Failed Creating the Direct3D device (D3D)

Anybody has this error aswell or know how to fix it ? I have played this game yesterday and after a crash i got this error. I havent played since then.My grapichs card is AMD RADEON 7700 HD series.
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2018, 5:48:37 AM
Try to delete Production_config.ini which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Holy shit it worked................................ I am mad and very glad at the same time. thank you and I also hate you because i couldnt fix this and it was this easy. ( im mostly happy) :D
YOYOYO thank you !!! i did exactly as you said , and it worked , despite the fact that i just copy pasted it onto my new laptop(not directly installed) . all i did was delete the file and boom ! ,thanks again :)
thanks for posting this saved me alot of hassel.
Hey all, I have the same problem and I tried everything I've read in the forums but none of them helped. I tried deleting the Production_config.ini, installing DirectX 9, running in compatibility mode but had no luck.

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have a ATI Radeon 5870 gfx card, any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Solved, thanks to Rory's post

"
Rory wrote:
There should be some files in a Redist folder in your Path of Exile directory. Running the Direct X here should be all you need to do, if it is indeed Direct X causing the problem.
Last edited by Dodobird77 on Feb 15, 2013, 2:33:15 PM
Holy crap this worked, thank you so much. This seems like such a derpy fix :3
that work thank you i'm begining to go crazy
"
shendisen wrote:
Holy shit it worked................................ I am mad and very glad at the same time. thank you and I also hate you because i couldnt fix this and it was this easy. ( im mostly happy) :D

Thanks!
It works for me too! :D
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
Try to delete Production_config.ini which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

Thanks!
It works for me too! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info