Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Dual wield marauder issues

I think this is the right subforum for this thread...

So, I'm trying to do a sword dualwield endurance charge build for marauder, but I have difficulty supporting both, because of the dex requirement for these weapons. In other words, if I choose to concentrate on endurance charges, I can't use higher tier weapons because of the lack of dexterity.

One way to deal with that is to lower the cost of dex required to equip the weapon.Another solution is to give the marauder 4/5 points of dex per strength passive instead of the measly current 2. That would balance things out imo.

Same should be for other classes - their main passives should give 8 points as it is right now, but their off attributes should be increased from 2 to 4/5. That would allow the creation of more various and fun builds and won't hurt balance that much imo.
In all games I always play as a warrior, guess it's in my blood or something. For all the lonely warriors out there, unite under my banner! Let us dominate over the other classes! To arms!
This would have some pretty serious consequences in terms of lack of class differentiation.
If you want to dual-wield with a marauder, you can either sacrifice some strength passives for dexterity to use weapons like swords, which are Str/Dex, or you can use purely strength weapons, like one-handed maces. Or you can use slightly-off class weapons at a slightly lower level. I don't personally think there's necessarily wrong with that right now.
Hm, guess I'm screwed up for not going dual maces huh? :P Well, if you think it shouldn't be changed, than I'm ok with that. :)
In all games I always play as a warrior, guess it's in my blood or something. For all the lonely warriors out there, unite under my banner! Let us dominate over the other classes! To arms!
You could go axes too with having to pick any dex passives.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
In my opinion, requirement are too low. It shouldn't be so easy for a non-hybrid class to use hybrid items. If all builds are easy, there is no point in searching build.

If there are also people who think requirements are too high, I guess that means it's well balanced at the moment.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Sep 12, 2011, 1:20:58 PM
"
turbo4i4ka wrote:
Hm, guess I'm screwed up for not going dual maces huh? :P Well, if you think it shouldn't be changed, than I'm ok with that. :)

Well you get a passive talent refund in a couple weeks :)

But yeah, dual maces or axes. I think you could support swords, just not if you go all the way to endurance charges first.

Sidenote: you don't really need the extra endurance charge talents to keep you alive until later difficulties, so I would get them last :)

"
aimlessgun wrote:
But yeah, dual maces or axes. I think you could support swords, just not if you go all the way to endurance charges first.

Sidenote: you don't really need the extra endurance charge talents to keep you alive until later difficulties, so I would get them last :)

Pretty much this. You can have swords and endurance charges on a marauder, but it'll take longer to get to the charges and/or require using lower-level swords for a bit while you concentrate on getting the charges. Neither is necessarily a death sentence for the build, although I'd recommend waiting until you can get the charges and keeping your dex up for higher-level swords myself.
So Mark what skill would you recommend for maces when having to deal with mobs?

Unfortunately Cleave cannot be used with maces. Ground Slam is an option but I personally do not like that skill.
you could build a Duellist with focus on the Marauder side tree to get Axes (there a few cheap Dex passives to support the axes) or get ur gear Right for Swords/Axes (Onyx/Jade Amullet and Rings with + Dex for example) otherwise u have to go for Maces and i think they kinda suck due to the lack of strong AoE skills (2h maces are strong but the one handed... i dont like them).
Well, I'm a lvl 64 dual weild axe marauder. I specced for nothing in particular, save blood. other than that i just went for stuff I liked on the tree.

My build is viable but i do have to rely on gear and gems. Without leech on Cleave and around 1700 life regen per minute I would not survive.

My Double Strike (main) does around 900dps...my Cleave does 700 or so....and my heavy does almost 4000. I do have multiple gems boosting this.

Pete
Evil Sysadmin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info