Help on where to go next/what I am doing wrong.

"
Natharias wrote:
"
bomackin wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
Here is a list of the minimum amount of hit points (meaning life and es and that can be restored by leech or Life Gain on Hit):

Level 40: 1k

Level 50: 2k

Level 60: 3k

Level 70: 4K+

These numbers should only be below the minimum if you have one or more of the folowing:

Mind Over Matter

Arctic Armor

Block of 50% or higher

Phase Acrobatics (This includes all dodge nodes prior, including Acrobatics)

The numbers can also be less if you are a summoner. This is because you have a cloud of minions that absorb all of the hits for you. This also assumes that you have correctly built your summoner and don't spend any points until you get all of the minion nodes.

Now, you say you have ~1.5k life and are under level 60. This means you need to invest more points into life nodes, get gear with life attributes, or find a way to mitigate damage so that you don't need the life. Here are some of the things I'd recommend:

1. Grab the Diamond Flesh notable at the bottom of the tree. That's 12% to elemental resistances and it's two points away.

2. Grab Mind Over Matter. You have some points invested into mana regen, and should have enough to keep this running.

3. Ditch Conduit. Unless you play in parties more than you play solo and generate charges like mad, don't get it.

4. Grab the Clear Mind notable. Two points for some chaos resistance. Very worthwhile.

5. Grab the three 18% resistance nodes in the southern Scion starting branch. You grab melee physical damage, and there's a 15% node right after those. Grab that too.

Iron Reflexes:

If you need armor and don't want to change supports, get this.

However, if you have extra supports or specifically want to use evasion, then use Blind. Blind is a great way to increase your survivability, even if you get this. Just keep in mind that you'll be based on a 5% chance to evade instead of whatever chance you have now. Blind affects enemy accuracy, and is more effective the more evasion you have.

Endurance Charges:

Ditch Cyclone and use one of these ideas:

1. CWS and/or CWDT with Enduring Cry

2. Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + ECOMS + Stun

3. Leap Slam + Melee Physical Damage + ECOMS + Stun

Thank you!!

I heard that mind over mater is only useful with EB and that I need like 2000k free mana for it to e useful... if I have 200 free mana right now, do you think it will be useful?

Thank you so much for the info on Blind, I had no clue it did that :0

I was actually working on getting clear mind, thanks for helping me know its worth the time.

I never thought about going for scion's resists... I always though that would take too many skill points to be useful... thanks for helping me look into that more!

It's not a matter of free mana and mana for your skills. If you have even 1 extra point of mana, it's going to be used to mitigate the damage.

If you have trouble with mana, you can easily link a Life Leech and Mana Leech gem to your attack and you'll be gaining twice as much "life" back with each hit, as damage is taken from life and mana.

Even if you only have 50 mana that you don't use, it helps. Of course, 50 mana won't do much and 2,000 extra would, but you can easily change this by getting mana on your gear.

Hmmm.... I will definitely try it out again....
I had it before, but i was constantly dying because I would run out of mana to use for my skills, where i leached life... so hopefully the added regen I have now helps make up for that.
thank you very much!

"
bomackin wrote:

I had it before, but i was constantly dying because I would run out of mana to use for my skills, where i leached life... so hopefully the added regen I have now helps make up for that.
thank you very much!

The point of MoM is to allow you to stack mana and mana regeneration instead of focusing only on life. Since an item only has one chance of rolling life, you essentially double your effective "life" by adding mana to the rolls you really need.

If you don't have the mana regeneration to at least sustain a 50 mana cost skill, then it will be tough. However, it's very easy to get 200% mana regeneration from gear and passives and get 2k mana without trying too hard.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
bomackin wrote:

thank you very much!

The point of MoM is to allow you to stack mana and mana regeneration instead of focusing only on life. Since an item only has one chance of rolling life, you essentially double your effective "life" by adding mana to the rolls you really need.

If you don't have the mana regeneration to at least sustain a 50 mana cost skill, then it will be tough. However, it's very easy to get 200% mana regeneration from gear and passives and get 2k mana without trying too hard.

Thank you very much! I've hit level 59 now. So far I have worked into 2045hp, gotten iron reflexes,now a total of 9800ish armor, working towards MoM and My servivability should hopefully be up to par...

Thank you very much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info