Vaal Molten Shell

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:25:48 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:26:05 PM
Does anyone know if this skill goes off when you block an attack? It just says "For each hit you take". It doesn't specify taking damage, so I'm hoping it still synergies well with blocking like normal molten shell.
"
Fatbirds wrote:
Does anyone know if this skill goes off when you block an attack? It just says "For each hit you take". It doesn't specify taking damage, so I'm hoping it still synergies well with blocking like normal molten shell.

+1 i was wondering this myself, as im a block spec too. would be awesome if it did, allowing for synergy with tempest shield or just a flame block build in general.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
I assume you can use this AND normal molten shell at the same time?
The gem itself states that it takes 32 souls per use and can store 1 use. Mousing over the skill in the character panel says that it takes 48 and appears to count up 48. The tooltip from the gem itself seems to be incorrect.
"
Sarnas wrote:
The gem itself states that it takes 32 souls per use and can store 1 use. Mousing over the skill in the character panel says that it takes 48 and appears to count up 48. The tooltip from the gem itself seems to be incorrect.

50% increased cost in Cruel, 100% increased cost in Merciless.
Though the gems themselves really should say that.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Hey, about vaal molten shell. You guys at GGG might want to nerf it a bit.

I am using it on a lvl 46 full tank duelist currently in act 2 without any kind of bonus to fire dmg at all. I have it linked to a Increased Duration so it is aktive for 15 sec. in that 15 sec EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING die, normal packs, magic packs, bosses, it don't matter the dmg is insane and I can blow away a unique boss in 8-10 sec without using any other skill then vaal molten shell.

it's only weakness is mobs who moves a lot and run away each time you get close and reflection mobs (but this one kills you of REALY quick)

To be fair I have the gem in an item that incress the level of vaal gems by 2, but still it's kind of OP.

If if enter a vaal area and can get my gem ready to the boss and that boss don't run away all the time or deal heavy caos dmg that I can't tank, I can solo it without any kind of problems at all, it just blow the boss right to hell without any effort.

Sry for long post but well... nothing to do about it ;)
"
Pantolus wrote:
Hey, about vaal molten shell. You guys at GGG might want to nerf it a bit.

I am using it on a lvl 46 full tank duelist currently in act 2 without any kind of bonus to fire dmg at all. I have it linked to a Increased Duration so it is aktive for 15 sec. in that 15 sec EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING die, normal packs, magic packs, bosses, it don't matter the dmg is insane and I can blow away a unique boss in 8-10 sec without using any other skill then vaal molten shell.

I must disagree.

Molten Shell is an example of a well made Vaal Gem.
It feels like the kind of super powerful ability that we should have to work for by filling up a charge requirement.

Whereas most other skills are gimmicks or pointless AoE, this one has purpose.
It feels good to use, and can be sought after as a great component to existing Molten Shell builds.

Vaal gems should feel OP when you use them to compensate for the soul-collecting chore.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Vaal Molten Shell vs Mother of the Hive video. Vaal Molten Shell won xD

Nice skill, looks OP, but this is how Vaal skills should look like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info