[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
With +2 power charges though that's 2 passive points which would be -16% life at best. Not sure if it's the greatest investment.

Me too, but it's something to consider. At the same time 2 points is -60 crit chance at worst :)

Ya and if you take out 60% crit chance you get less consistency anyway. So you end up with a little more AOE, less dmg, and a little more consistency. Not really my cup of tea.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
I'm currently doing this build and it is just awesome how strong this thing is. It is melting away any pack that stand inmy way. I'd like to share some personnal impression about this build. Please tell me what you think of them :D.

-I started using CoC with 4L arctic breath, and at early level, the dps is quite good and already can clear really fast, so don't really be affraid of using CoC early, it helps getting used to it and all.

-doedre's and maligaro's offer quite the same dps, so i say it's not necessary to buy them: just buy a doedre's and try to get a maligaro's drop ( i find it not cost efficient enough)

-i find Tabula more usefull in this build than a random 6L chest plate. even if it does not provide any deffensive stats, it has the great ability to be able to like any gem together, and it can make really great combine choice with CoC (i tend to always have a faster atk, fster proj, life gain on hit, accuracy, and increase critical dmg, depending on the situation)

-personnaly i prefer having a karui ward than a stone, because it let me snipe quite good (used with life gain on hit against reflect mob) and i find already this build's survivability is already crazy.

-about the tree i suggest taking life after the 64 points. I found that I had a really hard time against reflect, and a few hundread hp is really helpfull in kiting those reflect mob, and killing them slowly.

-i found getting movement speed is really usefull for this build, as positioning is really important for having great dps, escaping and kiting

and here are some question i'd like to ask:

I got a Romira's Banquet, is it good for this build?
I don't really see the usefulness of the topaz flask in your build, except the curse immune, did you took it just for that?
Same question for the diamond flask, but for dispel shocked
Started this build in Invasion (will try to make Vaal pact variant, which we disscussed earlier).

It's too early to say something, maybe only that I started to melt everything already from 31 lvl, when I got access to all gems I need. Haven't yet checked reflect mobs, maybe it will be my last check, let's see. )

Right now my passives for 42 lvl:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYABH4F-RXwFr8a2yP2JP0mlTIBOlg6s0p9TGBVS1b6Wkhh4megbXtwUocZh3aH24w2k_yXBpsmo4quz7IZtDi1SMBRxKLN6tVP3Q3ed9725RnnVOd06NbrFOuO7g7v8PPq-_X8xQ==

And gear:
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Nice Build..

Here's my gears and tree @ level 79... lmk what you think i fucked up;)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAAYEfgW1BfkIZw5IEZYV8BX2Fr8YPBmKGo8a2xzcHaokPCT9JpUnqSj6LYMtqDBxNJM6QjpYRnFJUUp9S3hMYE4qVUtW-lptW69d8mHiYnljcGegbXtwUnC7cNV_xoLHgwmHGYd2h9uMNo2_kyeTOpP8lwaYrZsmnaOjiqdcrs-xkLQMtUi2QbfWvSe-p8BRxqLQ7tQj21ncV90N3aje9uGI44TnVOd06NbrFOuO7g7v4_Pq9tr3o_no-wn8q_zF

"
I got a Romira's Banquet, is it good for this build?
I don't really see the usefulness of the topaz flask in your build, except the curse immune, did you took it just for that?
Same question for the diamond flask, but for dispel shocked

Romira's Banquet adds 14% dps compared to diamond ring with 350 accuracy. Not clearly bad, but lacks life and resists which is why I wouldn't use it.

Lightning damage is damgerous: lightning thorns, storm heralds, some bosses, shock stacks. 5th flask is situational, but topaz is what I use by default.

Diamond makes short work of exiles and bosses which can be troublesome without it.

"
BlackCorsair wrote:
Started this build in Invasion (will try to make Vaal pact variant, which we disscussed earlier).

It's too early to say something, maybe only that I started to melt everything already from 31 lvl, when I got access to all gems I need. Haven't yet checked reflect mobs, maybe it will be my last check, let's see. )

Good luck :)
First reflect, first thorns, first corrupting blood, first EK boss/exile, first Apparatus. So many exciting milestones :)

"
Here's my gears and tree @ level 79... lmk what you think i fucked up;)

Your tree is do different that I can't say for sure if it''s fucked up :)
Obvious flaw is 10 dex instead of 30 str near Acrobatics, but that is temporary if you are planning to go down from there.
Other questionable things are not taking Ballistics for 1 point and lack of life nodes.
Also, I don't see a point in using Lavianga over regular surgeon's mana flask.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 16, 2014, 8:29:56 AM
Hey -- awesome! I'm building a variation now. Had a lvl ~25 shadow, so I'm using him.

I have this
, and would use a shield, likely
. Obviously I'm not getting the GG block from Ondar's or dual wielding benefits. I may go up to Nightstalker for the 120% crit from daggers, and grab Doomcast 60% crit with spells while I'm up there, to compensate for the lack of crit from Twin Terrors cluster.

What do you think about this alteration to your build? I have the dagger, so I want to put it to use, but I do see a huge benefit with dual Ondars...
Okay so I'm 66 and just spec'd into CoC. I have big issues with capped res and proper links + colors.

I wont tweak it out for a while.

In the meantime I am running purity to max. Mana regen is a real problem. I need to look for neighboring mana regen nodes ASAP.

My main issue is, what the fuck do I do for reflect? Honestly if I am spamming ST and hit an Ele Reflect, I know I will die, no question. But you seem so confident in your videos? You don't have spell block and you sure as hell aren't evading spells...?

EDIT: HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS BUILD IS SO FUN
Last edited by Illsonmedia on Jun 16, 2014, 10:14:05 PM
how mandatory is grace can i swap it for haste?
"
how mandatory is grace can i swap it for haste?

Grace isn't mandatory, depending on your evasion. Im lvl 68, have 1496 evasion and a 23% chance to dodge....which is 46% chance to dodge proj.

I need to run purity right now and dont have the mana regen to sustain 2 60% auras (aka im not running grace).

I'm fine.

I nearly just fucking ripped to reflect though, with frost wall cwdt lvl 1, and 75 all res, and life leech...

Edit:
disregard that, ive been playing with someone with grace
Last edited by Illsonmedia on Jun 17, 2014, 10:16:44 AM
how do i deal with the fps issues....

i have a fairly decent card nvidia 560 gti

Is there a setting I can change in PoE that will allow me to run more smoothly with this build, but maybe sacrifice graphics?

I know I'm going to rip to this...ill hit reflect pack and fps spike. Reeeep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info