Please fix the beta invite timer.

People should not look at "Last Visited" date as the be all and end all of a user's activity.

If you have your login set up to "Remember Me" so that you don't need to log in each time you come to the site, it will never update your last visited.

The only reason I didn't notice sooner is because I've been logging in from a few different places and it updated it each time I logged in from a different computer.

Otherwise, it doesn't update. Even if you post it doesn't update Last Visited. That date is only updated if you actually use the Log In button.
Last edited by WiLDRAGE on Sep 19, 2011, 2:27:14 PM
"
Yoshirouu wrote:
It should reward people with At-least 1 post. People with none should get no chance at all. And they can send an mail when they change that feature and people whom cares will come back and do one.

What would be the point? Forum users are already more likely to get picked by the timer. more than ten times, actually. If that's not enough, perhaps you should do something else. Chris stated somewhere that very few keys are unactivated anyway, that many are just lurking without logging in. I see no harm in lurkers, we forum users still have the highground of getting picked by the timer.

And you haven't even been member for a week. What makes you more entitled to a key than a lurker? absolutely nothing. Sure, you might be an active forum poster, but most of your posts aren't constructive. (I'm not saying I'm better, mind you.) I'm just tired of people that start complaining about the timer 'cause they've had to wait for almost a week. What about us that've waited for a month? a quarter? half a year? even a year? should we just get a slap in the face 'cause YOU feel entitled to change anything?
-Generic forum signature here-
9,315 characters on Default ladder
2,434 characters on Hardcore ladder

Does anyone really believe that just a couple hundred players made all those characters?

The number of players online at any given time isn't conclusive to the number of people who have played. There isn't a "prime time" since players are spread all over the world in different time zones.

At the least, I think it's safe to say that ~2,000 accounts have played. If you really want to know, you can go to the ladder page and start counting.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Sep 19, 2011, 2:39:36 PM
"
WiLDRAGE wrote:
People should not look at "Last Visited" date as the be all and end all of a user's activity.

If you have your login set up to "Remember Me" so that you don't need to log in each time you come to the site, it will never update your last visited.

The only reason I didn't notice sooner is because I've been logging in from a few different places and it updated it each time I logged in from a different computer.

Otherwise, it doesn't update. Even if you post it doesn't update Last Visited. That date is only updated if you actually use the Log In button.

Mine does, my date and time updates when ever i load the page. So don't know whats broken your end. :P
"
I agree.

Or maybe bind their account to their ip address so anytime their IP logs in they are updated for the drawing (if it base4s off of activity)

I like this idea.
"
snyki wrote:
Joined: 11 септември 2011 20:15 and u are crying for the timer...just lol.Some of us are waiting from months...just sit and wait like us.
When I joined is not the point... Seeing people that don't deserve to get in infuriates me is the point.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
9,315 characters on Default ladder
2,434 characters on Hardcore ladder

Does anyone really believe that just a couple hundred players made all those characters?

The number of players online at any given time isn't conclusive to the number of people who have played. There isn't a "prime time" since players are spread all over the world in different time zones.

At the least, I think it's safe to say that ~2,000 accounts have played. If you really want to know, you can go to the ladder page and start counting.

It would be *really* strange if there truly were only about 100 on at any given time.

However, many of the people on this forum are from countries all over the world, so the time people can play is different.

I don't know how the servers are handled, but if there is only one, it may be region specific anyway. North America gets one server, Europe gets one, etc.
I try to be as respectful as I can to you, whether I agree with your opinions or not. I only ask that you grant me the same courtesy.
"
Broadside wrote:
Title says it all.

The beta invite timer sucks it shouldn't even be rewarding lazy people who just makes an account and was last active on the same day with ZERO post.

hey guy you had 13 posts before you made this thread. Stop freaking out.
63 Duelist Hardcore League (POE version 9.2)
#5 on ladder
"
Tossing wrote:
"
Broadside wrote:
Title says it all.

The beta invite timer sucks it shouldn't even be rewarding lazy people who just makes an account and was last active on the same day with ZERO post.

hey guy you had 13 posts before you made this thread. Stop freaking out.
I'm not "freaking out" I'm pissed and what else am I going to talk about? The beta? The only thing keeping me from it is that damn random invite timer.
Broadside....are you FRICKING kidding me? You have been a member for all of 8 days and you are on a rampage over not getting a key yet? Some people (very active long term members) are still waiting and you have the balls to jump on here and bitch like a 5 year old because you can't have what you want when you want. Grow up! You have NO reason to be mad about anything. You are actually worse than a lurker..or someone who creates an account and leaves. You are someone who creates an account and immediately brings your negativity and whiny comments to the forum. Your entitlement issues are staggering. You're a joke and I personally hope that you do not get an invite at all and are forced to wait for the game to release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info