1.0.6b Patch Notes

"
gr00grams wrote:
"
"
KlaatuZu wrote:
Yeah, i'm also extremelly disapointed.

They usually deal with balance, but if this has to do with balance, GGG is killing a fly with a nuke.

It feels to me this is a Quality of Life Nerf.

Guess my DD build project is Terminated.

Well said, exactly my sentiments as well.

I think everyone is really blowing this out of proportion.

Either way, the gem has a max minion level of 68. With, or without this patch. All this corrects is being able to get those 68 minions early, or without leveling the gem.

The sky is not falling.

That said, it would be really cool if specters just leveled up, or down, to match the area the player is in. This would break absolutely nothing, would let players use the specters they like most, instead of those with highest level, and just be a major quality of life improvement.

I like Tentacle Miscreations. This means if I'm just farming, I have to run Dominus a few times right off the bat, because in phase 2 he summons the highest level versions. The ones from Lunaris are not equal level. It can take several runs before some appear.

No one is blowing this out of proportion.

This is a massive quality of life downgrade.
Thank you for this patch. Honestly this game and its staff has been really spot on with updates and game changes. Thanks for the great support, you guys run a great game. Cheers

- iDropDASoap
Detonate Dead templar, born 1.06, died prematurly in 1.06b at lvl 56 before using it...
Buying a Q20 Detonate,
Theorycraft this...
Lvling it...

for nothing.

I love to waste my times ...
"
gr00grams wrote:
The sky is not falling.

It isn't falling, and no one claimed it was.

The sky only went from its refreshingly bright blue back to cloudy grey so that you can't leave the house without searching for your umbrella for 15 minutes whenever you want to take a stroll outside.
Ah I see, this is all a ploy to up the market value of enlighten.

"
Mivo wrote:
"
gr00grams wrote:
The sky is not falling.

It isn't falling, and no one claimed it was.

The sky only went from its refreshingly bright blue back to cloudy grey so that you can't leave the house without searching for your umbrella for 15 minutes whenever you want to take a stroll outside.

Excellent analogy, Mivo.
That change is only bad for Corpse Explosion and Spectres right? Should still be fine for Zombies. Or did I somehow miss that those are Level-Dependend on the Corpses as well?
"
"
USANumber1 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.6b
  • Fixed a bug where corpses created by Desecrate weren't limited by the level requirement of the gem.

Why? Why make summoners an even greater inconvenience? Why...

Dumb devs.

The nerf has no rationale behind it, none what-so-ever. Back to making snapshotting take 15 minutes anytime a summoner d/cs or has to relog.

Stop snapshotting?

You realise summoning is designed based on the fact you can snapshot right?
I honestly don't understand all the complaints.

Is it really that difficult to level a gem to get added bonus. As it stood, you got the same bonus from a level 20 gem as you did from a level 1 gem (as far as Corpse level is concerned).

Now, we get rewarded for leveling our gems, as the game should be.

And just as a side note, you can increase the level of the gem with Empower and this will increase the Corpse level.
"
Kiffenn wrote:
You realise summoning is designed based on the fact you can snapshot right?

You realize, that you're probably wrong here right?
It's an unintended mechanic, an oversight, that benefits summoners most would be more accurate.

'Snapshot' wasn't even a term until the Kripp guy coined it in his video, where he also called them all exploits, and two of the three 'snapshot' exploits have thus far been fixed... right?

You think they design an incredibly powerful item, with a powerful penalty as balance, like Mont'regul so that snapshot can completely negate that malus? ... right?
Last edited by gr00grams on Feb 3, 2014, 9:47:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info