CI/Ghost Reaver/Life Leech Question

Hi

Just a quick question:
When I go CI and Ghost Reaver, the Life Leech from the Gem (Freezing Pulse), says "The life leeched is returned at a maximum rate of 20% of your maximum life per second".
Since I have 1 HP with CI, does it scales with Ghost Reaver of my maximum ES than?
i have to know this too, thank you!
I was wondering the very same thing.
does lifesteal even work with CI and ghoust reaver?
and what about Zealot oath, does it make healing pots work with CI?
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
I was wondering the very same thing.
does lifesteal even work with CI and ghoust reaver?
and what about Zealot oath, does it make healing pots work with CI?

Pots are not life regeneration, they are life recovery. Therefore pots do not heal energy shield with Ghost Reaver. That was postet by a dev in another topic.

The life leech must be scaling with the energy shield when you skill Ghost Reaver - otherwise the skill would be completely pointless, would it be not?

Cheers,
Che

Someone posted on another thread about this. The 20% of life cap does NOT apply when you have CI and Ghost Reaver
Sorry, but my english isnt that well.

What does it mean "it does NOT apply"?

There is no life Cap and it will work like we hope? Will that mean we could get potential more maximal "life(energy) leach" then you would normal maximal get with "life"?
"
Darkmode wrote:
Sorry, but my english isnt that well.

What does it mean "it does NOT apply"?

There is no life Cap and it will work like we hope? Will that mean we could get potential more maximal "life(energy) leach" then you would normal maximal get with "life"?

Yeah, English is my first language and "it does not apply" is still ambiguous to me, lol.

This means 1 of 2 things, either there is no cap to the regeneration per second when you take CI (which sounds pretty broken to me and unlikely).

OR he meant that the 20% cap scales with ES instead of HP.

Depending on how all that works, I wonder how Vaal Pact could work out with all of this.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

When you use Ghost Reaver with CI, it works off your hidden health pool - what you would have if you did not have CI. It then regenerates at a maximum of 20% of that hidden number.

Say you have 1000 HP when you take CI;
You now have 1 HP - but still have that hidden value of 1000;
This is useful because Ghost Reaver's leech is based off 1000, not 1;
So you can regenerate up to 200 ES/sec - provided you do enough damage to leech that much.

Also, stun chance/duration is based off your hidden HP, not how much shield you have.

Zealot's Oath - the passive that regenerates a % of your life as ES - is also based off this hidden value if you have CI
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
When you use Ghost Reaver with CI, it works off your hidden health pool - what you would have if you did not have CI. It then regenerates at a maximum of 20% of that hidden number.

So you can regenerate up to 200 ES/sec - provided you do enough damage to leech that much.

Also, stun chance/duration is based off your hidden HP, not how much shield you have.

Zealot's Oath - the passive that regenerates a % of your life as ES - is also based off this hidden value if you have CI

Excellent answer! Very cool! Thank you, I've been waiting all night to find this out.

Is that "hidden" health pool completely static or does it still scale "in the background" with passives and STR? Seems hard to test that accurately. Either way, I'm glad to finally know that it works with CI.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Jan 28, 2013, 8:22:15 PM
"
Glowyrm wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

Excellent answer! Very cool! Thank you, I've been waiting all night to find this out.

Is that "hidden" health pool completely static or does it still scale "in the background" with passives and STR? Seems hard to test that accurately. Either way, I'm glad to finally know that it works with CI.

It scales with passives, extra HP on items, Strength bonus, etc.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info