We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

1. This game is very complex. For new players like me about the 20-30% of the game is about reading guides and planning builds, gears ect. It was a big supprise the game doesn't provide a combat log or at least death log/recap. It is a game ruiner moment when I die randomly from offscreen something and don't even have a cule what killed me, what should I focus to improve. I bet the game lost many players cause of it and also would be fun to analize death log/recap instead of forcing the players to google WTF could be the reason. For complex games, providing information must be default.
2. As a slayer I wanna see how much life leech overheal HP is left and the healing rate I currently have. As a summoner I wanna se the reamining duration of my totems ect.
3. A damage tester dummy at the base with controlable stats + cobmat log would save a lot of time from googling/calculating.
4. I would love to see my damage over the mobs's head as numbers. It is always a good feeling when u see the improvement in the numbers after a gear change.
5. Inventory management is a hell. There should be at least some default sorting option for pickup. I hate when I have to open inventory to "create sapace" for +1-2 items (by organising) or can't sort by 1 click. Also an indentify full inventory option is needed by button combo + clicking windsom scrolls.
6. I am not sure I am overlooking something or is that a bug, but extremly annoying that I can't move items in my inventory if selling tab is opened.

Other things are quite fine. I like this game, but all these updates would be a minor investment from the developers and would significanty increase (at least for me) the enjoyment.
Last edited by Sheral on Feb 16, 2018, 7:19:58 AM
"
Sheral wrote:
death log/recap
As a slayer I wanna see how much life leech overheal HP is left and the healing rate I currently have
As a summoner I wanna se the reamining duration of my totems ect
A damage tester dummy
my damage over the mobs's head as numbers
Inventory management is a hell
"-Doctor, everyone's ignoring me!
-Next, please."
Welcome to the club.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Please do not make this like prophecy league making us run around to low tier zones for certain mobs. Biggest concern I have is that it is going to be a set areas for these beasts which waste players time in end game returning to extremely under leveled zones.
Returning player (from early 2013) so new to the ATLAS.

In general I think the endgame Maps is pretty fun.

I think the endgame Labs (6 trials) should unlock fully before they start repeating. It's kinda lame to play a lvl 87 character, having unlocked 82 / 157 bonus that's a lot of hours of playtime already invested, and still not able to complete Ascendency choices! (6 of 8) keep the trials random, but let them complete first so a character build can be finished before reaching T10 maps.

In terms of Maps layout, I really like the ones that have small sub-areas like Barrows and Burial Chambers. It reminds me of the small temples in Kurast, Act III of Diablo II. It's fun to explore the smaller areas as well as adds some variety to otherwise boring open layouts.
I remember the first time I downloaded this game on my piece of crap computer... the game lagged so bad I had to uninstall it... that was back in 2014.. now I returned in 2017 a slightly better computer.. but its not no gaming computer I still had lag issues... but after playing it I've been hooked and haven't stopped playing since.. I spent over 100$ so far on just shop gear lol I have no regrets, this game is truly a Gem a 1 in a million and brought me back to the good old days of "diablo 2" sorry to compare it to that but this is what diablo 3 should have been.. blizzard entertainment disappointed its fan base and I'm glad to have left and to become a fan of path of exile it truly is a gem and look forward to future expansions more leagues and more land to explore.. more acts ect. so on and so forth. I haven't been this addicted to a game this much by far the best hack and slash ARPG online. there is no equal.

my only suggestion - make the game or servers what ever it is to make it run more smoothly for the poor people who cannot afford gaming and high quality gameplay from a pc :P
Last edited by jgmsd444 on Feb 24, 2018, 1:39:13 AM
Returning player. Game has had a lot of changes since I first joined. Still lots to learn. Trading does seem to be tricky but that might be because I play in off peak times. I read that you can list items with a buyout on a premium stash tab. I have searched a few times and not seen anything listed that I could "buy now" - so not sure what a user will currently see.

The ability to search trade for those "buy now" type listings that use the premium stash tab might help players purchase in off peak times or make impulse purchases that can "make do" until the best item becomes available. It might inspire creative adaptions or work around solutions. You have the current trade solution for f2p style players that do not want to purchase account features but it could also inspire more to take advantage of the premium stash tab.

Somehow I managed to lose all the daily xp on the crafting masters in the hideout which I had got to about level 5 I was not happy about at the time. Assuming that it was my fault it was too easy to do without seeing a serious warning message.
This was a very disappointing league start for me. I was foolish enough to want oni-goroshi and wasted a huge amount of time. Foolish, but I don't get why that option even exists if the return ain't there. I should have leveled fast and got 27 chaos and bought rebirth cards. Now I have 4 level 7 1/2 characters that are worthless. Ok, so I am unhappy about my bad choices. As for bestiary. It seems to go against the basics premise of the game (kill stuff and take the loot) now you try not to kill and capture. I'm not even carrying nets at this point too much wasted time. I also don't want to re-learn the game. There's more to figure out with which beasts, which recipe how do they work. May have ended POE for me. Good luck. It was fun while it lasted.
Tought of a quality of life upgrade for the bestiary!
When we hover over the beast recipes we should be able to see the max level item currently available from our menagerie.
The other thing is concerning the filter in the bestiary, it'd be great to be able to filter recipes by special beast mods so we can see what craft are available from the beast we just catched.
Otherwise it's a great league
I take 1 free week for play a game i love , and i just looze 1 week of paycheck because it s the worst league i ever played .

maybe it s only my feeling , but i start a league every time with the same build , because i know it s working and i can manage to clear some contents without any problem without investing a lot s of kaos , when i see the ascendency change , i was happy because the build i was playing get a good up .
Now i can t kill a lvl 5 map bosses without dying , and i get OS by red beast who have a better tank than a guardian .

It s not about the capturing fact i m leaving , i like the way it s working , the fight u have to do in ure menageri for get stuff it s good .

I uzualy like Hard game it s not the problem , but when u and ure friends just spend 10 mins in a map 6 boss fight , there is something wrong ;

I will not spend 10 days farming lvl 3 map for be able to grab a 50 ex build for clean content , because GGG just add 3 "0" to a boss hp amouth for increase the dificulty .

U just completly fuck this game .
First impressions about poe.
Hello Devs. My name is Matias, and I have been playing mmos for more than 15 years. and I'm going to use that experience to give you feedback on my first impressions. When I started I did not really feel comfortable with the game, I had to experiment a lot with my graphics configuration to achieve a stable performance and without disconnections between maps, once solved, I found a really great game, although it can be a bit complex At first, I think that is what gives it the most appeal. The skill tree is something unique, complex if you do not have experience, but challenging, it gives you the chance to make a character to suit you, it may work or not, but there is the biggest challenge of this game. The crafting system is great, very complex at the beginning, but as you experiment, you understand how each of the parts works. The gameplay is very intuitive, it's not different from other games and that's fine, it's very correct and our character does what we want him to do at the moment we want him to do it. The content or history, I think is not the most important, but even so it is correct, the lore is well developed and interesting.
The possibility of playing Standard or Hardcore: we all know that it is not something that was invented here in poe, even so it seems great that this implemented that gives us the possibility to accept a real challenge with our character. The system of temporary leagues, is a very strong point, adds new challenges and new mechanics. This keeps the interest on the game and does not become repetitive and boring.
As for the graphics, I think they are correct and it is not the strongest point of this game.
In summary, I think that poe is an excellent game, which is worth spending many hours, is a game with mechanics ranging from the most intuitive to very complex, and that makes it more than attractive for players looking for a game fun and you see it challenging.
The only negative point that I find is the optimization of graphic performance, and I think it is something that should pay attention because it can be really frustrating.
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to give you our impressions about the game and I apologize if there are errors in the writing, since I use a translator and is not always a tool that works properly.

Primeras impresiones sobre poe.
Hola Devs. mi nombre es Matias, y llevo mas de 15 años jugando mmos. y voy a usar esa experiencia para darles un feedback de mis primeras impresiones. Al empezar no me senti realmente cómodo con el juego, tuve que experimentar bastante con mi configuración de gráficos para lograr un rendimiento estable y sin desconexiones entre mapas, una ves solucionado, me encontré con un juego realmente genial, si bien puede ser un poco complejo al principio, creo que eso es lo que le da el mayor atractivo. El árbol de habilidades es algo único, complejo si no tienes experiencia, pero desafiante, te da la chance de hacer un personaje a tu medida, puede funcionar o no, pero ahí está el mayor reto de este juego. El sistema de crafteo es genial, muy complejo al principio, pero a medida que uno va experimentando va comprendiendo como funcionan cada una de las partes. La jugabilidad es muy intuitiva, no es diferente a otros juego y eso esta bien, es muy correcta y nuestro personaje hace lo que queremos que haga en el momento en que queremos que lo haga. El contenido o historia, creo que no es lo mas importante, pero aun asi es correcto, el lore esta bien desarrollado y es interesante.
La posibilidad de jugar Standard o Hardcore: todos sabemos que no es algo que se invento aquí en poe, aun así me parece genial que este implementado eso nos da la posibilidad de aceptar un verdadero desafio con nuestro personaje. El sistema de ligas temporales, es un punto muy fuerte, agrega nuevos desafíos y nuevas mecánicas. Esto mantiene el interés sobre el juego y no se vuelve repetitivo y aburrido.
En cuanto a los gráficos, creo que son correctos y no es el punto mas fuerte de este juego.
En resumen, creo que poe es un excelente juego, al cual vale la pena dedicarle muchas horas, es un juego con mecánicas que van desde lo mas intuitivo hasta las muy complejas, y eso lo hace mas que atractivo para los jugadores que buscan un juego divertido y a la ves desafiante.
El unico punto relamente negativo que le encuentro es la optimización del rendimiento grafico, y creo que es algo en lo que deberían poner atención porque puede ser realmente frustrante.
Desde ya les agradezco por darnos la oportunidad de darles nuestras impresiones acerca del juego y les pido disculpas si hay errores en la redacción, ya que uso un traductor y no siempre es una herramienta que funcione correctamente.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info