1.0.5b Patch Notes

Balances are more like:

If your powerful build can't boil down to MASSIVE GRINDING TIME, expect it to be nerfed.

You gotta use some super high end items to be that powerful. Cleverness and creativity? No.
You won't have my gear.
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.5b
  • The Cast On Death Support Gem no longer supports minion skills.

:'( it was fun while it lasted.... so much fun.
"
KissTheBlade wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:
"
KissTheBlade wrote:
its not about balancing mana , skills like cyclone cost too much mana to support after 2 auras scrub

Cyclone dps with a soultaker is tickle dps. I see them all the time in 6 man 78 maps tickling white mobs for 20 second to kill one. Must be that build you copied :)

you know you can go dual wield , you dolt?

even with a block build 70+ block u can reach 20+ k dps

which is more than what ur summoner is doin bro

dats just pure fact in ur face

hahahah 20k dps hahhahahhahaa

tickle dps.
:)
[/quote]

hahahah 20k dps hahhahahhahaa

tickle dps. [/quote]

more than ur summoner bro

20k dps can still clear through mobs and run circles around ur 95
"
happybirthday wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:
"
happybirthday wrote:
Cast on death working with remote mine was obviously a bug, but I don't see why going into a demon mod map and suicide summoning spectres would be considered a broken mechanic? Can someone explain why the gem and summoners were outright kicked in the teeth? We were only strong in relation to other builds when using the CoD + remote mine exploit.

Summoners are decent at the moment but they obviously aren't as strong as other builds at high end because summoners don't scale as well. Nerfing CoD without giving summoners anything in return is a bad move and I don't see the rationale for nerfing a build that is arguable more tedious to play when no longer giving any reward for it?

Hopefully the 1.06 summoner changes (buffs, I hope?) resolve these issues because snapshotting is real annoying and if they did remove it and compensated summoners in some way, I'd be happy with these design decisions.

Finally someone who gets it. Im going to go ahead and assume you don't use soultaker.

I don't know what you mean? Practically everyone who plays summoners knows these things. Summoners don't scale off gear, instead they derive their strengths from summoner mechanics. In exchange for relying more so on mechanics than gear, they obviously scale poorly into the endgame. It's not a big secret, one trade off for another; I think pretty much everyone knows this, especially the developers.

There are a lot of drawbacks to playing summoner, the biggest: needing to waste time snapshotting - not just once, every time a minion dies. While summoners technically can probably clear every single map at a snails pace in mediocre gear, giving a summoner better gear won't increase clear speed much because summoners have a glass ceiling due to their mechanics. Nerfing summoner mechanics is severely gimping the build, a build that already had a lot of drawbacks to it's playstyle and now no longer has a reward for it.

Again, it's just bad design decision unless there is something to compensate in 1.06.

Another thing, I still don't get why CoD should not work on minions at all? Why would dying to summon minions be considered problematic from the standpoint of balance? It doesn't even give summoners an advantage over builds since we'd have to take a 10% xp hit just to get decent spectres.

This is the most useful and informative post in this thread. I'm not sure why CoD should not work on minions in SC. My only gripe ever was their interaction wit traps/mines. Hopefully though that means they have something else in the works.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
happybirthday wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:
"
happybirthday wrote:
Cast on death working with remote mine was obviously a bug, but I don't see why going into a demon mod map and suicide summoning spectres would be considered a broken mechanic? Can someone explain why the gem and summoners were outright kicked in the teeth? We were only strong in relation to other builds when using the CoD + remote mine exploit.

Summoners are decent at the moment but they obviously aren't as strong as other builds at high end because summoners don't scale as well. Nerfing CoD without giving summoners anything in return is a bad move and I don't see the rationale for nerfing a build that is arguable more tedious to play when no longer giving any reward for it?

Hopefully the 1.06 summoner changes (buffs, I hope?) resolve these issues because snapshotting is real annoying and if they did remove it and compensated summoners in some way, I'd be happy with these design decisions.

Finally someone who gets it. Im going to go ahead and assume you don't use soultaker.

I don't know what you mean? Practically everyone who plays summoners knows these things. Summoners don't scale off gear, instead they derive their strengths from summoner mechanics. In exchange for relying more so on mechanics than gear, they obviously scale poorly into the endgame. It's not a big secret, one trade off for another; I think pretty much everyone knows this, especially the developers.

There are a lot of drawbacks to playing summoner, the biggest: needing to waste time snapshotting - not just once, every time a minion dies. While summoners technically can probably clear every single map at a snails pace in mediocre gear, giving a summoner better gear won't increase clear speed much because summoners have a glass ceiling due to their mechanics. Nerfing summoner mechanics is severely gimping the build, a build that already had a lot of drawbacks to it's playstyle and now no longer has a reward for it.

Again, it's just bad design decision unless there is something to compensate in 1.06.

Another thing, I still don't get why CoD should not work on minions at all? Why would dying to summon minions be considered problematic from the standpoint of balance? It doesn't even give summoners an advantage over builds since we'd have to take a 10% xp hit just to get decent spectres.

I was agreeing with you. Also you can summon map spectes with cod without dying theres a way to do it with trap. Before the nerf anyway. So it needed fixing. Im happy to suicide to have that dps, even if they nerfed the cod gem itself as well as the trick to not die.

Problem is u cnat do any of it now and we lost massive dps without any way to make it back.

So lets see what this summoner patch brings because if it doesn't give us some way to get more minion hp at least its bad news....
:)
i am out of this GAME !!! u just nerfed cast on death ! wtf ? why ? just delete this gem from the game then.... all my gear all my build rubish now ! going to d3! GL ALL
"
happybirthday wrote:

It is problematic because the Cast on Death multiplier isn't balanced around being a permanent effect. It is also problematic because it forces players to do unintuitive and tedious things. If the developers want to bump the damage of summoners, they have much better ways to do that.

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
happybirthday wrote:

It is problematic because the Cast on Death multiplier isn't balanced around being a permanent effect. It is also problematic because it forces players to do unintuitive and tedious things. If the developers want to bump the damage of summoners, they have much better ways to do that.

No they do not, summoners DO NOT SCALE after 20/20 gems. You can't expect constantly buffing minions with every new content release to get them up there with the builds that scale with items. It's tedious and far too hard to balance, as every buff fot late game might make them op in leveling, so unless minions are reworked from the ground up, simply removing mechanics from them is a bad decision.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:
"
happybirthday wrote:

No they do not, summoners DO NOT SCALE after 20/20 gems. You can't expect constantly buffing minions with every new content release to get them up there with the builds that scale with items. It's tedious and far too hard to balance, as every buff fot late game might make them op in leveling, so unless minions are reworked from the ground up, simply removing mechanics from them is a bad decision.

Well in a way other builds don't either, i mean there are no lv req 100 items for any build so.

A good way to handle it future proof is decent sized +minion health/damage/speed/whatever mods as a regular non unique mod on items, that way as you get higher lv items you get higher tier mods, would make it scale like other stats.

That aside the only game i felt had pets right was EQ2 when they introduced shared stats where your own stats & mods directly influence the pet's stats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info