[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

Firstly thanks for writing up this guide as I've been playing a year or so now and this is my first character that has actually managed to get to maps efficiently (currently lvl 79), I just had a question on the selection of end-game bows to use.

I got real lucky and managed to get a windripper drop with perfect 100% crit chance (my brain exploded from both the drop and the roll), mid rolls on other mods and I'm wondering whether I should try 5/6L it and use it or just sell it to buy the rest of the pieces of my gear, with Alpha's Howl being the next on the shopping list.

I'm currently using a 5L lioneye's so when I equip the windripper, my dps drops lower which is why I would like a second opinion :)
"
AntiWaniWan wrote:
Firstly thanks for writing up this guide as I've been playing a year or so now and this is my first character that has actually managed to get to maps efficiently (currently lvl 79), I just had a question on the selection of end-game bows to use.

I got real lucky and managed to get a windripper drop with perfect 100% crit chance (my brain exploded from both the drop and the roll), mid rolls on other mods and I'm wondering whether I should try 5/6L it and use it or just sell it to buy the rest of the pieces of my gear, with Alpha's Howl being the next on the shopping list.

I'm currently using a 5L lioneye's so when I equip the windripper, my dps drops lower which is why I would like a second opinion :)

what is your crit chance/crit dam before equipping windripper?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Spoiler
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
AntiWaniWan wrote:

"
Nephalim wrote:

I have 22% crit chance with 230% crit multiplier. There are a few nodes right by the paths I have taken on the passive tree that I can just pick up in the next few levels but obviously 80-90 is going to be much slower than 70-80
"
AntiWaniWan wrote:
Spoiler
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
AntiWaniWan wrote:

"
Nephalim wrote:

I have 22% crit chance with 230% crit multiplier. There are a few nodes right by the paths I have taken on the passive tree that I can just pick up in the next few levels but obviously 80-90 is going to be much slower than 70-80

as mentioned before you need 30/500 for ripper to really outdps a lions with 100% hit.
just in theory, i havent tried it myself.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 13, 2014, 2:50:30 PM
I'm lvl 72 and with new crap-rolled 10/85 ripper alrdy have 40/485 with REALLY crap jewelry and quiver. So 6-link split-arrow (crit dmg with no 0q, wed, ll, bm, fast attacks) in tabula rasa outputs 12.6k dps without frenzy charges ( around 13.3 with them or so). Poe builder says that lioneye's glare will deliver only 8.6k. So ripper >>>>> lioneye's even in dps, not to mention iir/iiq bonuses.
And i dont even have 6 multiplier passives for 90% and another 40% from gear upgrades.
Ofc tabula sucks because total hp pool is very low etc, but for fast lvling in catacombs its doing fine.
PS. and actually u need to be extremely lucky even to get windripper alone, or kaom's or voltaxic...
PS. switched faster attacks to chain, that much better now
Last edited by tntultra on Apr 15, 2014, 8:49:28 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkMfQzyDkgQfxGWFfAXLxmFGYoZ1RnXGmwajxzcHaokPCSqJLAnqSj6LYMvbzB8Mww2PTbpOdQ6WDyOPs9GcUlRUUdV1lfJWm1h4mTnb_JwUnC7cNV9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGHGYhrjX2Nv5Mnlwado52uoJ-hIqJApcunCKdcqn-quK_rtAy4k7vjvebAUcSixp7TftQj1QDWitkT4YjjauOE51TndOq66-70-Pba-WP60vsJ_Kv-uv_e

How to improve my build?

1) u rly need anger + wrath + haste in alpha's howl for dps.
2) lightning arrow without WED leaks it even more. so better use just split arrow + chain + wed + bm + life gain on hit in 5-link ( that gives around 500 insta heal and i actually DO NOT die versus reflect). even in 6link i would maybe use split arrow + increased crit dmg. but thats open for discussion
3) u can use purity of elements ( it gives around 50 allres) to just cap 77 resists and switch gloves for maligaros virtuosity.
4) what for do u have hatred? it scales from physical damage and u have pretty much none.

ps. i'm rly jelly about your jewelry though :)
Last edited by tntultra on Apr 17, 2014, 7:55:59 AM
Does a Tabula Rasa + Alpha's + Lionseye + Maligaro's make it up until late game when you can start doing high lvl maps and craft things and maybe get a Kaoms and a Voltaxic?

Just wanna know if your items are mandatory to make this build work.. :P
Last edited by returnofsnow on Apr 18, 2014, 1:13:59 AM
u can easily make 5-link bow in ~25fus (i spent 10 jews to make it 6-sockets and then tried to make it 6-link and every 17-25 i made it 5-link 4 times in a row...), so no need for tabula actually.
Last edited by tntultra on Apr 18, 2014, 1:28:00 AM
I know haha. It's just that I already have it on my mf CoC char.
So those should do it then? :P

Also, what should I get first DPS-wise? Alpha's or a Lioneyes?
Last edited by returnofsnow on Apr 18, 2014, 10:27:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info