Help on where to go next/what I am doing wrong.

ok... so I am a newb who knows I don't know enough to know what to do... so here is where I am at right now, if I could get any help in where I go next, and what to start/stop doing I will be very grateful.

That is my current skill tree

bandits: Oak, oak, kratyn (how ever you say his name...)

And here are my current equips:
Spoiler

My current elemental deff is 75 cold,75 lightning,73 fire.(in merciless)
My chaos resist is in the negative 30s or 40s in merciless
My deffence is around 3000 I belive At level 57 it says I have 45% damage reduction.

I have around 6600 evasion with grace, giving me 60%+ chance to evade.

I regen 45ish life per second.
I have 1450ish life.

My current fighting style is to run grace and clarity and artic armor, then as i find a group of mobs activate blood lust and charge into the group with cyclone, supported with endurance on stun, reduce stun threshold, and culling strike(culling strike just because its useful on boss mobs, the skill slot was open, and as this isn't my damage skill but a utility skill, i figured it was alright) this gives me my max 4 endurance charges usually, then i use my reave, linked with multistrike, faster attacks, increased phys, added fire damage. each kill i get giving me a frenzy charge, which with my boots, at max charges(5) give me 5% life regen, 10% attack speed, 10% movement speed.

I just added cast on damage taken, casting enfeeble and molten shell.

I also use searing bond linked with increased burning damage on hard hitting bosses.

I am also working to added blood lust to cast on damage taken so as to make things easier :p

soooo yup, thats my current set up, if anyone could assist me in knowing what to do next it would be extremely useful.
short version:

you need Iron reflexes, evasion is not so good for melee characters
more life
enduring cry instead cyclone stun (? how long does it take to get endurance charges - stun chance is based on %life )

life leech doesnt work good anymore with aoe skills that hit at the same time like reave. On the other hand Life gain on hit works great. So if you cant survive switch your added fire for LGoH and get lost dps somewhere else, flat physical damage from jewelry and/or better weapon
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 30, 2014, 3:35:54 PM
Life life life life life.

You need much more life on your helm, rings, and chest. Ideally your amulet as well. Upgrading these will quickly take you to over 2k life.

Your tree needs much more life. Currently it's only 96% increased and should be closer to 200% increased. Changing this will get you up over 3k life.

Your resists are good and you have a good 5L setup and a pretty bitchin' weapon.

On the tree:
This highway change from the left-of-duelist to the right-of-duelist will save you 2 points.
Removing the charge duration nodes gives another 2 points.
Getting the thick skin cluster costs 5 (and you've already saved 4) which gives a lot of life.
This life cluster should be your next 4 points, which brings you up to a decent 162% increased life.
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 30, 2014, 3:36:57 PM
Here is a list of the minimum amount of hit points (meaning life and es and that can be restored by leech or Life Gain on Hit):

Level 40: 1k

Level 50: 2k

Level 60: 3k

Level 70: 4K+

These numbers should only be below the minimum if you have one or more of the folowing:

Mind Over Matter

Arctic Armor

Block of 50% or higher

Phase Acrobatics (This includes all dodge nodes prior, including Acrobatics)

The numbers can also be less if you are a summoner. This is because you have a cloud of minions that absorb all of the hits for you. This also assumes that you have correctly built your summoner and don't spend any points until you get all of the minion nodes.

Now, you say you have ~1.5k life and are under level 60. This means you need to invest more points into life nodes, get gear with life attributes, or find a way to mitigate damage so that you don't need the life. Here are some of the things I'd recommend:

1. Grab the Diamond Flesh notable at the bottom of the tree. That's 12% to elemental resistances and it's two points away.

2. Grab Mind Over Matter. You have some points invested into mana regen, and should have enough to keep this running.

3. Ditch Conduit. Unless you play in parties more than you play solo and generate charges like mad, don't get it.

4. Grab the Clear Mind notable. Two points for some chaos resistance. Very worthwhile.

5. Grab the three 18% resistance nodes in the southern Scion starting branch. You grab melee physical damage, and there's a 15% node right after those. Grab that too.

Iron Reflexes:

If you need armor and don't want to change supports, get this.

However, if you have extra supports or specifically want to use evasion, then use Blind. Blind is a great way to increase your survivability, even if you get this. Just keep in mind that you'll be based on a 5% chance to evade instead of whatever chance you have now. Blind affects enemy accuracy, and is more effective the more evasion you have.

Endurance Charges:

Ditch Cyclone and use one of these ideas:

1. CWS and/or CWDT with Enduring Cry

2. Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + ECOMS + Stun

3. Leap Slam + Melee Physical Damage + ECOMS + Stun

"
Ludvator wrote:
short version:

you need Iron reflexes, evasion is not so good for melee characters
more life
enduring cry instead cyclone stun (? how long does it take to get endurance charges - stun chance is based on %life )

life leech doesnt work good anymore with aoe skills that hit at the same time like reave. On the other hand Life gain on hit works great. So if you cant survive switch your added fire for LGoH and get lost dps somewhere else, flat physical damage from jewelry and/or better weapon
I used to use enduring cry, but never liked it... it takes me around two skill uses to gather all 4 charges on normal mobs, but I don't gain charges from boss mobs...
( I might add enduring cry to cast on damage taken...)

As for the life leach: Thank you! I have been wondering what the change in life leach was. at this time tho my leach seems to be working well, the as I move on I may switch them out as you suggested.

Thank you so much!

I'll take a look at iron reflexes! I thought I had noticed that as numbers stack higher in one deff stat, they become less effective per addition (like the 3k avasion my aura grants only gives 12% more evasion even though it doubles my total evasion)
"
pneuma wrote:
Life life life life life.

You need much more life on your helm, rings, and chest. Ideally your amulet as well. Upgrading these will quickly take you to over 2k life.

Your tree needs much more life. Currently it's only 96% increased and should be closer to 200% increased. Changing this will get you up over 3k life.

Your resists are good and you have a good 5L setup and a pretty bitchin' weapon.

On the tree:
This highway change from the left-of-duelist to the right-of-duelist will save you 2 points.
Removing the charge duration nodes gives another 2 points.
Getting the thick skin cluster costs 5 (and you've already saved 4) which gives a lot of life.
This life cluster should be your next 4 points, which brings you up to a decent 162% increased life.
Thank you thank you! I will definitely work on adding some life nods.
"
Natharias wrote:
Here is a list of the minimum amount of hit points (meaning life and es and that can be restored by leech or Life Gain on Hit):

These numbers should only be below the minimum if you have one or more of the folowing:

Mind Over Matter

Arctic Armor

Block of 50% or higher

The numbers can also be less if you are a summoner. This is because you have a cloud of minions that absorb all of the hits for you. This also assumes that you have correctly built your summoner and don't spend any points until you get all of the minion nodes.

Now, you say you have ~1.5k life and are under level 60. This means you need to invest more points into life nodes, get gear with life attributes, or find a way to mitigate damage so that you don't need the life. Here are some of the things I'd recommend:

1. Grab the Diamond Flesh notable at the bottom of the tree. That's 12% to elemental resistances and it's two points away.

2. Grab Mind Over Matter. You have some points invested into mana regen, and should have enough to keep this running.

3. Ditch Conduit. Unless you play in parties more than you play solo and generate charges like mad, don't get it.

4. Grab the Clear Mind notable. Two points for some chaos resistance. Very worthwhile.

5. Grab the three 18% resistance nodes in the southern Scion starting branch. You grab melee physical damage, and there's a 15% node right after those. Grab that too.

Iron Reflexes:

However, if you have extra supports or specifically want to use evasion, then use Blind. Blind is a great way to increase your survivability, even if you get this. Just keep in mind that you'll be based on a 5% chance to evade instead of whatever chance you have now. Blind affects enemy accuracy, and is more effective the more evasion you have.

Endurance Charges:

Thank you!!

I heard that mind over mater is only useful with EB and that I need like 2000k free mana for it to e useful... if I have 200 free mana right now, do you think it will be useful?

Thank you so much for the info on Blind, I had no clue it did that :0

I was actually working on getting clear mind, thanks for helping me know its worth the time.

I never thought about going for scion's resists... I always though that would take too many skill points to be useful... thanks for helping me look into that more!
enduring cry gets better when it levels up, and packs are larger too late game, so it is often possible to get all charges per one cast

you can now leech only from one target at the same time at max rate of 20% of your max life per second. With lvl 13 LGoH only you gain (assuming you have around 6aps) 180 per second per target, there is no cap and life is applied instantly

Armor reduction tooltip says only "estimated average physical damage reduction". The real reduction deppends on how big hit you are facing. The bigger the hit the lower damage reduction. The exact formula and detailed description can be found on wiki

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 30, 2014, 4:16:06 PM
"
bomackin wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

Mind Over Matter

Arctic Armor

Block of 50% or higher

Iron Reflexes:

Endurance Charges:

Thank you!!

I heard that mind over mater is only useful with EB and that I need like 2000k free mana for it to e useful... if I have 200 free mana right now, do you think it will be useful?

Thank you so much for the info on Blind, I had no clue it did that :0

I was actually working on getting clear mind, thanks for helping me know its worth the time.

I never thought about going for scion's resists... I always though that would take too many skill points to be useful... thanks for helping me look into that more!

It's not a matter of free mana and mana for your skills. If you have even 1 extra point of mana, it's going to be used to mitigate the damage.

If you have trouble with mana, you can easily link a Life Leech and Mana Leech gem to your attack and you'll be gaining twice as much "life" back with each hit, as damage is taken from life and mana.

Even if you only have 50 mana that you don't use, it helps. Of course, 50 mana won't do much and 2,000 extra would, but you can easily change this by getting mana on your gear.
"
Ludvator wrote:
enduring cry gets better when it levels up, and packs are larger too late game, so it is often possible to get all charges per one cast

you can now leech only from one target at the same time at max rate of 20% of your max life per second. With lvl 13 LGoH only you gain (assuming you have around 6aps) 180 per second per target, there is no cap and life is applied instantly

Armor reduction tooltip says only "estimated average physical damage reduction". The real reduction deppends on how big hit you are facing. The bigger the hit the lower damage reduction. The exact formula and detailed description can be found on wiki

:o

I do 8 aps....

Man....

that helps a ton... thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info