Vaal Molten Sheel Overwritten By Molten Shell

+1
agreed with the above.
Just prevent it from casting if vaal is up.
ign Krynix / if offline try GlupiChuj / if offline try FappingStrike
im usually on 5PM-11PM GMT+1
I would prefer Molten Shell and Vaal Molten Shell to be considered different buffs, but the "no overwrite" solution is better than nothing.

Using Cast when Stunned with Molten Shell.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
Last edited by Quintovir on Feb 24, 2015, 10:14:34 PM
"
Diphal wrote:
I think that best change would be to prevent buff coming from gem with higher level to not be overwritten by same gem of lower level... It would make a lot more sense and would solve this particular issue aswell.
^
make it happen please
at least for triggered lower-level skills
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I just ran into this. Really annoying.

I was considering to drop VMS even before, because I wanted to use it as a defence - but 1s cast time means it's unusable in tight situations. You'll take too much damage just during cast time and it can also be interrupted!
I thought: Well at least it can be useful with strongboxes where you know you could use some extra defence soon. Guess not if you're using regular MS on CwDt.

I'd prefer if both buffs could be up in parallel - but MS not overwriting VMS would be a step in the right direction.
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
Seems like they haven't deal with it yet.

Btw, really helpful I found this topic. Saved me from headache cuz my VMS keep disapeer every time I got hit.
"
litesabr wrote:
I have dropped regular molten shell on cwdt in favor of the vaal version. I use all high level gems of cwdt + LL + vaal mlt shl + inc dur. Even if you don't use the cwdt, I believe this is superior to a regular molten shell going off every other second.

Might as well swap the CWDT for something useful while you're at it, since it doesn't support VMS.
+1 for disabling regular molten shell during vaal molten shell, if there is no other option.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes, this is intended behaviour. Both provide the same molten shell buff, which can only be on the character once at a time, replacing any previous differences. They only differ in when the skill will remove that buff itself.

If this proves to be a serious problem in play, we could maybe prevent regular molten shell from being castable while a vaal molten shell is in effect, so it would fail rather than replacing? I'm not sure at this stage if there would be any unintended negative consequences of that.

Yes, please prevent normal molten shell from casting when vaal version is active.
There are many people confused on the forum as I was, and this seems very un-intuitive for everyone learning the game^^. Vaal gems usually don't conflict like this with their normal counterparts.

The usefulness of vaal molten shell on my current character is less than 10% of what it could be with this fix and I'm forced to choose one or the other. Doesn't seem like an interesting decision to make in the game either^^

Anyway thanks for an awesome game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info