One-week race pushed back by one day

I understand the whole work/school free day thing.
and ggg can never make everybody happy.

But i would rather mis the end of a race then the start.
Also alot of ppl will die or give up before the end when prices are out of reach.

I do think not starting when ppl are celebrating new year is the right thing overall.
Last edited by NoeNoe on Dec 27, 2013, 7:47:06 AM
Wonder if it was complaining gamers or GGG not able to find someone at the office to volunter to work the specified hour ;)
thanks GGG, amazing change!
Great... change the running time of a week long event a few days before the start time... Because that makes sense. As someone who was an event organizer for several years, this really pisses me off. It took an act of god for me to change the day of an event even a week ahead of the start, yet you're changing an event that is scheduled for thousands.

You can't please everyone, so I don't understand moving the race.

I made plans weeks ago to make the race, and now I have to take an extra day of vacation if I want to be competitive. Starting at 5pm on the 31st was great as I have the 1st off anyway, so now I'm losing a day.

The players who don't want to miss hours of the race likely already made plans.
So now instead of just displeasing the people who had New Years plans, they displeased people for whom the schedule was good, AND people who made plans well ahead of time. The race didn't work well for me, so I made plans to work around it, and now not only is it worse for me, but I look worse at work because I need to change my plans to accommodate.

Coupled with the lackluster prizes, I might just save the vacation days all together.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
"
Sacred wrote:
Wonder if it was complaining gamers or GGG not able to find someone at the office to volunter to work the specified hour ;)

Kiwis would have had enough time to cure their hangovers by the time the race started ;)
Disappointed as well. Took time off from work on NYE and NY to do things that I like. I'll be spending my time on another game now on my days off. :\

Sadness.
The other reason why it's safer to have it start on the 2nd (NZ time) is that then there will be more staff around at the office to fix it if it goes wrong.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Thracite wrote:
"
Aelloon wrote:
"
jerg wrote:
Bleh true gamers celebrate new years by gaming anyhow, this is counter-intuitive.

This.

I'm sad about the change and will have to reevaluate whether I want to do it now.

You're not much of a true gamer if you decide to skip it :)

Well funny. In my opinion people that say "you can't be real gamer when" or "you're not a real gamer" are the ones, that are no real gamers. Gamers are formed through the love to video games, not because they dedicate a holiday to playing them.
"
Chris wrote:
The other reason why it's safer to have it start on the 2nd (NZ time) is that then there will be more staff around at the office to fix it if it goes wrong.

Chris,

I for one, would like to express my gratitude for your efforts. You can't please everyone (you of ALL people should already know this) but I think this is the right decision to make.

Cheers ^.^
Wow I can't believe so many people were actually going to play on new year to have a head start to have an edge to win some pixels a week later. Either way the timing is bad, a week race the first week of a new calendar year makes no sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info