[Not a bug] Cannot be Shocked - Fairgraves' Tricorne

Bug Reference#: 1480176885

Shocked ground, including the shocked ground created by enemies, shocks players through the fairgraves' passive.

I noticed that the unique icetomb was 'fixed' in 10.8 for having the parallel issue with chilled ground.

Perhaps the reddit discussion may be fruitful
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
Last edited by Ellie_GGG on Mar 26, 2014, 5:20:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Different mechanic on shocked ground, the shocked status that the item protects you from is from crit lightning or lightning with added chance to shock, the shocked ground is the same idea as burning ground and ignite...even if you have can't be ignited you can still burn while on burning ground.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Different mechanic on shocked ground, the shocked status that the item protects you from is from crit lightning or lightning with added chance to shock, the shocked ground is the same idea as burning ground and ignite...even if you have can't be ignited you can still burn while on burning ground.

On a similar note, having an Alpha's Howl equipped will not protect you from being frozen by a strongbox with the "freezes you when opened" modifier. That has nothing to do with the ground mechanics. I would consider that a bug, what's the point of having an immunity like that if it doesn't work in all cases?

I've only noticed it from the strongbox mods while playing on Ambush league.
@lagwin

Many people have raised this argument in the reddit thread, I would argue that if the shock from shocked ground differs from the shock caused by attacks then the passive on the tricorne must be re-worded to reflect this, or the shock caused by shock ground needs to be renamed (just as burn is not called ignite)

@kelderek
That is a very interesting point, you should make a bug post about that as well! I think these bugs all crop up because the code that causes status ailments bypasses the code checking to remove/negate them because they are non-standard.
@Faith_And_Steel
Shocking ground does not cause Shock, therefore immunity to Shock does not apply.
I still think this is a legitimate problem, why does chilling ground cause chill while shocking ground does not cause shock? If shocking ground does not shock (as burning ground does not ignite) then that should be clear to the player.

I hope you understand my meaning in that it's impossible for a player to discern this effect given that shocking ground places a debuff which has the exact name and properties of a shock on you.

Not arguing about balance here at all, just saying it either needs to be coded to negate the shock, or shocking ground/fairgraves' tricorne need to be reworded to make this interaction clear. As a veteran player I was not at all expecting this outcome!

edit: Thanks for the response though, I appreciate that the subject is on GGG's radar anyway.
@Faith_And_Steel
Last edited by DodgySmalls on Mar 26, 2014, 12:27:57 AM
I think the issue is that GGG are trying to visually let player know they're standing in "Shocking Ground" and receiving lightning damage, and they're doing this via the debuff icon, which happens to look the same/similar to the "Shocked" debuff icon.

They need 2 different debuff icons: 1 for Shock Debuff and 1 for Shocking Ground indicator.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
I hope you understand my meaning in that it's impossible for a player to discern this effect given that shocking ground places a debuff which has the exact name and properties of a shock on you.

The Shocking Ground buff has its own name and description that are not the same as Shock. It also does not have the same properties as Shock does - it is not included in the limit of three total Shocks, and will not count for any stats that check if something is Shocked or not.
Why does it act differently? That seems intentionally confusing. I get that the game is hyperliteral, but this is a bit much, using the same base word for a completely different effect.

Bug or not, it's poor game design.
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 26, 2014, 1:59:41 AM
> Shocking ground does not cause Shock

So the shock stack effect is the same, the status ailment icon is the same, the visual effect is the same, but it's not the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info