We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

"
in 5 Hours of Farming, cant manage to 6Link an Item, found only 34 Chayula-Splinters, have no Currency for running Perandus-Coffers, and so on...
do you mean 5 hours/day or just 5 hours? because if second, I have very dire news for you...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Ygidua wrote:

But also item descriptions confuse me, physical damage, ok, but to what? My Bow, my spells, my minions...? The passive tree is full of stuff, that I don´t fully understand and how it might affect me or my minions.

I've been on an off for a few years now and I still don't get this, which is probably the entire reason I constantly hit a wall at around level 70-80 (if I make it there) and inevitably, the reason I end up leaving for another few months on end.
"
frenzul wrote:
I've been on an off for a few years now and I still don't get this, which is probably the entire reason I constantly hit a wall at around level 70-80 (if I make it there) and inevitably, the reason I end up leaving for another few months on end.

That's what the gameplay help section is for. Drop in, we have cookies.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

That's what the gameplay help section is for. Drop in, we have cookies.
That's the (symptom of the) problem, though. Yes, we have GHD, and wiki, and reddit (for those who can bear it), and all that's good if you are looking for explanation of some complicated situation/mechanics. Item mods should not fall into that category, that's what Ygidua and frenzul were talking about. Heck, I'm still unsure sometimes about how mods work, and I've played this game pretty regularly from the end of OB...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
frenzul wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:

But also item descriptions confuse me, physical damage, ok, but to what? My Bow, my spells, my minions...? The passive tree is full of stuff, that I don´t fully understand and how it might affect me or my minions.

I will admit that the %increased physical damage weapon mod is something that GGG has needed to fix for a long time. It does not work consistently in the way that, say, a %increased cold damage mod on a weapon does.

The former is local, and the latter is global, with NO indication anywhere that this is the case. You have to learn it through trial and error.

That absence of consistency is going to confuse any new player, guaranteed.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
silumit wrote:
That's the (symptom of the) problem, though. Yes, we have GHD, and wiki, and reddit (for those who can bear it), and all that's good if you are looking for explanation of some complicated situation/mechanics. Item mods should not fall into that category, that's what Ygidua and frenzul were talking about. Heck, I'm still unsure sometimes about how mods work, and I've played this game pretty regularly from the end of OB...

Not going to argue that, the game should have basic information inside, like the major rules 'four basic damage types', 'minions have their own stats and bonuses', 'linking two trigger gems to a skill will disable both' and so on. However, it doesn't and I just don't see it getting in there anytime soon.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 12, 2017, 5:30:14 AM
"
raics wrote:

Not going to argue that, the game should have basic information inside, like the major rules 'four basic damage types', 'minions have their own stats and bonuses', 'linking two trigger gems to a skill will disable both' and so on. However, it doesn't and I just don't see it getting in there anytime soon.

4+ years and still
- no name for placeholders like "secondary damage".
- "added damage" mods on items where even old players are wrong whenit comes to if they count towards spells
- hybrid affixes added together on item descriptions

chris found it a good idea once on reddit to have all item's properties dumped to the win clipboard on ctrl+c separately, showing hybrid affixes so tools can be made easier and less error prone.

the feature never came and i would really have an elaboration why not. is it they don't want tools to work? is it they want item affixes to be remain foggy to appear interesting? i would go along with most explanations if there were any.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
raics wrote:

4+ years and still
- no name for placeholders like "secondary damage".
- "added damage" mods on items where even old players are wrong whenit comes to if they count towards spells
- hybrid affixes added together on item descriptions

chris found it a good idea once on reddit to have all item's properties dumped to the win clipboard on ctrl+c separately, showing hybrid affixes so tools can be made easier and less error prone.

the feature never came and i would really have an elaboration why not. is it they don't want tools to work? is it they want item affixes to be remain foggy to appear interesting? i would go along with most explanations if there were any.

Better go post on reddit, then.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

i already do and got more dev answers from there than from here.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

i already do and got more dev answers from there than from here.

Right, that was my point.

It was an indirect jab at GGG. :P
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info