We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Started two weeks ago after I saw Kripp play in Alpha. Pretty much everything I love in my games all wrapped up in one package.

- Amazing degree of technical depth. First game in awhile I did some serious research on before playing.
- The whole skill gem concept and the dimensions it adds to loot acquisition is impressive.
- The barter system with vendors is very creative. I like how you designed the recipes to make sense from a survival standpoint while being tuned to the economic value of different items.
- The dark atmosphere and artistic talent is great. Wraeclast is unqiue in it's own way and I love dark games.
- Impressive amount of lore for an APRG and I like how you wove it in as a treasure hunt similar to dark souls.
- Flash mechanic is also impressive. Rotating flasks scales to your kill speed and doesn't limit it like a static cooldown.

Constructive criticism?

- No clue about the backstory of the Vaal Oversoul or why Dominus was up in that tower. It's bugging me.
- You had some amazing moments as far as atmosphere. The siren's singing as I moved from stage to stage in her cavern made my hair stand on end. The horrors of the bottom of the Lunar Temple were haunting. I just wish there was more of these moments.
- I wish the trading system was more integrated into the game instead of being part of the extended community experience.
Nevermind.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Mar 6, 2016, 8:53:36 PM
Labirynth needs some form of CHEKPOINTS!
it is just TOOtoo long for one go.

I liked it, alot, something new is always exciting. And rewards are fine, but i barely play this game for so much time in a row! Few hours max at day off and thats it

With all disconnects so far, and with HC paranoia, there should be at least few places to just SAVE you progress and get out of there for a break.

First impression:

A fresh addition to the existing content. Labyrinth requires a little smart thinking and simple rushing won't (always) work.

I also really like the idea of the boss mechanics. Hopefully more fights like this will be implemented.

path of exile expert
Hi I'd like to throw my 2 cents worth I have been here for a few years now and a few things that have changed during that time.
1:I don't like the fact that 95% of the gems fall ingame.
I remember the days where you would have to buy gems on trade chat and a multi strike gem would set u back 2-3 c. I like the trade part of the game.
2:I think that the new boxes need to be fixed somehow eg:I am there killing the mobs and once they r dead someone opens the box and a shitload of coins drop for 1 person and a few drop for others in the party why should someone that stands around or kills a few monsters get a bigger coin drop?
GGG are making the game way too easy it's heading towards the D3 path where there won't be any trading and everything you need will drop.I had played diabolo since 1996 but when they stopped the trades ingame and rmah that was the final straw.I saying that I still love this game.
never been more pissed off at this game. lvl 93. I stand there and LAUGH at all the enemys in normal lab. game lags even SLIGHTLY around traps BAM I'm dead. 10 times now ive tried to get normal done. still can't. this is horrific, how the heck did you test this?
"
never been more pissed off at this game. lvl 93. I stand there and LAUGH at all the enemys in normal lab. game lags even SLIGHTLY around traps BAM I'm dead. 10 times now ive tried to get normal done. still can't. this is horrific, how the heck did you test this?

How can you not finish normal lab. I fail to understand. Perhaps it's your build/playstyle and not the actual content? Mind posting your /deaths?
path of exile expert
Last edited by IllusorySuperiority on Mar 9, 2016, 7:03:49 AM
I am not really new anymore, but I have to say I love it.

The passive skill tree is brilliant, as is the interaction on active ones.
I like how Unique items give you something you can't get otherwise, but are often not more powerful than high level rares.

The Sirens singing and the treasures turning to crap give a nice athmosphere, but one thing really stood out: the pocked miners hacking away at the crystals to free new monsters. That really was a "WOW" moment.

EDIT: And the dropbears did solicit a snicker when I first spotted them.
Last edited by Sygenilde on Mar 17, 2016, 9:23:45 AM
Ok, first impression at trying to do melee tank. Impossible, I got 1 hitted with a marauder that stacks on HP, armor and endurance charges. With 8 endurance charges I got 1 hitted... Melee is kind of impossible for people with 50 ping, the game becomes suitable for melee only if you are blessed to have really close server, only because there is a 1 hit option from many mobs (mostly bosses, but even bosses have to be killed at some point).
I'm a relatively new player (started about a week before this expansion). For the most part the game is quite fun.

The biggest problem is difficulty spikes without warning. Act 1 merciless is far easier then act 4 cruel. Izaro is worse still. I beat act 2 merciless without major problems, but have major problems with cruel Izaro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info