New Ground Slam Effect in 1.1.2

"
dlrr wrote:

[…]
Overall, I like this, but agree it could be improved. The spiky bit works well with the ice effect, but as a ground effect I think most players are used to seeing big blocks of earth (eg, when Hulk hammers the ground) then spiky spikes come out. […]

Absolutely. The spikes don't really match with the shock wave + stun effect GS seems to deal.
I'd assume the 3D spikes also help with the vfx feedback we need to spot the skill range/damage area - especially on different levels.

And as I sometimes play with great GS spammers, I'm feeling there gonna be some visual mess amplification ;)

Thanks for the updated vfx!
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
Last edited by Bourrinopathe on Apr 4, 2014, 6:35:28 AM
"
Bourrinopathe wrote:
"
dlrr wrote:

[…]
Overall, I like this, but agree it could be improved. The spiky bit works well with the ice effect, but as a ground effect I think most players are used to seeing big blocks of earth (eg, when Hulk hammers the ground) then spiky spikes come out. […]

Absolutely. The spikes don't really match with the shock wave + stun effect GS seems to deal.
I'd assume the 3D spikes also help with the vfx feedback we need to spot the skill range/damage area - especially on different levels.

And as I sometimes play with great GS spammers, I'm feeling there gonna be some visual mess amplification ;)

Thanks for the updated vfx!

Im playing a Grdounslammer with 4.5 Atks/sec. Do I now need to switch builds so ppl in parties wont lag?

Implement the old one for 20 points to buy. Please.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh
Last edited by bluquh on Apr 4, 2014, 7:00:41 AM
I was thinking about the overcrowded visual effects with all those new spikes/stalagmites poping at a high rate and mixed with all the party members skills (mix w/ Incinerate and stuff = we won't see sh**).

The performance hit should not be that hard. GGG and Russell certainly have tested the new vfx in different conditions. Let's hope so ^^

And gratz for 4.5 aps! That must be fun! BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BL…!

IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
Last edited by Bourrinopathe on Apr 4, 2014, 7:27:48 AM
Will it throw mobs up? At least a bit?
Spikes seem a really odd visual cue for ground slam (unless they are not spikes, but unearthed tree roots :)

(but this will make me resume working on my GS mara in invasion, for sure :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 4, 2014, 8:22:56 AM
I like it, much clearer to see the AoE now =)
Good thing to match the real AoE, but I don't like the spike effect at all for a skill that's called ground slam.
SO Freakin' cool!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
Bourrinopathe wrote:
I was thinking about the overcrowded visual effects with all those new spikes/stalagmites poping at a high rate and mixed with all the party members skills (mix w/ Incinerate and stuff = we won't see sh**).

The performance hit should not be that hard. GGG and Russell certainly have tested the new vfx in different conditions. Let's hope so ^^

And gratz for 4.5 aps! That must be fun! BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BL…!

Overlapping is a problem in itself which could be solved pretty easly be having an option to simplify party-member skills in their appearance (like done by lots of other MMO/RPG)
www.twitch.tv/bluquh
My only worry is it might be too "busy" and crowd the screen.

I value being able to see what's going on and don't really like spells that are too flashy, or colorful, or just too visually imposing.

I don't want it to drown out the mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info