IIQ/IIR: MF Balance and Diminishing Returns guide (v2.2)

Great data, thanks.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Great testing here, however, you should have included runs with 100-130 Item Quantity and just 200 Item Rarity (i have those values myself), for more consistent info about Item Rarity effecive cap (it may be less than 300, actually).

If you want, i can do those 30 runs instead of you, and share info here, but i need to know, did you counted loot from ALL mobs in Dominus' room, or just loot from Dominus himself, to make my results consistent.

30 runs is a pretty nice example for rares, but far too small for uniques. You need 1k+ runs to state uniques drops consistent.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 27, 2013, 7:51:50 AM
He wrote in the original post that he counts only items from dominus.
GG GGG
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Great testing here, however, you should have included runs with 100-130 Item Quantity and just 200 Item Rarity (i have those values myself), for more consistent info about Item Rarity effecive cap (it may be less than 300, actually).

100/200 skipped just for time reasons. That's a C=6 and due to the IIQ is on the edge of diminishing, values should be "standard".

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
If you want, i can do those 30 runs instead of you, and share info here, but i need to know, did you counted loot from ALL mobs in Dominus' room, or just loot from Dominus himself, to make my results consistent.

Just Dominus. Of course, would be great to add more data if you wnat to share here your results. Thanks.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
30 runs is a pretty nice example for rares, but far too small for uniques. You need 1k+ runs to state uniques drops consistent.

Sure, with higher N values the data will be better. Again just a matter of time, Santa forgot the clones I asked.
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Solid post, what about when doing maps with the MORE quantity modifier.
ign: DaEDaenarys
"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
Solid post, what about when doing maps with the MORE quantity modifier.

I think the quantity bonus from maps is safe from diminishing modifiers, DR only applies to the char's MF. As I wrote, testing same values I used but on maps should be great, but too much hard to compare due to the map mods. Even running white maps, other mobs than signature mobs could appear and data shouldn't be as clean as from Dominus.
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Dec 27, 2013, 9:48:12 AM
"
bersi23 wrote:
Just saying, but: You seem to forget about the great master RNGesus. 250 Dominus runs is a lot, no doubt. But it is aswell a lot to get a 6-linked chest after using 5000 fusings while another player gets 6l after just 10 fusings.

Another example is getting one year long no good unique drops and then to drop kaoms heart + soul taker + shavronnes in just one week. Or conversely.

What I am trying to say: There are NO reliable numvers to calculate with. Either you have luck or you have no luck. Nothing else matters.

You wanna to find a key to the random generator? Well, gl on that.

You can still set up this luck by giving yourself more chances...

nice guide man(OP), i enjoyed reading it
POE 2 hype.
While this guide may provide some vague idea on what to shoot for in regards to farming, it should not be taken too seriously. Despite all the hard work done here, we would need at least 1000 runs, that is to say, five times the amount of work that has been done here -- before we could even begin to create accurate data. The wild swing in data for uniques shows that. Though, this guide is probably good enough if all you're interested in is maximizing rare drops, going by uniques for this isn't sufficient. The optimal rates for unique farming may favor very high IIQ and low IIR or very high IIR and low IIQ. We do know that the way uniques drop is rather odd and how IIR "upgrades" the drops you "would have" gotten is uncertain.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 27, 2013, 1:05:54 PM
I appreciate your efforts a lot! Great thread, and thank you!
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Excellent work.

And rarely do I give props.

Hat tipped to you OP
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info