Bone Offering

"
Starxsword wrote:
This gem just cannot compare to Flesh Offering. Since they both consume corpses, you should use only one or the other.
It needs to somehow be different. The choice now is too obvious.

The number of corpsed consumed is not the issue, the real issue is about the Flesh and Bone Offering cannot coexist at the same time.
Either one of the buff can be activated only. Attempt to cast Flesh or Bone Offering after one another will just overiding each other's effect.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
nice defensive skill. i use it all the time on my summoner when there is heavy damage and minions are struggling to stay alive.

i have flesh offering as my default offering but bone offering is always on the switch ready to be used anytime.

tend to use it on these circumstances:

generic super hard maps that kill my minions
74 residence boss
78 crematorium boss
79 village ruin
poorjoy's asylum
77 volcano boss

and so on.

solid skill. now even better with heals on block. 4/5 rating. would be 5/5 if the block was higher. 35% at level 20 is decent but 50% would be more preferred.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 19, 2015, 4:38:13 PM
This skill should have cooldown equal to duration (or base duration for simplicity)
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Nov 20, 2015, 1:02:45 AM
Necromancer for the sake of block is probably too powerful right now
I have a question about the combination of Bone Offering with Mistress of Sacrifice and Necromatic Aegis.

Can a character who is neither dual-wielding nor wielding a shield (due to Necromantic Aegis) block?

I believe that there should be no real reason you couldn't, so long as something is providing the block chance (Bone Offering + Mistress of Sacrifice); as far as I know, your minions have no block (without other aid) before the Bone Offering buff and yet begin blocking after receiving it. I'm just double checking that this is coded the same for the player character.
Last edited by Khaos_Cosmogony on May 15, 2016, 12:01:36 PM
All entities function the same, yes.
Bone Offering grants base Block Chance - it does not use the keyword 'additional', nor any multiplier keyword: inc/red/more/less. As such, you always get the Block Chance, even if you had zero without.

Worth noting: when you have Necromantic Aegis, you are still wielding a Shield. You gain none of its modifiers, but you are holding it. Modifiers that trigger based on wielding a Shield still function; stuff like +Resists while holding a shield.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 15, 2016, 12:52:35 PM
x
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Last edited by Maceless on Nov 12, 2016, 1:14:42 PM
Dearest GGG,

It would be incredibly helpful if the status icon had a timer (for Mistress of Sacrifice Necromancers). Especially because of the variability of how many corpses it consumes, it's difficult to know when it will expire, meaning it either lapses or I have to tediously overcast it. A timer would be so helpful! Doesn't it look sad without one?

"
midtown wrote:
It would be incredibly helpful if the status icon had a timer (for Mistress of Sacrifice Necromancers). Especially because of the variability of how many corpses it consumes, it's difficult to know when it will expire, meaning it either lapses or I have to tediously overcast it. A timer would be so helpful! Doesn't it look sad without one?

GGG have previously said it is impossible to have a timer associated with a buff that is not also controlling the duration of it. Since the offerings have variable durations, some technical limitation means they cannot do that. (I assume the duration is a single, fixed value known to the client, not sent from the server, or something.)

So, while they may work on fixing this, it isn't an easy change, it is a "core server and client engine change" level thing, and so much harder than it seems like it should be. :(
A request -- could the volume of this skill be decreased? I tend to use headphones while playing PoE, and this skill (and Bone Barrier) are unpleasantly loud compared to other skills.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info