Why is there no flask to help Energy Shield defense?

For armour defense you have granite flasks. For evasion def you have jade flasks. You can enhance either of those with the other also. So you could have a Jade flask which has 100% increased armour on it potentially. Or vice versa. Especially useful if you have a split arm/Eva build with iron reflexes. So why is there no flask to help the characters that rely on only their Energy Shield. My char is a "low life " witch. With chaos dam bypassing my ES things are tough enough how about a flask that doubles your current ES for A few seconds or something like that?
It's a good idea, so it won't be implemented.
because energy shield is the strongest form of defense in the game right now. Nobody dares to spoil the balance by making it any stronger.
"
Ntense wrote:
For armour defense you have granite flasks. For evasion def you have jade flasks. You can enhance either of those with the other also. So you could have a Jade flask which has 100% increased armour on it potentially. Or vice versa. Especially useful if you have a split arm/Eva build with iron reflexes. So why is there no flask to help the characters that rely on only their Energy Shield. My char is a "low life " witch. With chaos dam bypassing my ES things are tough enough how about a flask that doubles your current ES for A few seconds or something like that?

Armour and Evasion are mitigation/avoidance - they mean you take less damage or take damage less often, but you still have to take the damage somehow when you do get hit. ES is more like life, but it deliberately doesn't work like life in terms of how it is recovered, because making life and ES too similar would be bad for character diversity.

I could get behind a flask that temporarily gives 'Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield', though. It would solve all sorts of problems for those of us who aren't rich enough to afford a Shav's.
cus ES all ready scales so well from passives and items

if they do this they would have to nerf it pretty hard
Tranquil Flask
Lasts 3 seconds
Consumes 40 of 60 charges on use.
500% Increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery

Shavronne's Blood
Tranquil Flask

Lasts 3 seconds
Consumes 60 of 60 charges on use.
500% Increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery
---
50% increased charges used.
Chaos Damage doesn't bypass Energy Shield during Flask effect.
Armor and Evasion become 0 during Flask effect.

According to the wiki's formula 500% should be about a 1 second es cooldown.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Mar 25, 2014, 1:34:30 AM
Because, if we're gonna go with what ES is supposed to be, it's literally just a large buffer that only recharges when not hit. It was a defense that supported a hit and run playstyle that relies on not taking hits and killing enemies before they killed you. That changed quite a bit when Ghost Reaver and then Zealot's Oath came out, and made it even more annoying when they nerfed the values on items by around 33% and the power behind CI. Nowadays, it's basically just a way to get more "life" when you hit a high gear cap.
Because vaal pact/GR (was) grossly overpowered.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 25, 2014, 1:38:09 AM
Armour and Evasion are mitigation/avoidance mechanics which benefit both life and ES builds.

Life has a much smaller buffer but is a lot easier to achieve, ES has a significantly higher buffer but much harder to achieve.

With good enough gear you need a significantly less investment in terms of passive nodes for comparable buffer, which is why there are significant disadvantages to being ES.

I think the max ES at 20 quality is as follows:
Body Armour: 1123
Shield: 1006
Helmet: 761
Boots: 566
Gloves: 480

Total: 3936

Would be insanely tough to get max roll items, need 3 perfect prefix rolls. But, say you have 80% of max rolls, still leaves you with a base of 3148.

If you have 400 intelligence just take the 12 core nodes around CI and Witch starting area which boost ES then you would have ES of 9,897 for 12 nodes and a few transit.

If you also took the 2 clusters of nodes near templar (10 nodes) then that is 12,919 for an investment of 22 nodes + transit, assume the build would want to be in the vicinity of these areas.

Most life builds have significantly more invested in life nodes, even with a Legacy Kaoms you wouldn't get remotely close to a pedestrian version of a high-end ES buffer.

If you want to start getting all the other perks like leech->ES, regen->ES, Vaal Pact, IR, US, etc it is going to take a lot of transit, it has to otherwise ES is way too strong.

There isn't a health pot that can remotely come close bridge the gap between a high-end life pool and a half-arsed ES high-end health pool, it is why there aren't ES pots. It is why it is a hassle getting life based perks for ES.
"
M59Gar wrote:
It's a good idea, so it won't be implemented.

i like that statement
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info