Enlighten and the free-mason logo (now off topic - on the nature of mathematics)

If, as you say, the French Revolution was only a power taking over from another power, what is so bad about it? Other than it is just the shit way it always goes, of course.

Was the Terror actually an integral part of the freemasons' beliefs?

Now, this might lead to a discussion of religion which is not allowed here, but for me your whole OP boils down to this question: Has there ever been any reason to believe that Christianity is actually a good thing?

Because as far as I'm concerned we have 2000 years of wars, mass-murder, torture, oppression and bigotry all under its name that suggests otherwise.
Last edited by Jojas on Jan 8, 2014, 7:10:10 AM
"
Zemel wrote:
Yes, it's an old symbol. Svastika is an old symbol also. Should it be in this video game ? I don't think so.

It should be, because it's a TRIANGLE you're mistaking for something else entirely. Not only are you mistaking it entirely, you don't even know anything about freemasons, calling it a 'religion' when it's very blatantly not, and thinking a triangle will somehow offend christians because freemasons were almost kind of sort of involved in a single thing in french history from back before they even used the symbol you're mistaking the triangle for.

Not only that, you're very specifically stating that your particular religion is #1 best in the world that nothing can dare offend, or else. You're not special, you're merely tilting at windmills because you're a fanatic.

Oh, and 卐 ARE in videogames, all the time, because one person misusing something isn't enough to take it away from everyone else. Though, if you can find someone from the french revolution who is around to be offended by CHRISTIAN IMAGERY, which is what you are getting offended by, they can go ahead and complain.
My point is that a free-mason symbol has nothing to do in PoE, such a christian, islam, jewish, etc... symbol. Not because It should not be used, but because it's irrational with GGG view on the question.

Then I just explained why some christians can find it offensive.

Don't color my angry, I don't care for free-mason symbols in assassin's creed, because it's part of the story. And if some people find it offensive, well, they just don't play.
And I don't care about seeing a butt or tits in PoE, since it's part of the lore (tribes, monsters, etc)
Standard : BratalUss
It's more similar to the star of david, two triangles on top of each other in opposite directions. It's only now "a free-mason logo" because you called it that.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Zemel wrote:
My point is that a free-mason symbol has nothing to do in PoE, such a christian, islam, jewish, etc... symbol. Not because It should not be used, but because it's irrational with GGG view on the question.

Then I just explained why some christians can find it offensive.

Don't color my angry, I don't care for free-mason symbols in assassin's creed, because it's part of the story. And if some people find it offensive, well, they just don't play.
And I don't care about seeing a butt or tits in PoE, since it's part of the lore (tribes, monsters, etc)

What part of 'it's a triangle, not a freemasonry symbol' confounds you? Should I go grab a french person to translate it so you can understand it? The thing you are mistaking it for isn't a freemasonry symbol either. It is a TRIANGLE. TRIANGLES ARE NOT OFFENSIVE.
Star of David doesn't have a line that separates the top of a triangle from the base.
"
Zemel wrote:
Star of David doesn't have a line that separates the top of a triangle from the base.

That line also doesn't make it any less of a triangle, or any more a religious symbol. It's a triangle. Stop reading your personal beliefs into basic geometry.
"
Szriko wrote:
What part of 'it's a triangle, not a freemasonry symbol' confounds you? Should I go grab a french person to translate it so you can understand it? The thing you are mistaking it for isn't a freemasonry symbol either. It is a TRIANGLE. TRIANGLES ARE NOT OFFENSIVE.

I'm not going to fight with you.

I explained the relation between the term "enlighting" and a triangle with a line that separates the top from the base, and 3 little triangle that represents light (BTW, 3 points in a triangle is a masonic symbol also).

If you cannot understand the connection, I cannot help you furthermore.
"
Zemel wrote:
"
Szriko wrote:

I explained the relation between the term "enlighting" and a triangle with a line that separates the top from the base, and 3 little triangle that represents light (BTW, 3 points in a triangle is a masonic symbol also).

No, you didn't, and no, it isn't.

There is no connection to understand, because you made it up in your own head. There is no actually existing logical connection whatsoever. You cannot help anyone, and should instead seek it.
"
Zemel wrote:
"
Szriko wrote:

The 3 little triangles on the side connect to the line through the top to make an upside triangle. You say I'm stretching with the star of david observation but can't see how you're doing the SAME EXACT THING.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Jan 8, 2014, 7:48:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info