[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Say_Ten wrote:
Both Champion or Slayer are very good options. Champion is a good choice, mainly for perma-Fortify and some additional buffs but I know everyone is loving Slayer for the culling strike on 20% life mechanic and the other buffs are really nice. If I were to choose, I would go Slayer.

The tree doesn't become that much different at all.

Would you still stick with the ascendancies you picked in your scion skilltree? I mean Berserker and raider... or would it be better to go slayer as scion?
Also, could you answer my question from before (two posts above yours)?

Thanks!
Hey Say_Ten,

Thanks for the guide, I really like playing this build and I enjoy Spectral Throw / Double Strike a lot.

I've never played in Softcore, so instead of linking multistrike (which I feel keeps you immobile for longer than I feel comfortable) to Double Strike, I use melee splash damage.

My only question is why did you take the two Frenzy nodes near Cloth and Chain in the Duelist tree to the south? I couldn't find any mention of frenzy charges in your build, only endurance charges and the Daresso Defiance stuff.

Thanks again for the build!

- Chris
Nope...not really. The tree and skills really lends themselves to lots of options. This build existed years before Ascendancy so it will stay here in the Scion section, but you could run it based on any of the classes in the lower hemisphere of passive points (Marauder, Duelist, Ranger, Scion).
"
Phixed wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
Both Champion or Slayer are very good options. Champion is a good choice, mainly for perma-Fortify and some additional buffs but I know everyone is loving Slayer for the culling strike on 20% life mechanic and the other buffs are really nice. If I were to choose, I would go Slayer.

Would you still stick with the ascendancies you picked in your scion skilltree? I mean Berserker and raider... or would it be better to go slayer as scion?

Thanks!

Had to get on my phone to see this...you wouldn't believe what it looks like on my work PC.

Any of them are fine to be honest. I would personally want to try a Slayer build eventually but they are all buffs to an already-awesome build.

The Wurm's Molt is very cheap. 1 Alva maybe? Go onto Poe.trade and get familiar with that site. It is a godsend.

Let me know how else I can help!
"
Hey Say_Ten,

Thanks for the guide, I really like playing this build and I enjoy Spectral Throw / Double Strike a lot.

I've never played in Softcore, so instead of linking multistrike (which I feel keeps you immobile for longer than I feel comfortable) to Double Strike, I use melee splash damage.

My only question is why did you take the two Frenzy nodes near Cloth and Chain in the Duelist tree to the south? I couldn't find any mention of frenzy charges in your build, only endurance charges and the Daresso Defiance stuff.

Thanks again for the build!

- Chris

Good name you've got there!

Use blood rage to generate frenzy charges. The buffs from it shouldn't be passed up.

If you run maps with vulnerability, less regen or no regen, you can leave Blood Rage off temporarily.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Phixed wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Thanks!

Had to get on my phone to see this...you wouldn't believe what it looks like on my work PC.

Any of them are fine to be honest. I would personally want to try a Slayer build eventually but they are all buffs to an already-awesome build.

The Wurm's Molt is very cheap. 1 Alva maybe? Go onto Poe.trade and get familiar with that site. It is a godsend.

Let me know how else I can help!

Thanks mate! One more thing that dazzles me... Why use double strike as main single dps skill when it needs so much dex, which I get none of until later? I just started today, I am level 16 and already can't use double strike level 6 unless I raise dex via my gear... so is it mandatory to raise dex via gear to be able to use it? And wouldn't that limit my gear choices?
"
Phixed wrote:

Thanks mate! One more thing that dazzles me... Why use double strike as main single dps skill when it needs so much dex, which I get none of until later? I just started today, I am level 16 and already can't use double strike level 6 unless I raise dex via my gear... so is it mandatory to raise dex via gear to be able to use it? And wouldn't that limit my gear choices?

Double strike is one of (if not the) the highest single target DPS melee skills. You don't need that much DEX on this build after the tree is complete. The INT for Hatred is probably more annoying to deal with.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Phixed wrote:

Double strike is one of (if not the) the highest single target DPS melee skills. You don't need that much DEX on this build after the tree is complete. The INT for Hatred is probably more annoying to deal with.

I echo what Say_Ten wrote there, the dex is easily fixed compared to the int requirements most of the time. Double Strike is crazy DPS for single target!

@Say_Ten, Dude, this build puts in work! i dropped an abyssus into this thing and ran extra granite flasks and this thing took on tier 7/8 maps at lvl 66-69 no problem (a few deaths to my missclicks or bad timing).

You put in a solid build here with flexibility, well done sir!
"
DD_Paladin wrote:
@Say_Ten, Dude, this build puts in work! i dropped an abyssus into this thing and ran extra granite flasks and this thing took on tier 7/8 maps at lvl 66-69 no problem (a few deaths to my missclicks or bad timing).

You put in a solid build here with flexibility, well done sir!

Nice...never tried to run Abyssus because I felt that it would become unbalanced...plus with new Steel Ring bases we have more options. But I suspect if you ran a Lightning Coil for armor you would be fine. Just sucks that you can't benefit as much from the crit multi unless you go Assassin.
Hey man, thanks for the guide, I totally enjoy this build but I die so many times vs bosses even on lower tier maps, so if you or anyone could have a quick look at my items and tell me what to switch, Id really appreciate it. Dont pay much attention to the gems, I swapped the Spectal Throw for Curse on Hit to test it yesterday, the problem is just that I dont feel tanky enough to melee combat any boss. I have like 3800 hp and after I read through the replies and you said 4000 is minimum I decided to make this post.
Also, if you could give me an idea of which jewels you currently use, I would be very grateful.
Thank you in advance,

I like turtles and cheesecake

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info