[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Say_Ten wrote:

all that seems like a decent alternative. the game has changed a LOT since i made this build with double strike. the meta is AOE and clear speed and almost no one plays single target melee anymore. but that's also what ST is for.

you should eventually ditch Diamond Skin and take the single phys damage/accuracy node to get to Martial Experience. this will free up two nodes that you should undoubtedly use for the two jewel sockets you don't have.

keep in mind that you can get +5-7% maximum life on a jewel, plus three other properties, so you should go for that before you take extra scion life nodes. they will be expensive, but if you're level 90+ it's life. no pun intended.

Yah, the resistances are because I need them currently. I don't play often and so I basically use what I get. There is wiggle room with what I was doing if I find gear that fills things better.
Really loving the build but having quite abit of trouble on Merciless Izaro. Any tips welcome.
First of, I would like to thank you for the time to write down this guide and for sharing your experiences.

Started this char a few days ago and I am having a lot of fun. Due to the fact, I did not find any Double Strike Gem, I am using Lightning Strike + LMP + Faster Attacks + Fire Dam - works very good until now (Lunaris Cruel). Do you see or maybe experienced any issues in continuing with this or should I switch to DS? Not sure how things will be once I will end up in Merciless, but so far, I did not face any trouble with LS.

Thanks for your advice.

BR

"
Really loving the build but having quite abit of trouble on Merciless Izaro. Any tips welcome.

How much life do you have?

Are your resists capped?
"
Smitfraud wrote:
First of, I would like to thank you for the time to write down this guide and for sharing your experiences.

Started this char a few days ago and I am having a lot of fun. Due to the fact, I did not find any Double Strike Gem, I am using Lightning Strike + LMP + Faster Attacks + Fire Dam - works very good until now (Lunaris Cruel). Do you see or maybe experienced any issues in continuing with this or should I switch to DS? Not sure how things will be once I will end up in Merciless, but so far, I did not face any trouble with LS.

Thanks for your advice.

BR

If you can change LMP to a red socket and toss in Melee Physical, it will be a lot better. LS naturally has more proctiles as you level it (up to 7).

Until you get to Merciless, you should be able to use whatever you want honestly.
Amazing damage boost, thanks a lot!
"
Smitfraud wrote:
Amazing damage boost, thanks a lot!

You got it brozilla
"
Say_Ten wrote:

If you can change LMP to a red socket and toss in Melee Physical, it will be a lot better. LS naturally has more proctiles as you level it (up to 7).

Until you get to Merciless, you should be able to use whatever you want honestly.

Lightning strike projectiles do not benefit from the Melee Physical Damage Support only the initial melee hit does.

Dont use it.
Well, I finally ended up in Merciless - Act 4 at the moment. I switched to Dual Strike, works fantastic. I will just do a minor change and go for Resolute Technique to get rid of the Accuracy nodes and pick some life & Damage one instead for security reasons since my equipment needs some more upgrades. Afterwards, I will respec those nodes.

All in all, I am more than happy with this build - except for a couple of one shots, it kicks asses and makes tons of fun.

"
ajmanmz wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Lightning strike projectiles do not benefit from the Melee Physical Damage Support only the initial melee hit does.

Dont use it.

AFAIK it does benefit from it because it boosts the initial hit, which is 50% phys/50% lightning and that same amount of damage, less 25%, is transferred via each projectile. It's a solid hybrid melee skill and I use it on my shadow build.

EDIT: posting back and forth with Viper and you are correct.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Jan 4, 2017, 2:23:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info