1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Pi314 wrote:
with Resolute Technique, does that mean my ground slam cant miss?
every critter in the 90 degee arc gets hit?

And how do i make it go further?

and what happens if i increase the quality of the ground slam gem to 20% with the gemcutter orb?

With Resolute Technique you will hit 100% of your hits, on every critter in the area of effect of Ground Slam.

You make Ground Slam go "further" by taking "increased area of effect" nodes/support gem.

20% quality on Ground Slam increases Stun Duration inflicted by Ground Slam by 20%.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
A note on Enduring Cry. At first it might seem really bad, most of the time getting you a single charge. As it levels up it becomes much better, regularly netting two or three charges even on small groups of enemies.

So even though you might not like endurance charges early on, make sure EC is always socketed so that when you get t the point where you start needing charges, you will have a good skill available to get them.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
@upup
Yes. You every critter in Ground Slam's range.
Go for wiki page to see what does quality adds to the gem.
But don't use Gemscutter Prism. It is highly valuable, so you can buy super-equipment for that. It does not worth to increase quality of gem by 1%. Its much cheaper to buy quality gem from someone else.

@up
This!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Jan 28, 2013, 6:14:17 PM
Hey there, quick question.

If armor is so bad, why do you suggest taking grace and iron reflexes to gain armor? Just wonderin if it's worth the trouble, like getting the needed dex (I think) for grace.

Oh, and if I am typing once ... do you identify blue items before vendoring, do you pick em up at all or how do you do this? Can't make my mind there.

Thanks for your build and answers.
Iron Reflexes - fuck logic, yeh? Its more like free armor, since by this level you will have hardly any problems to maintain enough DEX.

It more like you won't have health mods, health regen mods AND armor mods on armor type equipment.
Its much easier to get just health mods and health regen mods.

Secondly, early on amount of armor that your equipment adds is negilgible.

Thirdly, health/health regen mods is like 10x better than armor mods on armor equipment.

Trust me: this is just better, easier and more effective. Especially that armor works only on physical damage.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
Hey NinjaArab,you didn't answer this before so I'll ask again: when you get to it, could you make a trading thread for items specifically used for this build? I've been keeping a lot of items I used while leveling up, because I am sure there are a number of people who would find them useful. Seems more efficient If there is just one thread where people can post what they have, so anybody working through the levels can have an easy time finding relevant items.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
Gerim wrote:
Oh, and if I am typing once ... do you identify blue items before vendoring, do you pick em up at all or how do you do this? Can't make my mind there.

Generally don't bother picking up blue items unless you're going to town and your inventory is empty, so you just want to be effective. Only pick up and identify every yellow item (and of course, brown item). You don't need to bother identifying blue items either, especially not at low level. At mid levels I identify all the amulets and rings I find in hopes of getting a good stat such as high elemental damage, though.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Gilard wrote:
Hey NinjaArab,you didn't answer this before so I'll ask again: when you get to it, could you make a trading thread for items specifically used for this build? I've been keeping a lot of items I used while leveling up, because I am sure there are a number of people who would find them useful. Seems more efficient If there is just one thread where people can post what they have, so anybody working through the levels can have an easy time finding relevant items.

It won't simply work, in my opinion. Secondly I baraly have time to answer most of ur questions and patching the build. I wouldn't be able to moderete next thread.

Oh. And by the way. I don't want to insult you, but as most of you are new players, and you simply just can't see whats good/bad in item, probalby most of your equipment is pure shit.
If you have an 80%+ increased physical damage mace it may worth someting. I don't know what else can you have.

@VenatorPoE
I do also idenfity blue maces. Hoping for 80%+ id xD More like shitting around, not serious tho.
i cant find any magical red linked equipment for ground slam/life gained on hit combo.

i'm at the ship graveyard and will be gettting the life gained hit gem soon.

suggestions?
"
Iron Reflexes - fuck logic, yeh? Its more like free armor, since by this level you will have hardly any problems to maintain enough DEX.

It more like you won't have health mods, health regen mods AND armor mods on armor type equipment.
Its much easier to get just health mods and health regen mods.

Secondly, early on amount of armor that your equipment adds is negilgible.

Thirdly, health/health regen mods is like 10x better than armor mods on armor equipment.

Trust me: this is just better, easier and more effective. Especially that armor works only on physical damage.

I ... totally don't get wheather you want to tell me iron reflexes and grace is good because even if armor is not so important it is still nice to have or if you want to tell me I don't need to get it and can stick with endurance charges.

Sorry if that was clearly written by you, english is not my first language.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info