Ranger getting one shot!

On ruthless and higher difficulty, any of the bigger hard hitting mobs, blue mobs or bosses one shot my ranger. Any of you experiencing this as well?

It is very frustrating to grind out three bars of exp to only have a lone monster run up and one shot you, causing you to lose all the exp you gained for the last 30 mins?

I know evasion is not what it is supposed to be, but damn. Also how are you other rangers working around this? Armor/ES gear perhaps?
RegnarDrowsII - 79 DW Ranger, #6 One month race 10/16/2012
Currently my 26 lvl ranger has evasion gear, waiting for the stat to be fixed. But yeah, even on cruel things can get pretty rough even if 1 opponent hits you. You should just wait for the big balance patch, which is two weeks away. In the meantime create a witch or some other class. At least that's what I did. :)
In all games I always play as a warrior, guess it's in my blood or something. For all the lonely warriors out there, unite under my banner! Let us dominate over the other classes! To arms!
how about trying a better build for ranger?

if you're getting one shot, the problem isn't the ranger, but you, the player, who sucks
"
Etna wrote:

if you're getting one shot, the problem isn't the ranger, but you, the player, who sucks

Is that the best feedback you can come up with? Really? So according to your feedback I should skip all the +bow damage, speed and accuracy skills as well as the evasion tree for a better build? What is your "better" build? The str tree? The int tree?

Poor guy, I really did laugh at that though.
Last edited by Ceto on Sep 12, 2011, 7:19:30 AM
Also want to buy a report button for the negative nancy trolls who have nothing positive to say. If it's not constructive feedback for the beta or it's players it should not be posted.
"
Ceto wrote:
"
Etna wrote:

Is that the best feedback you can come up with? Really? So according to your feedback I should skip all the +bow damage, speed and accuracy skills as well as the evasion tree for a better build? What is your "better" build? The str tree? The int tree?

Poor guy, I really did laugh at that though.

Well if you weren't aware, evasion sucks.....you want to make a ranger? go duelist with armor, not evasion
get armour ,get life ,!
yep, I think that all characters should invest 4 points into strength and get those 2 life points. That is 90 life extra right there. Definately does not hurt to have a bit extra life :)
"
Etna wrote:

Come on, this isn't the WOW forums. I honestly think people making those kind of posts should lose their beta key. We are testing, helping others, figuring and tweaking builds. I don't have a ranger, wish I could help, but I had to post because Etna annoyed me.
"
Ceto wrote:

I know evasion is not what it is supposed to be, but damn. Also how are you other rangers working around this? Armor/ES gear perhaps?

I worked around it by not getting hit. Totally serious.

You get punished hard by lag or desync though, and that's frustrating. But normally melee enemies should never hit you.

Maybe your dps is an issue? You should be able to kill most non-champion enemies before they reach you.

Spitter crabs you can outrange. Other archers can get annoying and you may have to outrange the larger packs and shoot them from offscreen.

Also, just run through the Rocky Climb. Don't even bother fighting the stuff in there. Ditto for Mud Flats.

PS: Craft a mana flask of Fending. Do whatever it takes to get one of these. I actually didn't get one until like lvl 56, but they're amazing.

PPS: Maybe you don't have faster run on your boots? Another thing to get at all costs! And the passive that gives you +4% movespeed per frenzy charge is magnificent.

Looks like I also went 2 into STR to get +47 HP. I don't remember what lvl I did that.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Sep 12, 2011, 7:02:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info