Question(s) about Titucius' Span

So it says it has a chance to block projectiles, specifically.
If it's a spell projectile, and I have chance to block spell damage, does the shield add both the 24% base chance to block AND 25% projectile block?
also interested. necro bump. cant find anything about it.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
You can never be sure when you talk about uniques, devs often shorten the description of special effects for aesthetic reasons. It probably isn't really required because 'block' never means 'spell block' too.

So I guess it wouldn't add 25% to spell block even if it worked unless you got 100% of block as spell block. So, if you had 25% block and 50% of that as spell block, you'd have 25% vs melee and 12% vs other spells, 50% vs projectiles and 25% vs projectile spells.

Yeah, confirmation would be nice.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Also very interested in how this works.
Because; if the extra 25% also translates into spellblock against spells that are projectiles (I assume that is what it probably will be if it works) then it would be very easy to use rainbowstride and/or Lazhwar to get a very high spell block chance with little investment.
Last edited by Karuq on May 17, 2014, 4:14:23 PM
They don't usually answer these kinds of questions because they don't like to think of themselves as ever being vague. You'll have to try to find a clever way of rewording your inquiry so as not to tip them off that vagueness is the issue.
I never considered this unique confusing, but then again I never used it so my initial presumption about how it works might be wrong. Nevertheless I think it works like this:
Whenever you are hit with projectile damage the shield adds 25% to you block chance, whether it's an attack or a spell doing the hitting doesn't matter, projectile damage is projectile damage.
To block spells you need some block to spell block stat but if you do have some it counts the additional 25% if the spell does projectile damage (although if you have more than 50% block normally, part of the 25% would be ignored; increases to max block cap notwithstanding).
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on May 17, 2014, 9:20:33 PM
I'd say it doesn't add to spell block, it blocks spell based projectiles.

Edit: Consider AoE Spell Damage, which would completly bypass this shield.
Last edited by Zogina on May 18, 2014, 3:57:49 PM
roll a 66 map with no regen and go test.

step 1: kill everything in your path until you find an enemy that uses projectile spells.
step 2: kill everything except that enemy with projectile spells.
step 3: go to the lone enemy and stand still in front of it while taking hits, and do not have any spell block. If you notice that you take no damage from a spell -> titucius' blocks projectile spells.

That's about all you can find out about it.
Last edited by Idioticus on May 18, 2014, 3:19:42 PM
"
Idioticus wrote:
roll a 66 map with no regen and go test.

step 1: kill everything in your path until you find an enemy that uses projectile spells.
step 2: kill everything except that enemy with projectile spells.
step 3: go to the lone enemy and stand still in front of it while taking hits, and do not have any spell block. If you notice that you take no damage from a spell -> titucius' blocks projectile spells.

That's about all you can find out about it.

Since it is a Level 30 Shield you won't need a map, docks on normal or cruel difficulty comes to mind.
Last edited by Zogina on May 18, 2014, 3:59:01 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:
I never considered this unique confusing, but then again I never used it so my initial presumption about how it works might be wrong. Nevertheless I think it works like this:
Whenever you are hit with projectile damage the shield adds 25% to you block chance, whether it's an attack or a spell doing the hitting doesn't matter, projectile damage is projectile damage.
To block spells you need some block to spell block stat but if you do have some it counts the additional 25% if the spell does projectile damage (although if you have more than 50% block normally, part of the 25% would be ignored; increases to max block cap notwithstanding).
This is correct. The shield means you have additional block chance against projectiles. If you have some of the stat that applies a % of your block chance to spells, then against projectiles the block chance which is used in that calculation is increased, resulting in more total chance to block a spell projectile than a regular spell (unless your regular block chance was already capped).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 18, 2014, 8:13:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info