Why is there no flask to help Energy Shield defense?

The problem with flask doubling your ES is some builds would get 20k ES using it. 5 of those flasks and you're immortal. I don't think that's a good idea.

Your problem isnt not having that flask, your problem is having a low life build without Shavronnes Wrappings. Either go CI or get a Shavronnes Wrappings.
"
danisonxtc wrote:
"
M59Gar wrote:
It's a good idea, so it won't be implemented.

i like that statement

So much irony.

What you are proposing is essentially to remove the primary balancing agent of energy shield, the fact that you can't use flasks to restore it the way you can with life. This is what makes ES so much different from life characters. You are proposing removing the very character from energy shield, while simulataneously making life based play practically obosolete.

If you need flasks so badly, play a life character.
Thanks for all the replies. I learned a lot.
"
Incompetent wrote:
"
Ntense wrote:
For armour defense you have granite flasks. For evasion def you have jade flasks. You can enhance either of those with the other also. So you could have a Jade flask which has 100% increased armour on it potentially. Or vice versa. Especially useful if you have a split arm/Eva build with iron reflexes. So why is there no flask to help the characters that rely on only their Energy Shield. My char is a "low life " witch. With chaos dam bypassing my ES things are tough enough how about a flask that doubles your current ES for A few seconds or something like that?

Armour and Evasion are mitigation/avoidance - they mean you take less damage or take damage less often, but you still have to take the damage somehow when you do get hit. ES is more like life, but it deliberately doesn't work like life in terms of how it is recovered, because making life and ES too similar would be bad for character diversity.

I could get behind a flask that temporarily gives 'Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield', though. It would solve all sorts of problems for those of us who aren't rich enough to afford a Shav's.

Totally agree with the first part. Totally disagree on the second part. It would remove the desire for Shavronne's Wrappings or the Solaris Lorica.
And then you realize that Shavronne's has all but killed CI for anything but the top .1%. It is a decently high ES chest with a resist and essentially free life given that CI itself only offers 12% More ES now. Then again, ES stopped being a unique mechanic after Ghost Reaver and Zealot's Oath were implemented, so whatever, it's essentially just a chest with lots of "life" now :D
"
Deadpeng wrote:
because energy shield is the strongest form of defense in the game right now. Nobody dares to spoil the balance by making it any stronger.

This can't be serious...
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
The only distinction between energy and life atm are the pots and the active regeneration.

Both ensure a somewhat different approach to both offensive and defensive tactics. Removing that would be horrible and you might as well remove energy shield from the game when this happens.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Natharias wrote:
Totally agree with the first part. Totally disagree on the second part. It would remove the desire for Shavronne's Wrappings or the Solaris Lorica.

The only time I think an existing unique should matter when making overall design decisions is if it makes the unique item overpowered. I don't think it's GGG's job to look after the 'wealth' of players by making sure existing uniques don't become surplus to requirements.

Besides, having a bonus passively all the time is quite different to being able to have it briefly by drinking a flask.
"
Incompetent wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

The only time I think an existing unique should matter when making overall design decisions is if it makes the unique item overpowered. I don't think it's GGG's job to look after the 'wealth' of players by making sure existing uniques don't become surplus to requirements.

Besides, having a bonus passively all the time is quite different to being able to have it briefly by drinking a flask.

The thing is it would be completely broken. Since you don't encounter chaos mob all the time, chain flask would allow to completely negate it. It will broke low life. Right now they're gated by the fact that Shav ES is pathetic. Imagine a low life dagger build with mirror 1k ES Regalia.
You obviously do not play enough ES based characters to realize your idea would be incredibly OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info