Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

So I finally decided to do some passive tree optimizations, borrowing a little from the tree I planned a couple months ago, and doing some improvements that Mathil had in his tree, and I think I've come up with something pretty good. There may still be some improvements that can be made, but overall I think this is another improvement over the tree in the original build.

I'll link the tree and mention the changes. If a stat isn't mentioned then it's either the same, or just something insignificant like Spell Damage.

Some changes are small like the tree I link only has very slightly more DEX, which is a pretty insignificant stat anyways. But other stats like Accuracy increase quite drastically.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm43tgwguGY4AXtN-xKK74_66fXWv6xqP9tr7CRmKLYOXBlVLYeImlRa_D6tTNZu1jDYfQQMetUhwUioL8-oOSGNDL2_ZE3C77BjBxX_GEZa4yjt8D8Sio-96_MXBM4bOIXZbr90Nh3ZnoEp91op_K3fXVvqgnznUdvcx-k2SI_aNfTB8_94k_edUUUesR1FMykrDOm-edweHE5ykgwkqTX1btfJuqkrIPyfYvTWSKjipbjIJcmxsRrl8jAvssDY9bWydqmyM44QIsT_86GZ4DecKeOsKmw==

DEX: 260 > 280
STR: 60 > 70

All Resistances: +24% > +10%

Crit Chance: +482% > +494%
Accuracy: +76% > +106%

Projectile Damage: +51% > +43%

If you also happen to be the sort who levels all the way to 100, then this tree has you covered on the next 10 levels in any way you could want. There's a huge number of crit, accuracy, damage, or life nodes that you can access without needing to spend a single point on a boring +10 DEX node or something similar. So every level after the planned tree is going to get you something interesting.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Oct 26, 2014, 9:13:49 PM
I got bored of Tornado Shot and I came back to good ol Split Arrow

My stats

DPS can be higher because i dont have 20/20 gems yet (lv 17 herald of thunder and 19/20 herald of ice after failed corruption)
About 27k without flask and haste
76% crit without charges

Frenzy or elem hit for single (pref frenzy for charges), I should get 100k easily on this (80k frenzy now with low lv crit dmg gem)

Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4GIwixDkgPqw_EEYERlhUgFr8Zih9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCyo4Kk0s6S2DMHwx-jWSNj051DqzO3w_Jz_8RXxGaUp9SshLV02STeNRR1FMUzVVS1b6WK9br2HiYqxjp2egbIxtbG6qb55v8nBScsN293cHd9d4DX1bfyt_xoMJhs6HE4d2jAuMNo19kAqXBpeXm7WcpJ2qoJ-io6R4pcupbqsLrEe0OLVItfK4yrl8wOPBM8HVwzrEospKzAbWiti93Q3dRt7444TlGedU6GbssPGz8-r79fzF_o__3g==

Gear

Last edited by arcadius on Oct 27, 2014, 4:46:21 AM
"
Shotgun_Surgeon's stuff...

Uncanny. I was always wanting to do an elemental crit bow build and came up with almost exactly the same build you did. Glad to see others thinking the same thing and seeing it actually working. Leveling up my Ranger now and it's been great fun once that magical level 66 was dinged (74 as of this writing). I feel like I can do 75+ maps easily. Inb4 nerf of some kind in next major patch...
IGN: Yolowanda
Mathil posts vid saying how he thinks windrippers price will go up

Price goes up just cuz Mathil says it will

10/10 troll
IGN: Melo_mania
Great build as always Mathil

I was lucky to find my own Windripper from an Inner Treasure mob in Graveyard (i know right?!) , used 5 jewelers to 6 socket it, and 62 fusing to 6L. I'm way too lucky this league

Now, i've been trying some different setups with my current build. Tried CoC, but didnt really like it, tried normal GMP + Tornado shot, but got way too boring. So now, i'm testing the following setup as you see in the bow.

It's actually really good. The Arc perma chains because of the constant crit. I'm not sure if it's higher dps than using just increased crit damage gem, and weapon ele damage gem instead of CoC. But it's really really fun.

For those who is interested, this is my current build:

http://poeurl.com/y38ZPuL

the projectile damage from the tree boost my dps because of my Drillneck
Oh btw. Been thinking, would it be possible to make a lowlife/hybrid Windripper build?
Last edited by Wrannec on Oct 28, 2014, 2:33:16 PM
"
Wrannec wrote:
Oh btw. Been thinking, would it be possible to make a lowlife/hybrid Windripper build?

Yes, Massy did one.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Since CoE nerf and removal of shadow spell nodes I think its not worth it
Maybe im wrong i never played one
Last edited by arcadius on Oct 28, 2014, 3:29:50 PM
"
arcadius wrote:
Since CoE nerf and removal of shadow spell nodes I think its not worth it
Maybe im wrong i never played one

Perfectly worth it since Blood Rage is OPOP, your own choice.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Ok so I looked at my tree and it takes just 7 points to take blood magic and unvavering stance and I gain about 20 points from respeccing life nodes and some of other stat nodes so its doable without losing crit (gotta lose dodge which i just took) But what about ES? Main Es will come from shavs which not give a lot and you cant use shield to compensate. I would need to drop rats nest for alphas for anti freeze. Only way to gain ES is to get crazy crit/es rings and amu which propably will cost a LOT
And Blood rage gives only attack speed since you dont leech elem dmg with it. Is it really worth it? What about reflect, im killing myself already with ondars but without dodge
And also is it possible to drop blood magic gem since you have blood magic keystone and use life on hit instead of vitality and life reg for attacks? lgoh doesnt work with ghost reaver afaik
Last edited by arcadius on Oct 28, 2014, 4:11:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info