1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

Agree ^. As someone mentioned before, people hate change, noobs hate change. They have no online builds they can follow now. Life is ruined.
we soon gonna get the goddam passives? im sitting here dont know what i should go, get the passive tree out allready.
IGN: Abnx
each time the reactions remind me more of amazon reviews
"
peilord wrote:
They are clearly wanting people to move on from the leech trend.

There are 3 ways that I can think of to avoid reflect:

1º Leech: VaalPact or life gained on hit

2º Defense: block/evasion, insane armor for phys users, AA, endurance charges & immortal call, purity, etc.

3º Damage that doesn't get reflected: traps/mines, totems, damage over time, minions, teammates (haha)

Is it really so imperative to have leech?

For a CI build.. Yes!
Most of you are just missing the point that I see ggg is making. They Don't want every just doing certain builds from everyone. Lots where doing the BoR builds cause they where incredibly overpowered. I like the fact they are changing things up an don't always use same builds. I think it keep the game interesting.
Designing builds around the fact that desync exists is a matter of skill? That's laughable.

Desync makes you look at build possibilities and say "Nope, can't do that, because I will desync like crazy every time I cyclone."

Its not a matter of skill or the level thereof. Its a matter of the game designers recognizing the limit of the connectivity of their client and specifically designing the skills and character options so that they don't expose a player to it.

Not linking Multistrike and Cyclone isn't skill. Its a recognition of a broken support mechanic and avoiding the results. Right now desync defines the major differences between HC and SC viable builds.

It really should not be that way. Maybe the vagaries of the internet and the connectivity issues of the client and host can't be fixed. If that's the case, design your skill gems more effectively to address these realities.

Don't design skill combos that the real world limitations cannot support. Or build in cheats that allow it to work. The point is you design around those limitations. Don't rely on your player base to scrap what appear to be viable combos and then somehow call that player "skill".

Yes, every game has desync problems. But when my internet connection is top notch and I am desyncing because I cycloned through an invisible hard point and it takes the game 10 seconds to figure out THAT'S NOT AN INTERNET FAILURE OR MY LACK OF SKILL. That's poor design.

BTW, love this game and will keep playing. Just won't play HC until this is resolved.
Last edited by Cragwell on Mar 4, 2014, 6:51:49 PM
builds ruined because of VP nerf? hmmmm, just reduce your dps, get more survivability so you won't one shot yourself then enjoy the game without oneshotting everything in your way, like many normal builds do...
I'm sure an hundred other people have said this, but "Fixed bugs in font keming" had me laughing for a long time.
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Lordemore wrote:
Who wants to play on Standard League anyway? It's your fault that you support Standard league

Who wants? Probably people that play on a, lets assume, average daily basis of 2...3 hours, and will need much more than 4 month to be able to reach an area level of 70+?! These players 'need' to continue in 'legacy' - this doesnt exclude to also experience the new leagues, but why to be forced to throw away half-done chars after they ended?

Well said. +1.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Gruentod wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Lordemore wrote:
Who wants to play on Standard League anyway? It's your fault that you support Standard league

Who wants? Probably people that play on a, lets assume, average daily basis of 2...3 hours, and will need much more than 4 month to be able to reach an area level of 70+?! These players 'need' to continue in 'legacy' - this doesnt exclude to also experience the new leagues, but why to be forced to throw away half-done chars after they ended?

Well said. +1.

I play 2-3 hours every night, a bit more on weekends, and it certainly would not take me 4 months to get to level 70+. What exactly are you doing with your time, running around the zone trying to find every last creature? Trying to craft OP stuff at low levels? Both of this is irrelevant until you get into the higher dificulties, and really, then you just have to make sure you have good enough gear you don't get facerolled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info