*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

So far every masters mission can be done. I have completed everyone I come across.
God damn, this build is so wasted on Standard! An unkillable character is so pointless on a league where everybody only cares about deeps. That Uber Atziri facetank is beyond amazing.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
Pitviper07 wrote:
At what point could an average gamer do regular Atziri with this build? I am trying to fund my way to doing Uber atziri but Legacy Koam's is a bit pricey. I can afford to get the Legacy Aegis and the I already have decent Rainbowstrides and Stone. Should I have enough points by lvl 80 to do regular atziri? I have a Maurader that is currently 77.
Thanks for any help you can give and for the amazing build. So looking forward to this one.

PS I just finished reading all 33 pages of this forum and was wondering if there is going to be an updated skill tree for the Evasion Safells build used to kill Uber?

Well, it depends on your skill level. High skilled players can do Atziri at lower level, but it will require successful dodging. Or, get more powerful, and tank it :) Normal atziri is doable with Aegis. However, Uber is too risky (statistically doable without dodging, just unlikely).

If I wanted to do more of a full-time evasion/dodge/block build I would do something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecD7gUtBbUQ8BK8EuEUIBRSFHUWbxcvGJEY2xo4GlUdviFgJKonLy3SMHEwfDH7M4c26DbpOkI62D38QKBGaUd-S3hPfVBHUUdRYFPfVElV1lb6Vw1YY1ivWNtZ818_YEthIWKsZKNk52VNZp5sjG5pcql07XTxd9d673zZfuJ_K3_jgFaApITZhO-LT4zPjb-QVZB0kc6ZK5uDnaqezZ8-oLSi6qSspzCnhKyqrK-vorTFu-28n72BvqfAGsLsxLjG2Mzb0iHUI9X41ordqONq45_kUeeu6NbrFOw47w7yL_Ja8wb2SPcy-tL7qg==

... I would I might tweak that a tad for Uber if it was having difficulty doing it (i.e. remove Inc Duration Nodes + End Charges... maybe minor others). I haven't test it again in 1.2, because I accomplished my goal of being able to do it before 1.2 :)
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Sep 3, 2014, 8:25:01 AM
"
Grindrix wrote:
Curious about Herald of Ash with this build.

Herald of Ash + Reave.

Let us know how that works.

I like HS more with HOA given the overkill ability and the harder hitting aspects. I'm slowly levelling up HOA as I do my master farming, but still prefer Hatred.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
Gusti_POE wrote:
Hi, best guide ever.
With the new tree taking the 2 mana nodes on the top instead of the 2 on the bottom will give 28% mana instead of 24% and an extra 10 int, with a loss of 20% regen that you dont need if have a 2% mana leech.
The extra 10 int will take you to 187 int, so you can save an extra skill point by not taking the int node hard knocks ending with 157, enough to run lvl 20 enfeeble and discipline.
Also I have a question if its posible to sacrifice 2 dps/nodes to get on top left the 4% reduced mana reserved and combined with a lvl 21 reduced mana, in order to get Herald of Ash and how much damage will you get adding the 3rd aura.
Also buying a corrupted +1 lvl Gem Rainbowstride + the lvl 21 reduced mana will let you add the 3rd aura without need of taking the reduced mana nodes for a good extra DPS :)
For last output dmg between Hatred(60% mana reserved) vs. Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice (50% mana reserved)
Again this is the best guide ever.
Txs for sharing.

Thanks, it is actually on my items to test if those 2 replacement int nodes will work in no regen and 1/2 regen maps, hitting unkillable mobs... I'll eventually get around to testing it and if it works i'll update the tree accordingly.

I tried playing around with tweaking a few nodes to get HOA as well, but never found a combo I liked or was better than Hatred (Hatred > HOA & HOI for me). Nice ideas overall :)
"
Marmeduke wrote:
Hey can you tell me how your new build fares at the master's missions? Thanks!

All are easily doable solo or in groups. I've tweaked my build solely for master farming right now (basically taking more speed nodes so I can whirling blades faster).
"
moozooh wrote:
God damn, this build is so wasted on Standard! An unkillable character is so pointless on a league where everybody only cares about deeps. That Uber Atziri facetank is beyond amazing.

It is just for fun.. once you get to 100 you just screw around anyway ;) I'm at a point now where I just like to screw around testing different things.. Uber was done with a changed build.. it was fun theorycrafting until I could do it.

Oh, and no build is immortal or unkillable... but some can get close in many situations to date.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Sep 2, 2014, 9:24:19 PM
I'm currently level 95 and my plan is to:
1) Able to facetank and afk in lvl78 mobs
2) Kill Courtyard and Palace bosses with reasonably hard mod
3) Kill normal atziri
4) Maybe YOLO and try Uber XD

Is it recommended that I go your Aegis Armour or Saffell's Frame Eva/dodge build?
Thanks!

I am assuming my calculations are right:
For Saffell's Frame Eva/dodge build: Assume evasion chance is 40% & No armour
Effective Damage from spells = (1-spell Dodge) x (1-Chance to block spells) = (1-0.3-0.16)x(1-0.75) = (0.54x0.25) = 13.5%

Effective Damage from melee attacks = (1-Attack dodge) x (1-Melee evasion chance) = (1-0.4) x ( 1-0.4) = 36%
Effective Damage from projectile attacks = (1-Attack dodge)x(1-Projectile evasion chance) = (1-0.4)x(1-0.8) = 12%

For Aegis Armour build Assume 50% damage reduction from armour
Effective Damage from spells = (1-Spell block chance) = (1-0.64) = 36%
Effective Damage from attacks both melee and projectile = (1-BLock chance) x (1-damage mitigation) = (1-0.75)(0.5) = 12.5%

Aegis > Has energy regen on block
Safferels > Has 5% more maximum elemental resist
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Sep 2, 2014, 9:27:15 PM
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
3) Kill normal atziri

Is it recommended that I go your Aegis Armour or Saffell's Frame Eva/dodge build?
Thanks!

Safell's doesn't AFK well unless certain conditions are met (like Atziri, where she uses projectiles primarily for the physical, and the rest is spell). Thus, under the conditions you posted, Aegis will fare better.

If you go for Safell's and then get 7 End Charges + increased buff duration nodes for 15 second IC's (and use spell echo on EC), then you can be 100% physical immune and tons of spell block/dodge, with high resists, etc. It is a very active build (aka annoying to have to continually maintain EC + IC), but can be strong too.
"
Mortezzah wrote:
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
3) Kill normal atziri

Thanks!

Safell's doesn't AFK well unless certain conditions are met (like Atziri, where she uses projectiles primarily for the physical, and the rest is spell). Thus, under the conditions you posted, Aegis will fare better.

If you go for Safell's and then get 7 End Charges + increased buff duration nodes for 15 second IC's (and use spell echo on EC), then you can be 100% physical immune and tons of spell block/dodge, with high resists, etc. It is a very active build (aka annoying to have to continually maintain EC + IC), but can be strong too.

Thanks for the clearing my questions :)
Besides that I have two questions to ask about the Aegis Build (Probably gonna go this build):
1) Instead of running discipline, would it be viable to The Vertex Mask to gain evasion + energy shield.
a) Able to run other aura
b) Have 50% reduced mana cost of gems/+1 level to all gems
To do so > Need to get Iron Reflexes to use the evasion rating on the helmet

2) With the decrease in maximum elemental resistance in the new passive tree, would Palace Dominus be dangerous with his "hand of god" against the normal Aegis Build when there is -maximum resistance mod on it?
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Sep 2, 2014, 9:40:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info