*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

Thanks for the thoughts! After a night of bloodshed/deaths/exp loss to the highest point. I have changed to your full build with 7 endurance charges + blood rage. Straying away from that full build was crazy. I'm ashamed I ever did! Those 7 full Endurance charges are insane when used correctly.

The new original build you have here is the best. Can face tank Double Dominus 78 now pretty successfully. If cycloning now, Life gain on hit+ Blood rage is quite good, but not necessary if you are smart going by your exact build.

Right now I can sustain Cyclone Hatred+Determination+Blood rage and hit a great point. Your build is awesome with that.
For the cold resistant guys now I'm doing HoA + Det+Bloodrage
With LGoH as necessary or swap for Added Fire/Quantity gem.

Thank you so much Mortezzah.
bowing out
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Oct 8, 2014, 1:10:09 AM
Can this build be used with any other kind of main skill? I hate reave so much.. Im kinda noob in this game so dont really know. Cyclone maybe? Help please :p
"
fuzzybearz wrote:

Thanks for the clearing my questions :)
Besides that I have two questions to ask about the Aegis Build (Probably gonna go this build):
1) Instead of running discipline, would it be viable to The Vertex Mask to gain evasion + energy shield.
a) Able to run other aura
b) Have 50% reduced mana cost of gems/+1 level to all gems
To do so > Need to get Iron Reflexes to use the evasion rating on the helmet

2) With the decrease in maximum elemental resistance in the new passive tree, would Palace Dominus be dangerous with his "hand of god" against the normal Aegis Build when there is -maximum resistance mod on it?

Yes, I sometimes swap to my Vertex when I don't need as much armor.

Disc would be about +100 ES vs Vertex + No Disc (so, roughly comparable).

Not wearing a good armor helm is like -10% armor, which is about what using Determination would add.

Would take about 7 nodes to get to Iron Reflexes... would have to give up a bit for it.

Bottom line -- I think it would be useful in certain situations (including coupling it with Disc to get even more ES). This is the Vertex I sometimes play with (I found it :)):

... I change chromes as needed based on my tests ;)
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
King0fEarth wrote:
Can this build be used with any other kind of main skill? I hate reave so much.. Im kinda noob in this game so dont really know. Cyclone maybe? Help please :p

It works well with Heavy Strike, Molten Strike, and Double Strike (depending on your goals). I've never been a big fan of Cyclone.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Sep 4, 2014, 9:14:39 PM
"
Mortezzah wrote:
"
King0fEarth wrote:

It works well with Heavy Strike, Molten Strike, and Double Strike (depending on your goals). I've never been a big fan of Cyclone.

I have already done this build before i quit the game, and i was getting a bit boring because i had so less dps that was annoying. Like what could i do to increase significatly my dps, but keep very tank? Maybe use a 6l instead of Kaom's and get the main skill on it? I really just want a bit more dps even if that means that im not that tanky.
"
Mortezzah wrote:
"
King0fEarth wrote:

The good points of Cyclone:
1. Can use Life Gain on Hit + Blood rage for great life restore.
2. Can single target attack bosses and monsters
3. Can avoid the 3 skill points to Unwavering Stance if you know how to use cyclone correctly. You cannot be stunned or knocked back while in cyclone, which makes it a huge advantage if that's what you want.
4. Can cyclone through mobs like whirling blades to escape situations.

Sustaining cyclone is tough. It was my mission for months to sustain cyclone with this build. My main problem was gearing, I had to do a lot of work to obtain high end gear with some crafts involved. Mainly because cyclone acts as a great boss killer with heavy strike. I can switch to cyclone as a single target attack, whirling blade out, and use heavy strike or back to cyclone. The downfall is DPS Gear is expensive. You will want to shoot for 6000 dps with blood rage + hatred can go to 8500 and over 10k with Atziri flask. So it is viable, and the only way to do it is with a 500 dps 1H sword. I've tried reave over and over, and it is great for mob kills but I find it no faster than cyclone with the limited sockets I have. It's really about the personal gameplay you desire. Cyclone downfall is it must use Blood Magic. For the tough guys Life Gain on Hit + blood rage may be necessary. It can be done.

But remember Cyclone causes desync 3x as much as other skills.

You can also set yourself up so you can swap between cyclone and reave.

I actually do use Reave still every other day.
Last edited by Grindrix on Sep 5, 2014, 7:33:40 PM
Currently, I am doing 8.8k DPS with Molten Strike with Hatred on (Switched from cyclone, slight change in equipment to remove the WED from my Rings/Belt dealing 5k tooltip dps)
This is my gear:
Spoiler

Occasionally I swap my helmet to Abysuss for the fun of it when I go into situations where I can become non-tanky: Dps Jumps from 8.8k > 11.5k, about 1/3 more dps but a lot less tanky.
Spoiler

My skill tree as a Scion:

In 77/78Map Parties, I literally do no dmg. My job is to pop boxes, vaal cycloning bosses in to disable them for a bit and distract bosses.

But the biggest plus is that since I used this build at the start of my level, I have never die to mobs. I only died to the Forbidden Taste Quatz Flask because I did not read the description (15% of maximum Life taken as Chaos Damage per Second for 5seconds).

Is there any way to radically increase my DPS without changing the spec too much? Everytime I try to do lvl77/78 bosses, I deal very low damage and it takes me sometime to kill them.

I tried killing Palace Dominus. Tanking him was not a problem for sometime, just that as the battle drags on, it increases the chance of me dying. And I deal almost no damage to him.

Note: I know I'm asking a stupid question haha this is a tank build. I'm just seeing if there is any viable option to switch to a higher dps variant for fun through equipment/skill swapping.
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Sep 5, 2014, 9:08:40 PM
Interesting to see the build from a scion start.

The big concern is cost here, to truly sustain a higher dps you'll need to switch a lot of gear.

WED is useless.

You'll want to aim for physical damage or IAS on gear. Also strength where you can find it.

Next is the soul taker, my own personal use of the soul taker led to less damage. To really do good dps you'll need to get hold of the carrion bite 548 pdps sword or similar. The sword really makes the build viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info