[1.1.4] 5 aura EB AA Piscator's burning power siphon dps 60k by Donaldgo (video)

Following this build with a few tweeks in invasion. Just respecced from explosive trap to wander at lvl69, gotta say I'm pretty disapointed.

On the plus side my single target dps with 7 power charges up is great. On the other hand if I don't manage to keep it up I'm stuck with 69% chance to hit 55% chance to crit. running a 5l so can't afford lmp. might end up removing life leech instead but you know, invasion n stuff.

I guess I'm being a bit nasty here comparing clear speed with explosive trap which has by far so far been the most powerfull build I've used to date. Still, I hate builds that doesen't start working until lvl70 and if they then don't work really well I get grumpy.

I'd love some suggestions on how to recover from this, I'm one point away from fusilage which will surely help a bit but still.

running anger+wrath+grace atm and since my new wand didn't have mana reg my AA doesen't work any more..

love some general thoughts about this phase of the build and gear improvements (some are pretty obvious I guess but still):

probably skipping the life leech and otherwise going with your 6l setup in a desperate attempt to keep clear speed up. that or buy a lot of regrets and try to get back into my comfortable trapper again.

In crip's variant of this build he had a 20% quality increased accuracy gem, might be worth it too if I can somehow get my hands on one.

I'm guessing this build scales better late game and I appriciate the build, just a bit frustrated atm.
Last edited by Joo on Mar 27, 2014, 10:55:13 AM
"
dronout wrote:
Hi, man!
My build is close to your (also ele. wander started from witch).
After switch on PS + wrath and anger I was shocked from DPS. ATM I 74 lvl.

Since i get this wand

I'd like to know your opinion and thoughts, as you have experience on end-game.
What is the better to highly increase ele. DPS - catch on rings and amulet:
ADDED ele. fire/lighting dmg
or
% increase ele. dmg with weapons? (together they make godly increase and this items cost a lot)

Thanks.

This wand is not bad. My thought is to build a easy way to get higher survival and higher dps from normal gear.

If you wand to update your weapon. How to choose wand? Cri change > aps > Cri multip = increased weaon elemental dmg = accuracy rating > elemental damage. Because all elemental damage almost comes from aura.

The choice of trinket is: Mana regeneration > Weapon elemental = cri multip. > Life > accuracy > resisit.

Hope it will helpful.
Last edited by Donaldgo on Mar 27, 2014, 8:16:46 PM
"
kingjojon wrote:
do you think this build viable for shadow?
my shadow is currently at lv 75, coc barrage wander. i was looking for good templar build for my 1st inva char but suddenly i see this build and i have to say this build is quite interesting. im in love with every wander build, but mostly every wander build is costly. so far im using LeMing coc barrage ek build, its cheap and the passives is a bit similar with ur build. is it possible for you to make a skill tree from shadow? im quite new in the game so im still not used to making my own skill tree

my current skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVT_-THhrSGdbRKlu1SG17VUuMNlBCJpWiLg5InapirNadXfJw1XBSwFHjhGND8-oRlp2j_Kte-o_6cLvZEy9v7BinXElRJDxabX_GHNyTJ9xXHpSsP21sUzWbtcM6Vi2sf97lGYr7CfbaGo8tg5cGxKIF-RXwOlgEfocZ51Qk_fljGtvuDlb6_MVnoId2Sn3dDVuv0O73o2J5FfYABnRBd9d_K9aKI_bv8FpIMHxRR6q4

If you want to go down the passive tree. Actually, its viable to switch to "Frenzy elemental wand build". Its also interesting!

This is the passive tree suggestion:

And I also give a picture with my same gear (using Frenzy + LMP + WED + LL + ICD + PCoC)
But the mana requirement is huge. Because I have 300+/secs mana regeneration. So I can overcome this problem with using AA at the same time. you can see the dps is not bad with only 3 frenzy charge.

This is dps picture:
Spoiler

Of course, you can also make a similar build as my templar build with power siphon.
"
Joo wrote:
Following this build with a few tweeks in invasion. Just respecced from explosive trap to wander at lvl69, gotta say I'm pretty disapointed.

On the plus side my single target dps with 7 power charges up is great. On the other hand if I don't manage to keep it up I'm stuck with 69% chance to hit 55% chance to crit. running a 5l so can't afford lmp. might end up removing life leech instead but you know, invasion n stuff.

I guess I'm being a bit nasty here comparing clear speed with explosive trap which has by far so far been the most powerfull build I've used to date. Still, I hate builds that doesen't start working until lvl70 and if they then don't work really well I get grumpy.

I'd love some suggestions on how to recover from this, I'm one point away from fusilage which will surely help a bit but still.

running anger+wrath+grace atm and since my new wand didn't have mana reg my AA doesen't work any more..

love some general thoughts about this phase of the build and gear improvements (some are pretty obvious I guess but still):

probably skipping the life leech and otherwise going with your 6l setup in a desperate attempt to keep clear speed up. that or buy a lot of regrets and try to get back into my comfortable trapper again.

In crip's variant of this build he had a 20% quality increased accuracy gem, might be worth it too if I can somehow get my hands on one.

I'm guessing this build scales better late game and I appriciate the build, just a bit frustrated atm.

You really have mana problem now. So you cannot fire Power siphon smoothly. I had said in my thread. Mana regeneration and man pool are very important. I don't see any mana regeneration from your trinket. But you can resolve it by 2 way: (1) shift grace to discipline (2) use BM gem temporarily (BM + LL + WED + PS + LMP).

I can tell you the powerful of my build is based on aura. It is relative not gear dependence. But it still necessary to choose correct gear to achieve the concept of this build. I had just replied how to choose weapon and trinket. You can read it.
Yea my bad, I'm running clarity not grace as wander, I miss grace I guess. my neck looked like
and just got this one

can run a lower level AA on that at least I suppose.

as I explained though my issues where mostly: slower clear speed, hard to kill bosses without power charges is a pain.

the changes I made to my play to make it semi-work: lmp become increased accuracy, projectile weakness really important, buy more mana reg gear to run AA. that I need 5 dps links and still can't afford to add in life leech is going to be very dangerous progressing past city of saarn though.
"
Donaldgo wrote:
"
kingjojon wrote:
do you think this build viable for shadow?
my shadow is currently at lv 75, coc barrage wander. i was looking for good templar build for my 1st inva char but suddenly i see this build and i have to say this build is quite interesting. im in love with every wander build, but mostly every wander build is costly. so far im using LeMing coc barrage ek build, its cheap and the passives is a bit similar with ur build. is it possible for you to make a skill tree from shadow? im quite new in the game so im still not used to making my own skill tree

my current skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVT_-THhrSGdbRKlu1SG17VUuMNlBCJpWiLg5InapirNadXfJw1XBSwFHjhGND8-oRlp2j_Kte-o_6cLvZEy9v7BinXElRJDxabX_GHNyTJ9xXHpSsP21sUzWbtcM6Vi2sf97lGYr7CfbaGo8tg5cGxKIF-RXwOlgEfocZ51Qk_fljGtvuDlb6_MVnoId2Sn3dDVuv0O73o2J5FfYABnRBd9d_K9aKI_bv8FpIMHxRR6q4

If you want to go down the passive tree. Actually, its viable to switch to "Frenzy elemental wand build". Its also interesting!

This is the passive tree suggestion:

And I also give a picture with my same gear (using Frenzy + LMP + WED + LL + ICD + PCoC)
But the mana requirement is huge. Because I have 300+/secs mana regeneration. So I can overcome this problem with using AA at the same time. you can see the dps is not bad with only 3 frenzy charge.

This is dps picture:
Spoiler

Of course, you can also make a similar build as my templar build with power siphon.

well actually i was using frenzy elemental wander before i respect a bit points to go coc barrage. both are super fun for me, but still ur templar element PS makes me wanna respect again to ur build lol. now im still trying to make ur build from shadow via poebuilder. should i really take fusillate?
Fusillade is very important!!!!!

Update!!

Add new video:

[1.1.1] Test for Three Dragon Mask, Bereks Grip Ring, Vaal PS with GMP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-TJcs4YuUw&feature=em-upload_owner
PS + FA + LMP + WED + EP + ICD: dps around 25k

<Hint>
(1) With Bereks Grip ring, LL gem is not necessary anymore
(2) Dragon Mask make lightning to freeze, and fire to shock. It is perfect to put Bereks and Mask together
(3) Although Ignite status isn't presented anymore. Single play efficiency is decreased. But that doesn't influence in team play because of Haterd Aura from your mates. And you can see all mobs freeze and its much safe!!
Interesting build, however I still think physical wander is better, even for people with no access to good gear.

Reasons:
1) The only way ele wonder can leech is through LL gem. And Berek's Grip with the lowest price of 8ex on Standard as of right now (a.k.a not accessible to players not running MF builds all the time). Phys wonder doesn't need that, he gets permanent Blood Rage leech + leech from gear if you desire. Same goes for manaleech, although your variant can regen it with EB instead. So phys wander has always 1 socket more for increasing his damage.
Phys wander can play with 4L, ele wander - not so much, you need proliferation and life leech along with LMP, which leaves no sockets for damage.
2) Phys wander gets hundreds % of damage increasing nodes, around 3-4 times more than what ele wander gets.
3) You still do elemental damage as phys wander - there are nodes which add ele damage based on your phys damage, and you still use damage auras, just not as effectively as ele wander, the biggest boost is of course Hatred. Plus he can use Added Fire damage gem, ele wander can't.
4) Permanent Blood Rage - free frenzy charges all the time.
5) Power Siphon does not scale ele damage at all = its scaling is completely useless for ele wander, but immensely useful for phys wander
6) Phys wander receives huge damage upgrade when getting new wand. Ele wander - only a small amount, as most of your damage comes from auras. After you max the gems, not much room for improvement.
7) LMP without chain, especially with pierce, good luck with reflect, better to carry those elemental flasks. Phys wander uses chain = smaller hits which can be dealt with by drinking Granite.
8) Chain = much faster clearing than just LMP. Chain can kill 5-6 enemies in one cast, just LMP - 3 max. Chain distributes damage between many enemies much better.

So basically phys wander will always outdamage ele wander in any situation, having slightly less survivability due to lack of AA.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Mar 30, 2014, 8:10:49 PM
I just started a Templar to try this build out. Very interested to see how it works. I love the idea of a heavy armor shield bearing caster. Reminds me of a battle mage of an older game I used to play.

Is there a physical wander build for templar too?

All else fails if I don't do well with this I'll probably respect to the incinerate totems build, but I like the looks of this much better.
...brings back fond D2 LoD memories...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info