Random Beta Key?

"
Paulenski wrote:

I did an quick calculations from since the beta released and I think the beta key timer began the day it opened, not counting the wave of keys they released. If every 24 minutes an key is given out over the last 31 days, only 1860 keys have been given out through the beta key timer.

They also gave out 2500 keys at gamescon, or whatever that thing is called.
As well as PAX. and there are also all the friend invite keys to think about. They have stated they will continue to release the keys untill the day the game goes completely open, so no matter what you'll get in before release.
"In the end everything you do, is just everything you've done."

Engaging Lurk Mode
Lol im waiting for my key from december 2010.. and still no!
http://d1s0rder.mybrute.com
There are 124424 accounts overall. There are roughly (very roughly) 5000 members. That means there are about 119424 accounts waiting to get the key. This means you have 1/119424 (~0,00084%) chance of getting the key every tick. I don't know the algorithms, but accounts that post on the forums have 10x better chance of getting the key, meaning 0,0084% chance. Calculating from this you have 0,43% chance of getting beta key every day. So that's pretty slim

I hope someone smarter than me would make these calculations right.
Make an account
Forget about the whole game
Get a beta key
????
Profit!!!!
i dont like this randomized beta key ticker, it gives accounts that have been offline for months
Those odds are crazy :(
Either way, that's a lot of people and I'm the only one that's trying to get the key. None of my friends really care for this style of gaming. Their all into LoL, MC or an FPS game. D3 is the only one I know some are going to try but that's it. I'll have to be lucky to find someone on the forum who has an extra key. My extra key for sure will go to someone on the forums, if I ever get in lol.
I was just asking a question, there was no need for a witty comment. Thank you for your assistance. I hope to get a random key. The game looks more and more legit. Almost too good to be true for a freebie.
Plenty of people who have been registered longer are waiting for keys.
"
Pabsmear wrote:
Plenty of people who have been registered longer are waiting for keys.

It's sad that they haven't got queued in front of the line. The beta timer just doesn't seem like an effective way of getting people into an beta.

I would be interesting to know how many have played beta but stopped since they've completed all of the available content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info