crackling audio issue

Any progress on a fix? This just started happening for me the last few days and is driving me bonkers.
I can confirm there are sound issues since 3.0. Never got them before. Dialogue is completely fucjed up and some sounds make strange noises. It goes away upon restarting the client.
Heho,

I discovered that the only thing (for me) that gets scrambled up is the voices.
May them be dialogs with NPCs or the "random" comments the character says while running around.
Perhaps that helps you identify the problem.

Cheers!
We've made progress on this, It's got something to do with the way we're streaming dialogue. I'm not sure if the fix has been implemented, but it's being worked on.
The audio guy.
Just a note (in case it helps) - encountered this for the first time today after playing the "Beast" dialogue with Petarus and Vanja. The whole audio went nuts right after, it seemed, and the dialogue seemed to heavily jump up and down in volume.
Last edited by TheLiberation on Aug 31, 2017, 7:49:48 AM
Same problem here, really annoying, every time i start POE, dx9-dx11 does not matter, crackling sounds starts.
Hello,
Same problem for me, appeared only since 3.0, I never had it before and I'm playing since closed beta. No changes in hardware since < 3.0, I'm still plugged in via spdif and with the same sound card. I changed GPU last year, but everything was fine before 3.0.

I started a char reroll at 3.0 release, and am progressing slowly, taking the time to read / hear everything. The first crackling error I noticed was in act 4.
It was when speaking to Oyun. I don't remember when precisely, but it was before Kaom and Daresso's dreams. The crackling first impacted an environmental sound while listening to Oyun. I first thought it was the tiger doing a purr or something, while the dialog was still fine (it was at its end though).

But then I noticed the weird sound kept going on even when going away from Oyun. Then, when I tried to come back and speak with Dialla, her introduction phrase was crackling too.
Then speaking to Oyun, she was crackling as well.
Something might have triggered the crackling bug and it looks like it spreaded to every new audio instance.
Restarting the client cleared the problem.

I was playing for maybe an hour, I can't be precise on this matter. I will watch time playing more precisely next time if needed.
I'm ready to help hunting the bug, as it seems I can reproduce it for each game session involving some time and some dialogue.
Good luck on this.
Last edited by Pulsahr on Sep 7, 2017, 3:43:03 AM
This is happening to me too. Sound is great for an hour then starts crackling all to hell. It happens on a laptop I use at work and on my desktop computer at home. The main music is fine if I am not in combat so it appears to only be happening when in combat.
Last edited by JaySolo on Sep 10, 2017, 7:17:39 PM
Sorry to post on an old thread, but this STILL seems to be an issue.. Seriously?

I just recently started playing the game. Then I started noticing the sound will occasionally turn to static during or right after dialog (seems to be mostly from npcs during quests).

The only way I've noticed to fix it is to quit the game and restart it.. Very annoying, because as many people have stated, this game isn't the same without sound. What gives GGG?!

Please fix this! The diminishing sound quality is my one and only complaint so far, but it's enough to make me permanently quit if it persists..
This issue will be fixed in version 3.1.0

Sorry about the time it's taken to get this fix scheduled, it's been a particularly hard issue to solve.

Took us forever just to replicate the problem reliably.
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info