[1.3] [Pony's] Cheap CI FlickerStrike Shadow - Physical to Lightning!

Could u post ur offense/defense stats?
"
Precordial wrote:

Something along these lines (varies a bit depending on IIR/IIQ load-out).
Spoiler

23k x 8.33APS = 190k DPS ish*
*this isn't a pissing comp, this thread is about a cheap/sustainable flicker build. There are a billion dudes running mirrored sets churning out WAY higher DPS than me
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
"
gfwatcher wrote:

thinking about that, I got a 20/20 blood rage (with Increased Duration and 5 frenzies).
Tested a map with reflection, couldn't make it, I mean, not even for a couple of minutes.
However, facing a Rare Mob with reflect, it's cool and much better. Not dying.

I think it's a waste of points going for Vaal Pact only to counter attack reflect.
If I'm doing really fine in all game challenges, but dying because of reflect, I can live with that. because I only have to skip maps with all mobs with reflect.

So I'm assuming you've not had to do all the passives down to VP? Spend must be much better through Crit areas. Would be interested to see your tree. Care to share it?
"
ep0nymous wrote:
"
Precordial wrote:

Something along these lines (varies a bit depending on IIR/IIQ load-out).
Spoiler

23k x 8.33APS = 190k DPS ish*
*this isn't a pissing comp, this thread is about a cheap/sustainable flicker build. There are a billion dudes running mirrored sets churning out WAY higher DPS than me

Thanks! With ur current ES is it sustainable? Or pretty much granite flasks are needed almost everytime?
"
Precordial wrote:

Thanks! With ur current ES is it sustainable? Or pretty much granite flasks are needed almost everytime?

If you plan on using Abyssus for any great length of time than there is really no difference between 2k ES and 10k ES. You are either alive or dead and seldom in between. My 3400ES w/ crown of eyes is plenty for now. Any good helm would do if you can move away from Abyssus end-game.

Yes hit flasks on pretty much every encounter. I have a hotkey to pop 4 pots at once and with surgeons plus Magnate recharges they're typically ready to be used again before the cooldown has ended.
"
ep0nymous wrote:
"
Precordial wrote:

If you plan on using Abyssus for any great length of time than there is really no difference between 2k ES and 10k ES. You are either alive or dead and seldom in between. My 3400ES w/ crown of eyes is plenty for now. Any good helm would do if you can move away from Abyssus end-game.

Yes hit flasks on pretty much every encounter. I have a hotkey to pop 4 pots at once and with surgeons plus Magnate recharges they're typically ready to be used again before the cooldown has ended.

And one is 1-2ex while the other is 30-40ex .. Gonna take awhile!
"
Precordial wrote:
"
ep0nymous wrote:
"
Precordial wrote:

And one is 1-2ex while the other is 30-40ex .. Gonna take awhile!

Get Abyssus and build your flicker to faceroll maps F_A_S_T. You'll get currency going real quick when you can clear a map in a few minutes. Just commit to a good saving scheme. I got my build more-or-less as described in the original post (cheap!) then did a week of grinding. Pretty soon I had sufficiently end-game gear (Crown of eyes etc). If you want it bad enough it'll come.
How are you getting your Frenzy charges to bypass the Flicker CD? sry still a bit new and trying to understand the whole frenzy thing.
"
ep0nymous wrote:

So I'm assuming you've not had to do all the passives down to VP? Spend must be much better through Crit areas. Would be interested to see your tree. Care to share it?

Yeah, I'm kinda far from VP and not willing to get it, leaving many points to spec.
Points that I invested on the Ranger tree, boosting my shield defenses and phys damage.

10% life leech from Blood rage is a must, Can't face a map with "reflect 18% of elemental damage" for example, but I'm not dying for Rare reflect mobs.

Right after the patch, due leech nerf, I was running out of mana, to counter that I went for high mana regen, 70% right now (Dream Fragments).

Current lvl 81.

by lvl 84, I will get Ondar's Guile.

gear

And I'm doing the same way as you, hitting flasks and flickering around, they refill so fast.
IGN: ShadowBeholder
Last edited by gfwatcher on Mar 25, 2014, 2:38:28 PM
"
lambofgodfn wrote:
How are you getting your Frenzy charges to bypass the Flicker CD? sry still a bit new and trying to understand the whole frenzy thing.

Blood Rage gives 1 Franzy per kill. You uses 1 Frenzy to bypass the Flicker cooldown.
But you kill so fast that you never run out of frenzies as long as there is mobs.
IGN: ShadowBeholder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info