How is the combat?

"
metamag wrote:
"
Rustychops wrote:
haha ok ok.

It really is, because I was one of those clueless lazy people.
After I learned how to play I saw the full extent of idiocy of comments about something being wrong with PC controls.

The fact that you said you needed to "learn how to play" with the controls indicates to me that it is probably bad.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:

The fact that you said you needed to "learn how to play" with the controls indicates to me that it is probably bad.

No, it's just a half an hour to familiarize yourself with the game, just like with every other game, the problem here was that this genre was to that point very formulaic and DS3 brought many changes.

After the patch for keybinding I just changed one key.
Every time you post I laugh xD
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
"
Rustychops wrote:
I heard the pc controls for ds3 were like driving a tank. Also that it was a horrible console port. Way to punch their fan base in the face : D?

The PC controls were crap (although they were fixed in a patch shortly after release) and the game was indeed a horendous console port.

Despite all this, I still enjoyed the game.

I think what we can take away from the DS3 experience though is the value of not only actual testing ;) but appropriate testing. What I mean by this is that an action RPG should have both nerbs to the ARPG genre and veterans. If veteran RPG player had of been part of the PC testing team fro DS3, much of the control issue could have been avoided.

So, this begs the question, what's the make up of our alpha testing team? Do we have a mix of veteran and novice players to the ARPG genre?
"So Shines a Good Deed in a Weary World" - Willy Wonker
"
PoERickety wrote:
So, this begs the question, what's the make up of our alpha testing team? Do we have a mix of veteran and novice players to the ARPG genre?

The earlier alpha testers were mostly friends and family so they will have had their fair share of noobs amongst the early testers. The alpha invites on the forums have mostly gone to people who suggested and discussed things about the game so I imagine the majority of them are quite experienced.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info