[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

I have just completed merciless with this build on Standard (did not played for a while and just wanted to experience the new content).
I wanted a build that does not require godly gear and found this one and I am in love.
This is the gear I finished merciless with. (All of them were found by this character except the belt, I bought that one for 10c for the resists at the begining of Merciless)

"

If I played HC, I'd be dead 22 times... But I played recklessly and really went head on to any Vaal area I've found which wasn't a good idea sometimes (I actually managed to beat "Monsters take 75% less fire demage" area with only Flame Totem, which caused me some deaths. And don't even start with the gardens vaal area boss... I gave up on that one after 3 deaths)
But overall this is fun build that I'd recommend to anyone.
kiwi nation
"
sirdaxman wrote:

So far my totems melts anything alone even in map of 2 players, and the other player doing almost 0 dmg, he was hiding behind me almost all the time while i kill all and still killing all with easy. Alone they die way faster and im just using lmp+item rarity+fire pen and im not overlvl of the map, im sometimes underlvl cos my partner made me a lot of shortcuts with tp as he had more lvl than myself, so yeah this build is very good :D. Searing bond is op if u ask me, but i read that they sux a bit end game and flame totems are better. (still that searing bond+EE+frost trap is op)

Searing bond is very good still. It's just my personal preference. I really don't like the way it works, doesnt' suit my playstyle and I consider it inferior in terms of survivability to flame totems... but both have their pros and cons. With EE and something like Searing Bond I'm sure it's a beast. Anyhow...

"
sirdaxman wrote:

A few questions:
1. Using flammability atm, but im lvling elemenal weakness cos i read it might be better at end game and in parties, its it true? or should i just stick with flamm?

2. Creating a 4L with CODT with molten shell, enduring cry, inmortal call? or using lightning warp to move away? im scared of not being able to run away fast enough from danger.

3. Im considering the build, and im thinking about getting a bit more tanky myself, Unwavering stance+ironwood route is that bad efficienly? how about iron reflexes+totemic zeal+mind over matter+ thick skin route? (i read about iron reflexes being bad cos u want armor and evasion to survive at end game)

1. Yes, I said in the guide... level EL. weakness for parties, as not every spell caster is flame based. :) Not to be selfish. heh When solo flammability, when in groups (unless everyone is flame el. based)

2.I use CODT with Enduring and Immortal Call atm, as I don't have more links but I'd rather link Enfeeble as forth, and have a high lvl molten on manual cast. Or inc. Duration.

3. That route is decent enough, I just went other two routes as I felt you got more for the point invested. But there you get totem res, life nodes, fire dmg nodes... and unwavering. But so far haven't had any problem with stuns... CWDT setup helps. Chayula could be another option, rarity/attributes.

And on that passive tree, Iron Reflexes, MoM etc... is a no go for me. Too many wasted points, Cloak of Defiance is a better alternative if you got currency.

"
zassel wrote:
I´m planing to play it with flame totems, but aswell i take ice spear+ power charge on crit+ lmp
i did a test on the standard league, you will get power charges even when using ancestral bond...

I´m just not sure, if i´ll try it with your original tree or if i adapt to my variation...maybe its just a nice to have with the power charges and i just adapt to the original tree...i´m thinking about this for a few days now...maybe you can help me here...
greetz

Why not two flame totem setups, as flame totems attack faster... one for charges other for main dmg. :)

Also yeah take a look through the guide for guidelines and reference at passive point progression and such... and have fun!

You can always respec if something doesn't work out.

"
strongbong wrote:
I just found this baby, would you say its viable to end game? (lvl 85+) I wanna 5-link it but don't wanna waste fuses if ill replace it soon.

It's viable, assuming you can overcap your res a bit... it's great. :)
And be cautious about that mana pool... spells are devastating, as we have no spellblock, so even turn AA off if you're near heavy spell hitters if your mana can't handle it. Don't want getting low on it and just getting thunderstuck by the likes of piety.... otherwise, fun chest, plus that chaos dmg addition means you can tag certain bosses easier when farming, or generally help against fire res. mobs. Just don't get under 33% (I believe) mana mark. heh

"
Just thought I'd show you guys my gear in invasion with this build. I am liking it so far, first character to actually make it through merciless on invasion. Good dps and survivability, the only issue with it is sometimes the totems die really quickly and you have to keep recasting them however with a high mana regen this isn't too much of a problem and when I get a quality flame totem gem that will help alot as well. I am currently lvl 75.

How are you liking the granite? I'm yet to roll the iron skin suffix.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
Kujar3 wrote:
I have just completed merciless with this build on Standard (did not played for a while and just wanted to experience the new content).
I wanted a build that does not require godly gear and found this one and I am in love.
This is the gear I finished merciless with. (All of them were found by this character except the belt, I bought that one for 10c for the resists at the begining of Merciless)

"

If I played HC, I'd be dead 22 times... But I played recklessly and really went head on to any Vaal area I've found which wasn't a good idea sometimes (I actually managed to beat "Monsters take 75% less fire demage" area with only Flame Totem, which caused me some deaths. And don't even start with the gardens vaal area boss... I gave up on that one after 3 deaths)
But overall this is fun build that I'd recommend to anyone.

Thanks for sharing, always love reading your experiences... Yes, corrupted area's are nasty. :)
And 22 deaths in totals isn't bad at all. :) If there were no corrupted areas/bosses, I'm sure the death count even with recklessness could be count on one hand. :)

And thanks for your approval of it, appreciated. Glad you're having fun!
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 24, 2014, 8:27:03 AM
Do you really use Discipline? It always reserves more mana than it actually gives through Eldritch Battery. Also have you thought of using Determination or there's no point of it?
Yo! So I have tried out your build on Invasion, and it is pretty good so far. Just got into Act 2 on Merciless (I farmed Ledge like crazy) and am now lvl 61. I followed your passives, got Ironwood even though you said not to specc it, I use Arctic Armor since lvl ~48? (I overleveled it one time too much, but the regeneration is still good), I took the Molten Shell where you said we should take Flammability, and Molten Shell was imo the right thing to choose, it really saved me several times. I picked up a flammability gem later (I have used temporal chains until then, and it is a really good curse for this build, f.e. the big skeletons on the ledge - I put searing bond and a flame totem, casted temporal chains, and they were dead before they could hit the totems or me). One thing I have problems with were leapers, the goats on ledge are really damn annoying... I also took pretty heavy damage from them, but now I am going to get more life nodes at the witch area, which I am pretty happy about. Can't wait to get into maps, hopefully I will get that far. But I am positive :)

But I have two questions, the guy above me (Spydoc) also asked the question:
Do you really use Discipline with Eldritch Battery? It doesn't make sense for me as the mana you get out of it is less than you spend for it :) (But I also equipped it so I can sell it later on and didn't know what else to take)

And about the passive tree at 85 points (This one)
At the Witch area. Why do you choose the Lord of the Dead and 2x Cast Speed nodes? Totems are not minions, so imo it is a wasted Skill point. The Cast Speed nodes are okay. And as you said, this build is quite dependable on flasks, so why not take the 3 Flask Effect nodes instead of the Lord of the Dead and Cast Speed nodes? (Like this)

My gear so far (I just found that lovely shield, and I am going to use the boots later on when RNGesus gives me a 4-Link :D ):

I still need a better Helmet and belt.
"
Do you really use Discipline? It always reserves more mana than it actually gives through Eldritch Battery. Also have you thought of using Determination or there's no point of it?

Thing is you can buff up clarity/disc with something like Inner Force (or one in the upper shadow tree part)... regardless, main point is mana regen to sustain AA and totem casting (or spamming if needed). I don't see a point in running any Aura apart from Clarity and Disc... only others that are worth considering are Grace (evasion helps), and haste... but it's only slightly beneficial.

I'm not sure if at any point you'll be able to get a positive with disicpline where mana reserve is concerned (if you stack ES gear your won't) but point is, with levels you'll just increase your mana pool and regen, which is what matters. Atm as said if I recall correctly 800-ish mana pool and 200-ish mana regen if I recall correctly.
"
Toubsh wrote:
Yo! So I have tried out your build on Invasion, and it is pretty good so far.......

Yes, I believe I should change it to molten shell as well... for invasion sake, it's useful for manual cast sake, since we don't really have armor and it with granite + iron skin, is a goodie.

Leapers are nasty, I got my CWDT for those, as I'm not a very lucky guy... can get hit stunned by multiple rhoas etc., that's why I heavily focused on life and atm finished scion's circle... though I'll prolly respec later, into that shadow area for bit more dex.. life etc.

Discipline is not good to use from the get go, for me it was good only at level 14+ with clarity and reduced mana gem.

About lord of the dead and cast speed.... Well cast speed helps your dps, and Lord of the dead is... a stepping stone. You can do flask nodes, but I choose this way simply cause there you can for tree more poitns get 30~ish spell dmg and 4% more cast speed. But flask nodes are ok too, so far 2 insta heal 20q Hallowed flasks do the job.

Regards,
GoranH
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 24, 2014, 7:54:53 PM
I started using your guide and I love the play style. It allowed me to hit 70+ for the first time in HC.

This is my current passive tree. I want some general tips on where I can put my final points. Currently I have +166% life and my totem tooltip dps is at 1100. I can support level 14 AA with my current gear, but I can easily upgrade my ring and I should be able to support 16 AA.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsHYwj0FE0VIBZvGNsZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTymlKhMqTSynLOktHzGINZI2xTbpO-E_J0GHRZ1G10rITLNOKlXGVytZ81orW69dxmBtbRluqnNTdPF5A3qqgh6Cm4LHgziFMojxi3qLjI9GkFWa4J2Ana6iAKPypwinK6eEtQS18rc-uJPAGsBUwfPPZdDQ2CTa3dsL3Q3d8-Fz4vfjauQi6-7sOO0g8B_z3fno_go=

I know you said you did not like IR and MoM because it was too many points, but my physical damage reduction was only at 24% before IR and that worried me. Also i can get about +60% life in the next eight points through thick skin and the 4x 8% to the right of the duelist starting point.

I have 16 free respec points so I am not afraid to rework a few things. Just wanted to get another opinion.
Last edited by pickmike on Mar 25, 2014, 11:33:28 AM
"
pickmike wrote:
I started using your guide and I love the play style. It allowed me to hit 70+ for the first time in HC.

This is my current passive tree. I want some general tips on where I can put my final points. Currently I have +166% life and my totem tooltip dps is at 1100. I can support level 14 AA with my current gear, but I can easily upgrade my ring and I should be able to support 16 AA.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsHYwj0FE0VIBZvGNsZhRo4GmwfAiSqKPopTymlKhMqTSynLOktHzGINZI2xTbpO-E_J0GHRZ1G10rITLNOKlXGVytZ81orW69dxmBtbRluqnNTdPF5A3qqgh6Cm4LHgziFMojxi3qLjI9GkFWa4J2Ana6iAKPypwinK6eEtQS18rc-uJPAGsBUwfPPZdDQ2CTa3dsL3Q3d8-Fz4vfjauQi6-7sOO0g8B_z3fno_go=

I know you said you did not like IR and MoM because it was too many points, but my physical damage reduction was only at 24% before IR and that worried me. Also i can get about +60% life in the next eight points through thick skin and the 4x 8% to the right of the duelist starting point.

I have 16 free respec points so I am not afraid to rework a few things. Just wanted to get another opinion.

Going MoM route and IR is ok... For what to do next is concerned... Idk what's your current life, but I suggest at least 3 to 3.5k as a nice value (since you got MoM), try to have as close to 30% of your life reserve as mana to take on big hits. From now on... if you think you're life is fine, respec those Energy shield points you spent to get to witch nodes, and put them in fire dmg/cast speed/spell dmg. If you feel your dmg is ok, go thick skin and that 8% life node cluster. ;)

That's about it. Glad it's working out for you. :)
Many thanks for your great guide! I just arrived at act 2 merci @ Lvl 61 in invasion league.

I am relatively new to this game, it's just my 2nd character and for me it's incredible that I survived that long ;) Also, I didn't really have any trouble so far with your build.

Yesterday I discussed with a friend of mine when to start farming maps. In this discussion we compared our defense values. Now I am a bit worried... normally my totems get all the dmg, but we are afraid of me getting 1-hitted by some random blink or devourer boss.

My defense is basically HP only (2,4k) + capped res (-12% chaos), and of course the CWDT gems. My physical reduction is only 19% (after improving from 13% by upgrading gear yesterday ) and evasion just 10%, and I have no ES due to EB. I plan to get ~250 additional HP by changing the belt.

What do you think about survivability? Should this be fine in 2nd row? Or did I miss anything important in your build?

My gear:

Nevertheless, as I mentioned until now I felt comfortable, just got scared a little when I was asked what's my defense build ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info