Ranger getting one shot!

"
aimlessgun wrote:
PPS: Maybe you don't have faster run on your boots? Another thing to get at all costs! And the passive that gives you +4% movespeed per frenzy charge is magnificent.

+1, get lots of run speed and embrace your inner coward.

I also went into the strength tree for +life, actually I went all the way down to the bottom to where the knockback on crit skill is, to get the two +% life passives. All that strength also lets me use the STR/DEX armour if I want to.

One more survival tip: keep an eye out for seething & bubbling life flasks. You should have one of these at all times - it WILL save you.

Halfway through ruthless act 2 and haven't been one-shot yet, although I have died a handful of times, though they were all completely out of my control.
Take some Str side passives for extra life, evasion is not worth it right now so stick to armor/hp even found some ES to be okay. The Str passives will also help you be able to use more str based gear with larger armor pools.
Last edited by NeverSilent on Sep 12, 2011, 7:48:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I have a few of the mentioned flasks, and indeed, they are great. I also have 20% increased speed boots currently. Between those and my phase run for emergencies I stay a ways ahead of them.

The only thing mentioned I will have to try is some in the STR tree for health and some armor swaps away from evasion. She is level 42, so I suppose I'll have to find a party to grind a few levels for points to spend in the STR tree. I didn't have the one shot problem until act2 on ruthless and beyond.
RegnarDrowsII - 79 DW Ranger, #6 One month race 10/16/2012
"

Come on, this isn't the WOW forums. I honestly think people making those kind of posts should lose their beta key. We are testing, helping others, figuring and tweaking builds. I don't have a ranger, wish I could help, but I had to post because Etna annoyed me.

Maybe not ban him right away, but I have seen some members put on probation. If that fails to adjust his posting methods then I agree with this.
i experience similiar (but less severe) things on my duelist.

I would reccomend grabbing max hp or energy shield to help potentially turn 1 shot into a 2 shot (big improvment right).

You also need to learn how to fight enemies very defensivily. I find that viper strike is the best way to handle guys that can 1 or 2 shot me. You can apply a few a layers of the dot than run away. The skill is made for hit and run tactics

Another tactic I found is try to get potions with +%armor mods and pop them just before the monster hits you for armor bonus. A mervil's tear would be ideal but those are expensive.

The slow movment curse can help you kite as well

But even with all this tactics random deaths still happen. Just have to wait till tis balanced
What if you spammed Poison Arrow everywhere and let the AoE DoT do its thing? It might help when you need to kite, not sure about the ranged blue/yellow guys though :\
Use frost wall and/or raise spectre.

Even if you are 100% DEX you should be able to use these by Ruthless.

Now that Champion monsters move a lot faster I have been finding frost wall invaluable. Spectre is not 100% but they can serve as fodder. Pretty sure they have same HP as the monster (don't actually use it atm but its an idea).
Constantly raising new zombies and my
Unavailable
are about the only things keeping me from getting oneshot anymore. The only problem I have with Ice Wall is I cannot shoot through it.
Last edited by Ceto on Sep 13, 2011, 2:50:06 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Ceto wrote:
"
Etna wrote:
how about trying a better build for ranger?

if you're getting one shot, the problem isn't the ranger, but you, the player, who sucks

Is that the best feedback you can come up with? Really? So according to your feedback I should skip all the +bow damage, speed and accuracy skills as well as the evasion tree for a better build? What is your "better" build? The str tree? The int tree?

Poor guy, I really did laugh at that though.

if you go a glass cannon build, you shouldn't be surprised when you get one shot.

have you ever reached level 10+ in hardcore?

i doubt that.

maybe giving up 10% dps for 50% more life is worth it.

but feel free to make shitty builds, I won't see you in my hardcore league
"
Etna wrote:
"
Ceto wrote:
"
Etna wrote:
how about trying a better build for ranger?

if you're getting one shot, the problem isn't the ranger, but you, the player, who sucks

Is that the best feedback you can come up with? Really? So according to your feedback I should skip all the +bow damage, speed and accuracy skills as well as the evasion tree for a better build? What is your "better" build? The str tree? The int tree?

Poor guy, I really did laugh at that though.

if you go a glass cannon build, you shouldn't be surprised when you get one shot.

have you ever reached level 10+ in hardcore?

i doubt that.

maybe giving up 10% dps for 50% more life is worth it.

but feel free to make shitty builds, I won't see you in my hardcore league

Mmk, Bye.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info