[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

Update on Crit-based version...

I added some info in the FAQ section. Look under "What If I Want to Go Crit Anyway?"

Current tree at lvl82:

I am also using the Crit Multi gem instead of Added Fire Damage currently.

Self-Buffed DPS:

Spoiler

Keeping power charges up with PCoC gem, but still wishing I had Blood Magic and full mana reservation. However, the DPS is very high so it is a trade off.

From here on out, I will probably just pump points into life since using 3 uniques really kills your max life pool. If I got to 90+ and put all points into life, I suspect I could be in the 5500 range.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Oct 22, 2016, 8:13:00 AM
Really nice build, so far so good, really need high pdps weap, the higher the better. Enjoying the gameplay style, i hate single button build w/o options, in this case you have a ranged option along with extreme single target dmg.

I like the assassin play style with lots of utility skills from D2, but poe tends to focus on a single skill spamming to solve all problems, which imo sux, that's what i liked the most about D2 (hybrid assassin with lvl 1 mind blast + lvl 1 traps for the stun lock combined with your high lvl attacks, ww + kicks and fly kick for teleport + dmg, + cloak of shadows ofc, just for the lulz), it was just awesome! But poe is good also in it's own way.

I've rolled a ~450 pdps two hand sword lvl 58 just with physic 166% and physic flat, need multi mod or single exalts rolls to try to increase the wep dps.

I tried a duelist crit sword two-hander, the problem for me is that i couldn't survive in any way the dmg reflected, heavy strike 100k+ dmg back at you, kills you in 1 hit, even with 6k life and 50% phys reflect reduction from slayer. Other stuff just melted away.
"
shydo wrote:
Really nice build, so far so good, really need high pdps weap, the higher the better. Enjoying the gameplay style, i hate single button build w/o options, in this case you have a ranged option along with extreme single target dmg.

I like the assassin play style with lots of utility skills from D2, but poe tends to focus on a single skill spamming to solve all problems, which imo sux, that's what i liked the most about D2 (hybrid assassin with lvl 1 mind blast + lvl 1 traps for the stun lock combined with your high lvl attacks, ww + kicks and fly kick for teleport + dmg, + cloak of shadows ofc, just for the lulz), it was just awesome! But poe is good also in it's own way.

I've rolled a ~450 pdps two hand sword lvl 58 just with physic 166% and physic flat, need multi mod or single exalts rolls to try to increase the wep dps.

I tried a duelist crit sword two-hander, the problem for me is that i couldn't survive in any way the dmg reflected, heavy strike 100k+ dmg back at you, kills you in 1 hit, even with 6k life and 50% phys reflect reduction from slayer. Other stuff just melted away.

Did you check out my Assassin build as well?
Writing to give a feedback about that build. I played it to lvl 88 without almost any improvisations while i spent around 15ex in total. I had around 130k double strike dps when i quit. Had 4k+ life and 10k+ armor. Really works fine at lower level, and it is very fun gameplay-wise, hopping around throwing your ST and all. But the highest tier maps i was able to do comfortably with my final gear were T10. Red maps i quite often died to bosses so did not even come close to lvling up beyond that point (while i tried). Also couldn't finish uberlab and uberatziri. That was my first serious character and the more i played the less this build had made sense. So i had 2 6-link setups 1) The double strike with nice damage and so much leech but i couldn't man up to high tier bosses with it cause i got randomly one-shot by everything. Even not regular one-shot stuff. The ST setup was very fine with mobs but was i supposed to fight bosses with st? The why do i have the dual strike setup for? And the cwdt-enfeeble-bloodrage setup felt really out of place for a so squishy character, i basically had no charges against bosses or my corpse had them. To play at red maps and beyond, this build requires really high level gameplay and even then i don't think it is very strong. Also very lag-sensitive so one spike you might be done for even with a strong character. Anyways, thank you for the build i have played for a fair bit. If someone is going to play it i'd recommend not spending so much currency on it and move on when you've had your fun cause it just does not scale after some point. Well maybe that was the point of that build. Anyways, feel free to bury or correct me, i am still pretty newbie so not at the point to have so much ego that's just my POV.
What Ranger ascendancy did you take?
"
Tegernako123 wrote:
Writing to give a feedback about that build. I played it to lvl 88 without almost any improvisations while i spent around 15ex in total. I had around 130k double strike dps when i quit. Had 4k+ life and 10k+ armor. Really works fine at lower level, and it is very fun gameplay-wise, hopping around throwing your ST and all. But the highest tier maps i was able to do comfortably with my final gear were T10. Red maps i quite often died to bosses so did not even come close to lvling up beyond that point (while i tried). Also couldn't finish uberlab and uberatziri. That was my first serious character and the more i played the less this build had made sense. So i had 2 6-link setups 1) The double strike with nice damage and so much leech but i couldn't man up to high tier bosses with it cause i got randomly one-shot by everything. Even not regular one-shot stuff. The ST setup was very fine with mobs but was i supposed to fight bosses with st? The why do i have the dual strike setup for? And the cwdt-enfeeble-bloodrage setup felt really out of place for a so squishy character, i basically had no charges against bosses or my corpse had them. To play at red maps and beyond, this build requires really high level gameplay and even then i don't think it is very strong. Also very lag-sensitive so one spike you might be done for even with a strong character. Anyways, thank you for the build i have played for a fair bit. If someone is going to play it i'd recommend not spending so much currency on it and move on when you've had your fun cause it just does not scale after some point. Well maybe that was the point of that build. Anyways, feel free to bury or correct me, i am still pretty newbie so not at the point to have so much ego that's just my POV.

Thank you for your feedback. A few notes:

1) your life pool is way to low. You would need to get that to 5000 minimum.

2) I started manually casting blood rage

3) if you have two 6L setups, did you ditch HoA for Grace?

4) GGG nerfed Leap Slam and made the range shorter which sucks a lot

5) This is a beginner friendly build but I have done some pretty difficult content with it. It does not, however, stand up to very defensive or very offensive builds in specific occasions. It is balanced this way for a reason.

If you enjoyed this check out my shadow assassin build!
"
dma634 wrote:
What Ranger ascendancy did you take?

Raider
Hi,

I'm a returning player who last played when the game was still in Beta. Last things I remember was the very first races starting and that my Groundslam Marauder was pretty hard to play and too frustrating.

Somehow I chose this guide for my first new char because it was easy to read and easy to filter out the important informations even if I have no clue about the state of the game. So thank you very much for the effort!

I had some trouble around Act4 Normal (especially bosses) because I didn't find a good weapon for quite some time. But since then it's a blast with the exception of some deaths to bosses. Even with very bad gear and no defensive gem setup yet. Hope to fix that soon and start mapping on weekend. At least I could grab a 5L-chest from my old char that works wonders.

I have a short question.

It seems like I'm four nodes away from Resolute Technique. Is that worth it? Right now I have 81% chance to hit. I only loose the base crit written on the weapon for Dual Strike and Spectral Throw, right? So that node seems to be a flat 20% increase in damage which I can't get with any four other nodes. (Also I could maybe respecc some accuracy nodes.)

And not really related to the char: I have two stash tabs full of skill gems because back in the days you could not buy them, only get them through quests and drops. Is there anything worth keeping beside Item Quantity gems and versions with quality?
Last edited by Realshaggy on Nov 3, 2016, 11:08:49 AM
Will Hegemony's Era work if I want to go crit? Do you still need PCOC with Hege's 10% power charge on knock back?
"
Realshaggy wrote:
Hi,

I'm a returning player who last played when the game was still in Beta. Last things I remember was the very first races starting and that my Groundslam Marauder was pretty hard to play and too frustrating.

Somehow I chose this guide for my first new char because it was easy to read and easy to filter out the important informations even if I have no clue about the state of the game. So thank you very much for the effort!

I had some trouble around Act4 Normal (especially bosses) because I didn't find a good weapon for quite some time. But since then it's a blast with the exception of some deaths to bosses. Even with very bad gear and no defensive gem setup yet. Hope to fix that soon and start mapping on weekend. At least I could grab a 5L-chest from my old char that works wonders.

I have a short question.

It seems like I'm four nodes away from Resolute Technique. Is that worth it? Right now I have 81% chance to hit. I only loose the base crit written on the weapon for Dual Strike and Spectral Throw, right? So that node seems to be a flat 20% increase in damage which I can't get with any four other nodes. (Also I could maybe respecc some accuracy nodes.)

And not really related to the char: I have two stash tabs full of skill gems because back in the days you could not buy them, only get them through quests and drops. Is there anything worth keeping beside Item Quantity gems and versions with quality?

If you have a really good mace or staff then RT would possibly be worth it. Otherwise it's a waste of skill points.

Just IIQ as far as I know for gems...

Let me know if you need more help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info