[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
Ninurto wrote:
"
strongbong wrote:
I just found this baby, would you say its viable to end game? (lvl 85+) I wanna 5-link it but don't wanna waste fuses if ill replace it soon.

It needs confirmation, but if 'low mana' works like 'low life', then if you have more than 65% mana reserved (for example by auras) you will get the '100% spell damage taken when on low mana', which is... not very nice.

aha i see. my auras use roughly 45~ so im fine, but will have to keep my mana topped all the time which is annoying. Tested it for a piety run or two, the damage is about the same as when i have a rare 5-link armor with fire pen as 5th gem. So I imagine this unique with 5link would be totally crazy DPS
IGN: Bond_SearBond
Last edited by strongbong on Mar 21, 2014, 7:55:20 PM
Just thought I'd show you guys my gear in invasion with this build. I am liking it so far, first character to actually make it through merciless on invasion. Good dps and survivability, the only issue with it is sometimes the totems die really quickly and you have to keep recasting them however with a high mana regen this isn't too much of a problem and when I get a quality flame totem gem that will help alot as well. I am currently lvl 75.

And my passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAuMEswVbB2MI9BDMFE0WbxmFGjgabB8CJDwkqiepKPoqEyu2LJwspy0fMYg2xTbpQYdEq0WdRtdJG0lRSbJVrlXGWfNaK1ptXcZeXWBtZp5r220Zc1N5A3qqfll_xoIegseDOIdliPGLjIxGj0aPppBVmuCcLZ2Ana6iAKKjo_KnCKdcp4SnlK-3tQS3PriTwBrAVMHzxq7PZdDQ0f3YJNrd2wvd8-Fz42rkIuvu7SDwH_Pd-JP56PrS_go=
Ambush players using this build with a different variation. im still iffy on what my build should look like going into endgame.
I'm sorry for the stupid question, does Lord of The Dead works on totems? Do they get the extra Life / Damage ?
:]
As totems are not Minions Lord of the Dead does not work on them. It is good shortcut for other passives though and helps with optional Vaal Summon Skeletons.
What would be the best uniques to use with this build?
was just playing this build for the past few days. it's lots of fun. i just RIP'd to Shivershell. then i looked at the guide one more time and he is the first invader that is mentioned. god damn that is a bummer.

i think i'm going to make this build a second time.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
I just ripped my level 68 dual flame totem templar to Ossecati, my fault really for standing too near.

I plan to remake my Templar with this guide, but I noticed you did not take Iron Reflexes. How do you guys feel about the need for IR in Invasion league?
Back from my short lovely trip, let's get back to answering. :)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
strongbong wrote:
... currently lvl 77 been following guide more or less all the time, i'm loving the build still, and its nice and easy to run with Magic Find which i like. Trying hard to get a 5-link but for the moment 4-link is enough even though one of the gem is IIR.

I know the stats suck but magic find is awesome and everything is self-found except the wand, so cost me nothing and i'm finding lots of good stuffs

2900 Dps per totem with rarity gem, 3200 with faster casting. Cant wait for my 5L. Cya in a few lvls :-)

edit: 10 mins after this post i got a strongbox with fully linked items and this dropped rofl

I'm very glad to hear you're doing great... that dps on totems is pretty insane, with that 5L now you can push it even further. :)

And as always, keep having fun, and keep me updated!

"
Kentine25 wrote:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsMfRB_EMwRlhRNGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHaoelCSqKPopTyoTK7Yspy2DL2826TyOQYdFnUZxRtdKxFXGVi1XyVnzWitdxmBtb55wu3KpeGl6qn_Ggh6Cm4LHgwmDOIuMjEaPRpBVkyeXBprgm7WdgJ2uogCio6PypwinhKeUrD-sf6yqtAy1BLc-uJO748AawfPDOsSixp7GrspKz2XQ0NH92RPbC9xX3fPhc-GI42rkIuoY6rrr7uw47SDz3fau9tr3MviT-Ov56PsJ_ro=

this is my tree what you think ?

"
Catharsis wrote:
Small optional addition to this build that I found useful is trap+vaal fireball combo

This is a great combo for clearing packs of blues and can take down a big chunk of a bosses HP if placed correctly

also adding to my previous post:

This claw makes my totems virtually indestructible in large groups of enemies, +8 loh might not sound like a lot but when you consider the cast rate of the totems compounded with LMP or better yet GMP, the leech becomes very significant.

If anyone gets Cybil's in Invasion or Vaal Fireball whisp me when I'm online... I'm liking all the options to futher strengthen the build in the upcoming "Advanced Tips/Gem setups" section.

"
Level 47 into the build, it's very hard for me to keep my totems alive. Is there maybe some kind of item that helps with that? :(

You can try using something like frost wall, but key is more having enough mana pool/mana regen to be able to summon them fast enough (I atm can spam my 200 per cast totems indefinetely). So... it's EB + high mana regen... and some ES gear + discipline + clarity.

If you're aiming to run multiple aura's sure... thing is totems don't really benefit from auras apart from something like haste, so I still believe witch area approach is better, you can get inner force to buff clarity if ya wish. ;) or influence if you're heading more into shadow area, but otherwise no. But that's just my opinion. :) I love those witch dmg/mana/life nodes.

"
davewoody wrote:
Reached Act 3 Merciless on Invasion and reached level 67. Without AA but i guess it's time. Again.. awesome build can only recommend it.

PS: Well not sure how to get arctic armor running without getting oom. 40.8 Mana Regeneration. Will take a look later on this and trying to play without it atm.

You need to get that mana regen to upwards of 100 to start using AA, and to have effective stream of totems... because IMO Mana Regen > Totem Resist in most cases... both is best ofc.

Did you get 160% mana regen from the tree, disc + clarity + reduced mana and some ES or es hybrid gear, as that's kinda beneficial.

Try that! :)

"
Lyzzi wrote:
What's your opinion on Cloak of Defiance? Should be pretty nice with all the mana we get from EB

Cloak of Defiance is an amazing unique... with high enough mana regen it's certainly a good consideration, though it's not so cheap, few exalts I believe (2-3ex I think), but in general it has good ES base, regen and 40% MoM. Only downside except for the price, is rolling colours, getting 5L (though 4L is enough), and in very rare occasions if you run out of mana your AA shuts down, which can be scary if there's a projectile mayhem. Also most importantly MoM effect, you need to be very careful when taking dmg. Yes it will be the best option in taking one single burst of dmg, but with AA and high totem cost, you'll need to ballance it... not to overlvl AA, and totems I don't think will be the problem wonce your mana pool after reserve is 1k+
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info