[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

Guys i am pretty new in this game, so i will ask you can you "shotgun" your enemies with fireball if i am close to them?
Furthermore, if use this build for an example, i use ST to crit, then it triggers Fireball, if the fireball crits can it trigger another fireball?
Furthermore, is this dagger good for this build?
"
Resine wrote:
Guys i am pretty new in this game, so i will ask you can you "shotgun" your enemies with fireball if i am close to them?
Furthermore, if use this build for an example, i use ST to crit, then it triggers Fireball, if the fireball crits can it trigger another fireball?
Furthermore, is this dagger good for this build?

1. Yes spells can shotgun. But it's said that it's bad to stay close and shotgun if you use elemental equilibrium. Lowers the damage somehow. I never understood why as the spells should still alternate independant of range.

2. It's when you crit with st you cast the linked spells. Not when you crit with the spells.

3. That dagger is good but you're gonna miss out on some block chance. Up to you.

Something out of the ordinary just in:
Just did a 74 residence map and somehow dominus managed to kill me through:

Evasion 15000
Dodge 40%
Block 75%
Spell dodge 30%
Spell block 55%
Vaal grace dodge/spell dodge 34%

All this activated at the same time. You can imagine how surprised i was that something was even able to do damage to me then.

I think the minions he can explode ignore all block and dodge and resists. I would suggest newer players to skip this boss. He is just a huge pain.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 23, 2014, 6:07:50 AM
Ops double post.
Last edited by Resine on Aug 23, 2014, 6:30:49 AM
Hmm, then i have no clue what to do, either get those recommended daggers to get 40% block, or this one to get 130% spell damge.

Btw, in this build Vaal Pact is pretty close, is it bad to get it?

Edit, About Elemental Equilibrium, if i hit a mob with Fire it means he has +25% for fire and -50% for everything else, thus if i hit next by ice does it mean that he has -25% for fire -25% for ice and -50% for anything different?
Last edited by Resine on Aug 23, 2014, 6:35:01 AM
Added some tree variations into first post.

"
kompaniet wrote:

Added to the first post.

"
kompaniet wrote:
All this activated at the same time. You can imagine how surprised i was that something was even able to do damage to me then.

That's a "feature" of block/dodge/evation: sometimes you get hit, and when it happens, you get hit hard.

"
Resine wrote:
Btw, in this build Vaal Pact is pretty close, is it bad to get it?

Nobody tried. You lose life flasks and have to use LL gem with it.

"
Resine wrote:
About Elemental Equilibrium, if i hit a mob with Fire it means he has +25% for fire and -50% for everything else, thus if i hit next by ice does it mean that he has -25% for fire -25% for ice and -50% for anything different?
No, after ice hit he has +25 for ice, -50 for everything different. Only the last hit matters.

"
Resine wrote:
Hmm, then i have no clue what to do, either get those recommended daggers to get 40% block, or this one to get 130% spell damge.

You may be interested in this tree. Max block with only one Ungil's, but no access to Ballistics mastery and no life regen. Can be scion as easy as shadow.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Aug 23, 2014, 8:03:46 AM
Don't you have any mana issues? Do you use auras?
After the patch there is no mana issues.
I have been doing about 10 maps and clarity is no longer needed. You never run out of mana.
I only use purity of elements and grace now. In the video i recorded i used the wrong tree and also clarity.

The tree sunnyray provided is perfect. I use a very similar one now.
You can see how good assassin's mark curse is. Always on full power charges. I decided to get the power charge passive in shadow area (65% crit chance with 4 charges)

It is probably worth to get the power charge from bandit quest now. I see no better choice really.

With voll's armour you can maybe use elemental weakness instead of assassin's mark.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 23, 2014, 9:38:24 AM
I don't get it, when i use 2 auras i have enough mana to use ST just twice, there is no way i could regenerate that amount of mana for the next hit... What am i doing wrong?
"
Resine wrote:
I don't get it, when i use 2 auras i have enough mana to use ST just twice, there is no way i could regenerate that amount of mana for the next hit... What am i doing wrong?

Link your auras to as high lvl reduced mana gem you can. St only costs 16 mana to use. You shouldn't have any mana problems.

On my charachter i have 254 mana left over after my auras are reserved. This is plenty. Even on a no regen map i can cast st 15 times before i need to use a mana flask.

Remember that assassin's mark also fills up your mana on every kill. And if that isn't enough your flasks recharge all the time anyway.

Link your equipment so we can better help you.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 23, 2014, 9:56:49 AM

My lvl is 72.
I just started to build this up, i am kinda new player.
Last edited by Resine on Aug 23, 2014, 10:12:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info