What is 'YOLO' exactly?

Yoko Ono Loves Origami.
Being a grumpy old fart, I dislike acronyms in general, but especially the term YOLO.

You Only Live Once. I get the sentiment. Life is too short. Die young, leave a good looking corpse. I don't fear death and am prepared to be a risk taker. Break the laws because they were made by fascist hypocrites in the first place.

The phrase “You only live once” can be traced back to the 1800s with precursors in the 1700s. Early versions often used “we” instead of “you”. The influential comic Joe E. Lewis is credited with at least three different extended variants of the saying starting in the 1950s. The acronym YOLO and its pronunciation were pioneered by Drake.

When it is used in the context of playing a computer game, it has the exact opposite meaning. Even when applied to the "hardcore players". When playing a computer game you are by logical deduction, safe (exceptions go out to the those who happen to be playing in a war zone, you are the living embodiment of YOLO).

If you happen to be playing computer games in your parents house and think the term YOLO gives you some sort of hardcore cred, then you are mistaken.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Last edited by derbefrier on Feb 14, 2014, 11:44:46 AM
"Carpe Diem" for dumb people
It's supposed to be like Carpe Diem, but it's more of an excuse for imbeciles to do stupid shit and be complete douchebags.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Last edited by thelordrahl on Feb 14, 2014, 4:49:16 PM
YOLO TO THIS LIFE AND THE NEXT!

just kidding, dont ever bring this topic here please.

thank you!
I prefer YOYOLOO

Spoiler
(You only YOLO once)
IGN: EviiLe
Last edited by ImRight on Feb 15, 2014, 1:41:18 AM
"
ImRight wrote:
I prefer YOYOLOO

Spoiler
(You only YOLO once)

i prefer ooyl