1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
SteKrz wrote:
Just don't follow this build, it isn't really well thought and optimised, and some information are just plain wrong. Maybe it was better in previous patches, but not anymore.

I recommend having CWDT lvled so threshold is about 1/3 of your max hp.

About Blood Magic. It is really easy to sustain 5l groundslam (GS - MPD - Faster Attacks - multistrike - Inc. AoE) using mana leech, and use hatred + HoA (Hatred - HoA - Elemental Proliferation - Reduced Mana).

This build is newbie friendly so it is not gonna be optimized. Not all builds are suppose to be fully optimize and be able to trivialize all content and do uber Atziri easily.

Many players here have taken this build and made it their own by optimizing it and changing it to suit their needs.

The whole point of this build is that it is newbie friendly and cheap. New players will not have a lot of currency. Nor will they understand all of the important mechanics, along with how to choose the right gear for your build. This build can teach a new player the ropes of this game. Then when they learn what they need to know then they can explore how to go about optimizing the build.

Some players are using this build in this patch so don't say it is not useful. Maybe not useful for someone that is only looking for the optimal builds that faceroll content. But I hardly think that a build titled newbie friendly along with saying it is a build that doesn't require expensive gear as one that is gonna be optimized.
"
SteKrz wrote:
Just don't follow this build, it isn't really well thought and optimised, and some information are just plain wrong. Maybe it was better in previous patches, but not anymore.

I recommend having CWDT lvled so threshold is about 1/3 of your max hp.

About Blood Magic. It is really easy to sustain 5l groundslam (GS - MPD - Faster Attacks - multistrike - Inc. AoE) using mana leech, and use hatred + HoA (Hatred - HoA - Elemental Proliferation - Reduced Mana).

Sounds interesting. Do you have a link to a skilltree or something. I am using HoA already and I really enjoy the dmg boost.

The cwdt combo isnt useful to me, or i am doing something wrong...

help appreciated :)
If I'd like to use Static strike instead of Ground slam, what support gems should I actually put in? and when I'll use it, should I go a bit into Templar section for elemental damage, elemental weapon damage, hp and radius of area skill etc. etc.? (I'm also using HoA)
Uhhh, got in there and it doesn't feel too good, I can still refund these points.
Last edited by darus26 on Feb 9, 2015, 5:08:41 PM
I'd also like to thank the OP, since as a new player that started with the 1.3 patch this guide was very helpful and straightforward. Completed all the quests following this guide, now finally moving onto maps where I am starting to buy stuff to upgrade my mostly self-found gear and trying to weed myself off BM so I can use those lovely auras.

Highly recommend you trade for Geofri's Baptism maul at level 27, and then Marohi Erqi at 57. Those were the only two pieces of equipment I bought to get through to maps.

One tip for newbies like myself - even though we're using Blood Magic, feel free to use Herald of Ash. That massive 25% drop in total life becomes 12.5% with Mortal Conviction, and even lower when linked to a Reduced Mana gem. Herald of Ash + Reduced Mana + Elemental Proliferation + Increased Burning Damage. If the enemy groups are big enough I'll notice that when I kill the first few, I'll see dead burning corpses up to a screen & a half away.
Why did you put a point in Mortal Convinction?
You definitly dont need Blood Magic!
The Putinus Prime Guide has some useful tips aswell.
"
Massimoto228 wrote:
You definitly dont need Blood Magic!
The Putinus Prime Guide has some useful tips aswell.

There are no doubt many different variations of the OP's build. But this one is for beginners of this game. It is good because it allows you to play the game without micromanaging a lot of things like mana, accuracy, and even resistances early on.

Later on players see the importance for resistances and the need of having them capped they will in time get the gear so they can spec out of those resistance nods. Also his guide doesn't cover using almost all of the points the game gives us. Because very few players will reach those higher levels. Doubt me just check the Bloodlines and Torment league and you will see what I mean. Very few players reach the high nineties in the non ladder leagues like the permanent league standard or the hardcore non ladder.

Also his guide is newbie friendly because he explains everything in his guide. That guide you talked about only gives a little explanation compared to this guide.

It is not about having the highest dps that is possible in the game. It is not about having a build that can steamroll every piece of content in the game. It is just a guide that helps new players learn the ropes of this game and maybe even learn the ropes of marauders if they are just new to the class.

Over the hundreds of pages of this guide I have seen how other players have made changes to the build to make it their own. Optimizing for what they want it to accomplish.
Why we cannot level all of these up to max level?

"Cast when Damage Taken HAS TO be kept on level 1! Enduring Cry HAS TO BE maximally level 5 and Immortal Call - level 3. Increased Duration can reach any level, even 20."
Very good starters guide
got to lvl 25 in bloodlines with only self found stuff ez.

so doing very well so far not even close to near death exp. yet!

skills trees still need a update, i dont get why you took the 50% less reserved keystone when this build is ment to be ran without aura.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info