Just read the patch notes, but let me get this straight...

What is the problem ?

you will still be able to play your character as you did previously. You won't be in a NEW LEAGUE because its a NEW LEAGUE.

even if you didn't know about 4 month leagues when you started in domination it doesn't change anything, what you would have just started in standard? well your there now...

people are so entitled these days, like you think you get whatever you want just because you want it.
What difference would that have made? If instead the default was Standard, on February 23rd, they would be in the exact same position as they will be now.

edit: I was responding to the assertion that somehow the domination being default will be a problem
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 14, 2014, 12:09:20 PM
If you want a permanent league then continue playing standard.. if you want to play ladder then play in the new league.

If you want domination to become permanent then it would be no different from standard.. so might as well play standard.
There is literally no difference for a new player who started in whatever was the default choice at character creation. Had Standard been the default, they would be in Standard. I don't see the problem at all--it's not like Standard is implicitly bad, it just has the faults any year-old league would have; the economy is weird compared to the 4 months, but the solo game is almost exactly the same.
Isn't the whole point of a new league that you HAVE to start from scratch? Fresh economy?
D3 sucks
I generally read EVERYTHING when I start a new game. Seems odd some people wouldnt bother. I imagine those people had a blast trying to play text adventures.
HAIL SATAN!
"
snøwXz wrote:
To be fair, you have to take into account that the domination was selected as default league for any new player who signed up after domination started, without knowing anything about the game or the 4-month ladder system. RIOTTT ^,^

And if Standard was the default league choice would it be any different? They are both going to be in the same place now: Standard. It's not like you had an option to go to the next 4 month league 4 months early that you somehow got scammed out of.
"
tramshed wrote:
I generally read EVERYTHING when I start a new game. Seems odd some people wouldnt bother. I imagine those people had a blast trying to play text adventures.

You're weird. I normally plunge in, screw everything up for a while, then only after I decide the game is worth the time investment to "figure out properly" will I bother to read stuff. Most computer games are similar enough to at least one other game I've played before that I'm not going to have a major surprise, anyway.
"
sidtherat wrote:

and this 'default' stuff will backfire when lots and lots of post-release players realize what will happen in few weeks. they dont read forums, they dont mind some 'news' on the loading screen

old players made that choice with full understanding. new players (esp the 'casuals') probably just selected what was available and hit 'ok'.

this system worked nicely for open-beta phase but i think interesting times are ahead of us.

The players that didn't read to know they were choosing Domination won't notice that they have moved to standard. They will simple wonder why their stash tabs have changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info