www.grindinggear.com website... what? (Update: quick design uploaded)

"
DiNo29 wrote:
Not bad, same base idea but improved over imo.

Yeah I wanted to keep the same base idea as I didn´t want to do something completely different. Simple & Clean

This was just the first mockup though, so it would be great to get some feedback about changes & additional features so a second mockup can be made.
---------------------------------
Yuuki
Last edited by yuuki on Sep 16, 2011, 8:53:38 AM
yuuki, why don't make this even more simpler ? Just one (pretty) section. No staff, Contact Us, Careers. Extract most valuable information and drop rest. If GGG have no time to update staff section, juts drop it, maybe leave EST. number of people working there.

"We are GGG we do blah blah blah, we're from there and there you can contact us here and here, if you want to be underpaid developer in an small company then give as a call...." - that kind of stuff. Nice placeholder for true website that will come soon™. One simple and nice site would be better then bigger but not updated.

Just a thought :)
"
ep0k wrote:
yuuki, why don't make this even more simpler ? Just one (pretty) section. No staff, Contact Us, Careers. Extract most valuable information and drop rest. If GGG have no time to update staff section, juts drop it, maybe leave EST. number of people working there.

"We are GGG we do blah blah blah, we're from there and there you can contact us here and here, if you want to be underpaid developer in an small company then give as a call...." - that kind of stuff. Nice placeholder for true website that will come soon™. One simple and nice site would be better then bigger but not updated.

Just a thought :)

Ill see what I can do, am at work just now but will think it through, can be pretty difficult to make a site look nice without any navigation or anything.

New mockup will be 1 page, ill try and get it on tonight.
Yuuki
Well, yuuki, it looks like you won't be having time to work out any web-site improvements -- I see that you are about to be given a beta key!!

Congrats!
"
Ghostmage wrote:
Well, yuuki, it looks like you won't be having time to work out any web-site improvements -- I see that you are about to be given a beta key!!

Congrats!

I was shocked when i started getting PM´s saying grats! i was like WTF! I dont have a key + my screen still says Activate Beta, but then the timer had my name :P If I do have an extra key, I will give it to someone that I think deserves it and gives constructive feedback to the forums just like i have done from the start.

P.S: I didnt do the website stuff just in hoping to get a key, I will still do it because its what i like to do, and it will help out others.
Yuuki
Yeah, keep up the good work, yuuki!

...and if you do get an extra beta-key at some point, keep the rest of us in mind!

Have fun with the beta!!

~Cheers
I will do a free layout theme for poe or GGG company.

Here are some of my past designs, not the best... but i have a good idea for poe layout.

My deviant page Here

imp
"
kindland2009 wrote:
I will do a free layout theme for poe or GGG company.

Here are some of my past designs, not the best... but i have a good idea for poe layout.

My deviant page Here

They look nice, but they'd be a massive pain in the arse to code properly. Do you have any experience actually coding sites, or just designing templates?

The GGG website could do with a simple site based on WordPress though. The current one is, as others have mentioned pretty bad. Sure, it works, but it doesn't look anywhere near as professional as the PoE site does.

I'm currently working on this layout for a mod project I'm a member of:
http://jacques.corbytue.ch/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/template.png
aaaaa so thats "the" jonathan Lumin keeps pointing out/talking about ^^
#Eater Of Drakenoog´s#

Swedish Tavern - http://www.youtube.com/user/SwedishTavern

Work in progress
Is it wrong of me to say...please don't interrupt GGG developers, let them focus on the awesomeness that is PoE?
Last edited by Col on Sep 28, 2011, 3:47:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info