Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Does tempest snapshot? If so, does the rf bonus stays when it wear off?

it's tough to fix snapshotting without destroying other stuff.

p.e. spectres need it so that you arent forced to run 3x the same mob.
Snapshotting in the above example is perfectly fine with me.

but it also means free 5l after the snapshotting is over, and this is broken.

dont have a clue how you can keep one aspect of it without the other.
That's pretty broken. Righteous Fire + Redbeak + Crown of Thorns = free 170-190% more damage? You'd probably have to redo the snapshot after changing areas, but that's a small price to pay.

I have a Redbeak and a block-based Shadow character going by Pain Attunement. I'm tempted to take this for a spin.

Edit: Okay, Shadow using Level 1 Righteous Fire + Redbeak + Crown of Thorns on a level 6 Tempest Shield: 23-34 damage normally. 32-48 damage just with Righteous Fire. 84-124 damage when on Low Life with RF. Which is odd, since that's a 265% increase, not 170% as expected.

Then I went to see if the snapshot thing worked. To get a control sample, I let some Assault Ribbons beat on me in Act 3 Normal. Tempest shield was dealing about 15-20% of one's life per hit prior to using a snapshot.

To do the snapshot, I activate Righteous Fire, wait until I hit low life status, then activate Tempest Shield. Once I reach 1 HP and RF stops, I potion to full life and switch Redbeak for my normal weapon. That's the correct procedure, right?

If my damage was at 2.6x normal, I should have been dealing around half of a ribbon's life per hit. However, there was no noticeable damage difference when I went back to test it. I tried doing the snapshot several times, all with no result, which leads me to believe that snapshotting does not work for Tempest Shield. Does anybody have evidence that this actually works?

Edit: In further evidence against snapshotting, if I let the ribbons get me down to low life, TS starts dealing about half their life without needing to be recast. It seems like its damage is not locked in upon casting.
Last edited by Zadmeir on Feb 1, 2014, 3:34:18 PM
"
Zadmeir wrote:
That's pretty broken. Righteous Fire + Redbeak + Crown of Thorns = free 170-190% more damage? You'd probably have to redo the snapshot after changing areas, but that's a small price to pay.

I have a Redbeak and a block-based Shadow character going by Pain Attunement. I'm tempted to take this for a spin.

Edit: Okay, Shadow using Level 1 Righteous Fire + Redbeak + Crown of Thorns on a level 6 Tempest Shield: 23-34 damage normally. 32-48 damage just with Righteous Fire. 84-124 damage when on Low Life with RF. Which is odd, since that's a 265% increase, not 170% as expected.

Then I went to see if the snapshot thing worked. To get a control sample, I let some Assault Ribbons beat on me in Act 3 Normal. Tempest shield was dealing about 15-20% of one's life per hit prior to using a snapshot.

To do the snapshot, I activate Righteous Fire, wait until I hit low life status, then activate Tempest Shield. Once I reach 1 HP and RF stops, I potion to full life and switch Redbeak for my normal weapon. That's the correct procedure, right?

If my damage was at 2.6x normal, I should have been dealing around half of a ribbon's life per hit. However, there was no noticeable damage difference when I went back to test it. I tried doing the snapshot several times, all with no result, which leads me to believe that snapshotting does not work for Tempest Shield. Does anybody have evidence that this actually works?

rf is more multiplier
redbeak is increased.

the way you calculate damage:

base damage*(all increased modifiers (skill, passives, str, whatever)*(more modifier 1)*(more modifier 2)*...*(more modfier n)

so assuming a 100base damage fire ball:
lets say you have a 60% spell damage wand
40% spell damage passives
20% fire damage passives
10% elemental passives
redbeak
RF lvl 1
pain attunment

it goes like:

100*(1+0,6+0,4+0,2+0,1+1)*(1+0,4)*(1+0,3) =100*3,3*1,4*1,3

about your edit and TS:
tempest shield doesnt snapshot in my knowledge
Last edited by shroudb on Feb 1, 2014, 3:36:15 PM
Right, the Redbeak gives increased, not more. So it should be ((23x2)x1.7)-((34x2)x1.7) damage. 78.2-115.6 damage, and that's not right. Changing the 2 to 2.15 gives about the right numbers, so it seems like I have an extra 15% increased damage on low life coming from an unknown source. Odd.

Anyway, I edited my post above and it appears that snapshotting doesn't work for tempest shield.
"
Zadmeir wrote:
Right, the Redbeak gives increased, not more. So it should be ((23x2)x1.7)-((34x2)x1.7) damage. 78.2-115.6 damage, and that's not right. Changing the 2 to 2.15 gives about the right numbers, so it seems like I have an extra 15% increased damage on low life coming from an unknown source. Odd.

Anyway, I edited my post above and it appears that snapshotting doesn't work for tempest shield.

add ALL increased modifiers, not just the new ones.

so, add your passives too, or jewelry, or elemental damage and etc. and multiply with the BASE (the one written on the gem, not the one written in the tooltip) damage.

also, pain attunment is ALSO MORE multiplier.
Last edited by shroudb on Feb 1, 2014, 3:50:45 PM
"
shroudb wrote:
"
Zadmeir wrote:

so, add your passives too, or jewelry, or elemental damage and etc. and multiply with the BASE (the one written on the gem, not the one written in the tooltip) damage.

Sorry, I meant to add that I don't have any passives or any other equipment that would be increasing the damage. Only the 100% increased from redbeak, the 40% more from RF, and the 30% more from PA. The guy I was testing it on was a Viper Strike shadow, so he had no elemental or spell damage passives, and I double checked the rings and amulets to make sure they didn't have +% lightning damage or spell damage.

Edit: To be sure, I removed all equipment except the shield and the Redbeak with Righteous Fire and Tempest Shield socketed. Still 84-124. And no spell or elemental damage in my passives:
Spoiler
* Acrobatics: 30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield
* Ondar's Guile: Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
* Pain Attunement: 30% more Spell Damage when on Low Life
* Phase Acrobatics: 30% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
+210 to Dexterity
+70 to Intelligence
+60 to Strength
+16 to maximum Life
+16 to maximum Mana
16% additional Chance to Block with Shields
10% additional chance to Dodge Attacks
18% increased Attack Speed
41% increased Chaos Damage
45% increased Damage over Time
20% increased Defences from equipped Shield
96% increased maximum Life
+3% to Chaos Resistance
+15% to Cold Resistance
+15% to Lightning Resistance
+6% to all Elemental Resistances

I guess it's just a rounding error, even though 6-9 damage sounds like too big of a difference.
Last edited by Zadmeir on Feb 1, 2014, 4:05:20 PM
"
Zadmeir wrote:
"
shroudb wrote:
"
Zadmeir wrote:

Sorry, I meant to add that I don't have any passives or any other equipment that would be increasing the damage. Only the 100% increased from redbeak, the 40% more from RF, and the 30% more from PA. The guy I was testing it on was a Viper Strike shadow, so he had no elemental or spell damage passives, and I double checked the rings and amulets to make sure they didn't have +% lightning damage or spell damage.

Edit: To be sure, I removed all equipment except the shield and the Redbeak with Righteous Fire and Tempest Shield socketed. Still 84-124. And no spell or elemental damage in my passives:
Spoiler
* Acrobatics: 30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield
* Ondar's Guile: Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
* Pain Attunement: 30% more Spell Damage when on Low Life
* Phase Acrobatics: 30% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
+210 to Dexterity
+70 to Intelligence
+60 to Strength
+16 to maximum Life
+16 to maximum Mana
16% additional Chance to Block with Shields
10% additional chance to Dodge Attacks
18% increased Attack Speed
41% increased Chaos Damage
45% increased Damage over Time
20% increased Defences from equipped Shield
96% increased maximum Life
+3% to Chaos Resistance
+15% to Cold Resistance
+15% to Lightning Resistance
+6% to all Elemental Resistances

I guess it's just a rounding error, even though 6-9 damage sounds like too big of a difference.

read my 1st post gain.

you dont add more multipliers toghether.

you multiply with each.

so

23*2*1,4*1,3= 83,72 (84)
34*2*1,4*1,3=123,76(124)

or 84-124
Tested with

then switched to

and i was not getting life on spell hit

but maybe its just that Life on spell hit is character instead of spell
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Are you sure you snapshot INSIDE the zone you're testing? If it doesn't snapshot, it's very strange behaviour, and one of VERY few exceptions (RF self-degen damage being one of them).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
To my knowledge, Tempest Shield is working the exact same way RF is so it should snapshot. There is actually no dynamic buff (wich tempest shield is) in the game so it should remain the same as the moment it been cast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info