[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

GoranH, i'd like to personally thank you.
Ever since I started your build, I've had nothing but strokes of luck EVERYWHERE.
Today, I thought, why the hell not? I'll just use these 2 chance orbs I've got lying around...

and... I'm speechless..

Spoiler
Last edited by eirstryder on Apr 7, 2014, 3:52:33 PM
Why no burning DMG nodes like Immolation?
Hello I am now maping with 2.6K Hp and I have found a great chest from one of the "Fully Link" Strong Box mod.

Here is my current gear (Which I use 24/7 MF)

Do you have any suggestions on my gear or maybe some better advice on my gems for my6l.
Last edited by Reloads on Apr 8, 2014, 12:40:03 AM
Since I reached level 70 I decided to post some feedback. Using the build with an MF setup and it's working well, Dominus on farm mode atm, seriously totems make this fight a joke as long as you have enough mana regen to spam them.

Gear

Thinking about getting quality gems right now but don't know if it's worth it. 3,3k hp, 77% all res and 1312 flame totem dps. Don't have enough dex to lvl GMP though.

"
shahmat1972 wrote:

Burning damage doesnt affect fire damage.
Last edited by dezerus on Apr 8, 2014, 7:39:31 PM
Perhaps he meant fire damage since Immolation is a fire damage node, and is quite easy to reach.

Anyway thanks for the build GoranH, i just began a char in ambush and i hope it's as fun as it seems !
"
eirstryder wrote:

Any tips for keeping totems up vs. stuff like voidbearers? they seem to rip through my totems easily. I could probably get a quality flame totem w/ the currency that I've accumulated but the 15-30% extra health doesn't seem like it would help and releveling would be a pain

EDIT: new wand : 500 tooltip DPS w/ GMP and rares are melting atm :D

finally have enough mana to sustain 2 GMP totems :v

One tip is place a totem on the oposite side, far enough to avoid dmg until it gets "attention" and close enough still to deal dmg. Or use knockback gem instead of fire pen, works even better with faster projectiles... or you can put totem up behind your totem, so second totem doesn't get dmg'd before first one dies... can use totem and minion el. res, but they are kinda meant to be spammed. ;)

P.S. Quality flame totem is worth it, try getting like ~14-15 one for 2-3c I believe, could maybe do it cheaper, can't recall for how much I did get mine.

Regards,
GoranH

"
Shazmo wrote:
Just wanted to give you a thumbs up for this guide. My templar is now level 50 and out of all the characters and all the different builds I have tried, this is by far my favorite and most fun to play. I have actually been using searing bond exclusively with a rejuvenation totem off and on to deal with the lack of health regen. Smooth sailing, hard hitting. What else could anybody possibly want? Well done mate.

I'm always glad to hear the positive feedback. It's my enjoyment to create simple builds that require little funds for those that want to try out/play, and just work. ;) And also teach 'em how to be more careful, observant.

Again, thx!
GoranH

"
eirstryder wrote:
Made it to merciless!

I'm taking heavy hits because I don't have much defense but my health pool is decent (2.3k) and totems are still ripping through mobs. Dominus went down in 10-15 seconds for each form roughly.

Gear:

Spoiler

Keep up the good work :) ,
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
eirstryder wrote:
GoranH, i'd like to personally thank you.
Ever since I started your build, I've had nothing but strokes of luck EVERYWHERE.
Today, I thought, why the hell not? I'll just use these 2 chance orbs I've got lying around...

and... I'm speechless..

Spoiler

Well, that's some luck right there. I've kinda been wanting one recently for one of toons in standard. I'll keep trying mys elf, wish me luck. ;) (not a lucky person in general) heh

Glad build and game itself is doing great for you, always very good to have fun. If you get a second one by chance (pun intended) I get a discount if it stays with you when you get on standard. XD

Anyhow, regards and have fun!
GoranH.

"
shahmat1972 wrote:

Burn dmg doesn't do much, fire dmg one the other hand. :) So immolation on lower side is good. :) but at first I believe you should get totem dmg like +8 and shamanic fury, later fire dmg nodes. ;) They are good, but kinda didn't focus too much myself on dmg side. ;)

Cheers,
GoranH.

"
Reloads wrote:
Hello I am now maping with 2.6K Hp and I have found a great chest from one of the "Fully Link" Strong Box mod.

Here is my current gear (Which I use 24/7 MF)

Do you have any suggestions on my gear or maybe some better advice on my gems for my6l.

Since it's ambush, not really. Maybe instead of Carrior hold gold ring (first one with little iir) maybe deodre's damning if soloing, for El. weakness + Flammability for unfair ammount of dmg. ;) Or enf/temp chains + dmg curse for best of both worlds. ;)

Have fun,
GoranH.

"
dezerus wrote:
Since I reached level 70 I decided to post some feedback. Using the build with an MF setup and it's working well, Dominus on farm mode atm, seriously totems make this fight a joke as long as you have enough mana regen to spam them.

Gear

Thinking about getting quality gems right now but don't know if it's worth it. 3,3k hp, 77% all res and 1312 flame totem dps. Don't have enough dex to lvl GMP though.

Since you're not very far into game, gems only lvl 16... I suggest you get ~q12-15 faster cast, gmp, iir.

Also try to link reduced duration on your lightning warp. ;)

Have fun,
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Ive got a question..
Wouldn't A wand, with Cast speed and Projectile speed be good? or doesnt it affect the flame totem's cast?
Great guide, really enjoying the build. If it weren't for this guide, I would no longer be playing this game. The framerate in groups for me is unplayable. I'm self found and play solo 99% of the time. Even with poor gear, most content is possible. Quick skill tree question. In the witch section, just under Lord of the Dead, how does taking the last 4% cast speed and then the next two 16% spell damage nodes sound. Its only 3 points and not out of the way at all. How does %spell damage compare to % increased totem damage?
Thank you again for this wonderful guide....well done sir.
Well I'm still like a month in to this game so I'm not experienced much but I'l try to give feedback. First of all, this is only my second char, my first one was a witch which failed badly. And this build, is really good IMO. Right now I'm level 71. I was able to solo pretty much everything. Until Dominus merc second form. But that was probably my fault because I didn't have chaos resistance so those miscreations just dominated me. But then after dying more than 10 times I found good positioning and eventually killed him. Maps so far are going good, not sure how long will I last with them. But if I was anymore experienced I bellieve everything would be a breeze with this build. And there's one thing, it's those witches in Ebony Barracks that are the worst, they just arc few times and suddenly your totems are gone, so they are really bad. Also cold damage is also bad. But still this build is awesome, and I'd like to thank you for putting so much time in to making this build. Here's my gear just in case:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info