[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Just a quick question: "Increased buff effects on you" . That works for clarity, discipline. But what about herald of ice, molten shell, enduring cry, immortal call, Artic armour?

Its really worth to get that 26% increased instead of just 5%?

Also nice, to see another cwdt in use instead of a skel totem combo. Its interesting. Duuno about that increased area of effect, maybe a frost wall instead?

PD: i found a pyro ring, wich is kind of new for me. Seems cool but looks more for a searing bond build?
Last edited by dr0w on Sep 6, 2014, 9:30:42 PM
"
dr0w wrote:
Just a quick question: "Increased buff effects on you" . That works for clarity, discipline. But what about herald of ice, molten shell, enduring cry, immortal call, Artic armour?

Its really worth to get that 26% increased instead of just 5%?

Also nice, to see another cwdt in use instead of a skel totem combo. Its interesting. Duuno about that increased area of effect, maybe a frost wall instead?

PD: i found a pyro ring, wich is kind of new for me. Seems cool but looks more for a searing bond build?

Afaik it works on clarity and arctic armour... quote from wiki

"
Incomplete list of buffs & debuffs

Some skills create buffs, but they are not buffs themselves.

The effects from all active aura skills
The effects from all curses
The armour bonus from Molten Shell
The Chaos damage, attack speed, and life leech effects of Blood Rage
The charge timers of Explosive Arrow
The duration effect placed on enemies by Dominating Blow that turns them into minions
The effect placed on enemies by when hit by Dominating Blow, Infernal Blow, or Power Siphon that causes the skill's effects (domination, detonation, and gain power charge respectively) to activate if the enemy dies within a short time after the hit
The effects granted by some items, like Onslaught.
The bleed effect of Puncture.[1]
The poison effect of Viper Strike.
The damage reduction and mana cost of Arctic Armor.
Onslaught
Unholy Might

"
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Hey GoranH, im lvl 65 in Beyond atm and the build is working great for me.

Passive:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbDXwQWBDMEQ8UTRSwFm8aOBpsHwIkqij6KU8qEyu2LJwspzI0NZI2xTbpOlg64UGHRZ1G10wtTeNTUlXGV8lZ81orXcZfKmBtgh6Cm4LHgziD24dli4yMRpBVmuCdgJ2uogCj8qZXpwinhKyYr7e1BLc-uJPAGsau2CTYvdrd2wvd8-Fz42rkIuvk6-7sOO0g8B_yRfiT-ej-Cv6P

Gear:
Spoiler

I will change my Ammy, Belt, and my Shield for some more HP, Spell Damage and Mana Regen. Next skillpoints will be the Spell Damage Nodes near the Witch area. Im running Clarity + Discipline + Artic Armor, once i get some more mana il try Herald of Ice.

Planned Skill Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCPQMXw18EFgQzBEPFE0UsBZvGjgabBynHwIfxySqKPopTyoTK3grtiycLKctizI0NZI2xTbpOlg64UGHRKtFnUbXTC1N41NSU6VVrlXGV8lZ81orXcZfKmBtakNtGYIQgh6Cm4LHgziD24dli4yMRo-mkFWa4J2Ana6iAKPyplenCKeErJivt7UEtz64k7zqwBrAVMau2CTYvdrd2wvd89-w4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47SDwH_JF-JP56P4K_o8=

Current Stats:

HP: 3000
Tooltip DPS: 1200
Free Mana: 900
Mana Regen: 170
Resits: All maxed at 75
IIR: 190 (with flask on)

I saw some people taking Elemental Equilibrium, i guess they also use Herald of Ice, what do you think about this node? Also im planning on having atleast 900 free mana because of MoM, is it enough or would you recommend me to make room for some more mana?

Thanks!
"
JerryVoy wrote:
Hey GoranH, im lvl 65 in Beyond atm and the build is working great for me.

Passive:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbDXwQWBDMEQ8UTRSwFm8aOBpsHwIkqij6KU8qEyu2LJwspzI0NZI2xTbpOlg64UGHRZ1G10wtTeNTUlXGV8lZ81orXcZfKmBtgh6Cm4LHgziD24dli4yMRpBVmuCdgJ2uogCj8qZXpwinhKyYr7e1BLc-uJPAGsau2CTYvdrd2wvd8-Fz42rkIuvk6-7sOO0g8B_yRfiT-ej-Cv6P

Gear:
Spoiler

I will change my Ammy, Belt, and my Shield for some more HP, Spell Damage and Mana Regen. Next skillpoints will be the Spell Damage Nodes near the Witch area. Im running Clarity + Discipline + Artic Armor, once i get some more mana il try Herald of Ice.

Planned Skill Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCPQMXw18EFgQzBEPFE0UsBZvGjgabBynHwIfxySqKPopTyoTK3grtiycLKctizI0NZI2xTbpOlg64UGHRKtFnUbXTC1N41NSU6VVrlXGV8lZ81orXcZfKmBtakNtGYIQgh6Cm4LHgziD24dli4yMRo-mkFWa4J2Ana6iAKPyplenCKeErJivt7UEtz64k7zqwBrAVMau2CTYvdrd2wvd89-w4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47SDwH_JF-JP56P4K_o8=

Current Stats:

HP: 3000
Tooltip DPS: 1200
Free Mana: 900
Mana Regen: 170
Resits: All maxed at 75
IIR: 190 (with flask on)

I saw some people taking Elemental Equilibrium, i guess they also use Herald of Ice, what do you think about this node? Also im planning on having atleast 900 free mana because of MoM, is it enough or would you recommend me to make room for some more mana?

Thanks!

About El. equil, haven't tested... but it's like one regret orb if it doesn't work out, or none since you should have enough respec points. Haven't tried herald of ice personally, but it's been getting good feedback from peers around this thread, so try it.

Also may I suggest following, get 300+es shield, and 150es helm, and just drop discipline all around. ;) Way better, I mean in general ES gear should do wonders for effective life pool. ;) Discipline is after all just ES. ;) I suggested dropping it from beginning after getting some good gear. I personally didn't in the guide, just cause I got shit self-found gear. heh

Have fun!

;)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
About the masters. Any kind of order for hideouts? im new in this expansion and i heard something about u can craft a weapon, enchant it, and use it till end game. Is there any wand for us to craft?
My take on it:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUARtftIOFzi4wFW-QitQRdxuNqNukkqhZvGmwEBx8CNsXYJKcIna6HZa-3MjQ6WFXGg9vsVSqNSRs22PFsrJgsnBBY6-64k1NSRZ2a4LEFuNCBr9o6KPrsOClPkFWnhBo4LdI62Ix2Tdhgbd3zgzidgBRN8B8Es6IAWfPAGlorKhMsp6PyhxlsFvxLJ-2sqpHOu-33MnKp9q54aUrE-OvqGGP9Bg4DxhRxCfa3PkGH-eiCxwxfHKfGrlOleyD-hxDM-JM1kti9_gr5vQagZIQ_J0rIbqq18trdj6ZEq1WughDfsIKb0f2nlA==
A simple comparison for those people who have trouble picking between GMP/LMP

GMP:

Pros

- Fantastic clear speed
- More damage overall

Cons

- Horrible mana cost
- Not as good as LMP for shot-gunning bosses(normally, 2 streams of flames will miss due to the aoe)
- Expensive for a gem
- Higher dex requirements

LMP:

Pros

- Decent mana cost for the AOE
- Fantastic DPS for shortgun
- You can use it really early cheaply

Cons:

- A slower clearing speed

As such, I would highly recommend people to use LMP for clearing content thereafter, switch to LMP for killing bosses.
I played this, then RIP'd at 69 on Beyond (Stupid random beyond packs)

Lots and lots and lots of fun. Cruel Dom was a little scary, everything else was VERY easy though, once I got flame totems. I just kept life on and tons of resists. I'd go for some of the more defensive nodes first.

Great first timer build though! It may be my go to for my first toon so I can build some currency and whatnot for every league from now on.

I had a four link going, Flame, LMP, Fire Pen, and then a swap for Faster Casting/Item Rarity
Level 69 in Beyond, doing 67 maps pretty easy.

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCPQNfBBYEMwRDxRNFLAWbxo4GmwfAh_HJKoo-ilPKhMreCu2LJwspy2LMjQ1kjbFNuk6WDrhQYdFnUbXTC1N41NSVcZXyVnzWitdxl8qYG1qQ20Zgh6Cm4LHgziD24dli4yMRpBVmuCdgJ2uogCj8qZXpwinhKyYr7e1BLc-uJPAGsBUxq7YJNi92t3bC93z4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47SDwH_JF-JP56P4K_o8=

Stats:

HP: 3800
Tooltip DPS: 1,645
Total Mana: 2508
Mana Reserved: 1375
Mana Regen per sec: 216
IIR: 321 (with flask and unique shield)
IIQ: 16

Im running Artic Armor level 14, also using Discipline to boost my mana regen. Will try GMP next, and take the Spell Damage nodes so my tooltip DPS should reach 2k+. Also i might change my cold/light res to one with 50+ HP, mana regen, resists and some IIR.

This builds works really great, as you can see my gear aint so expensive and im able to run 67 maps and host piety runs with no trouble.

I should be able to reach 4k HP, 2K+ Tooltip DPS, run artic armour high level (18 or higher) and have enough mana to sustain MoM while keeping Item Rarity over 300.
Last edited by JerryVoy on Sep 8, 2014, 10:23:17 PM
hey, love your build, used it as early as possible with a 4 link flametotem, GMP, faster casting, fire pen, just insane how stuff melts compared to my sword and shield multistrike reave char.

2 questions:

first of all, i know you told us to drop discipline, but i still need to ask this since i dont get how it should work. so you use discipline for ES and convert it to mana with eldrich batterie for high manapool for artic armor, clarity and mind over matter?

but discipline only gets me around 245 ES(mana) and takes up 45% of my 1000 mana? so it takes more than it gives. am i doing sth wrong or do i dont get the plan behind this in first place?

dont you guys feel super squishy? i dont have the cloak, if some mobs jump me ( frogs in solaris and battelfield), im so scared. resis are maxed, 3,2k hp with 850 armor and 470 evasion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info