Bino's Kitchen Knife regeneration mechanics tested

"
raics wrote:
"
Peenk wrote:
Who cares really? It's just another BiS unique item to make up for the shit rares that drop.

Not really.
This, my man, is a build enabler, and it enables DoT builds and finally makes adder's touch more than an added flavor. If you're a straight crit dagger build or some variation, you're better off with a good rare.

It pretty much does the exact opposite of what you said.... It enables no new builds, it does nothing for dot builds, it's perfect for crit builds and it is incredibly unlikely you are better off with a good rare for all the survivability you gain with with 1000 HP/second.

Unless by good rare you mean the mirrored dagger above. What are you smoking son.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Dec 26, 2013, 11:16:54 AM
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Peenk wrote:
Who cares really? It's just another BiS unique item to make up for the shit rares that drop.

Not really.
This, my man, is a build enabler, and it enables DoT builds and finally makes adder's touch more than an added flavor. If you're a straight crit dagger build or some variation, you're better off with a good rare.

It pretty much does the exact opposite of what you said.... It enables no new builds, it does nothing for dot builds, it's perfect for crit builds and it is incredibly unlikely you are better off with a good rare for all the survivability you gain with with 1000 HP/second.

Unless by good rare you mean the mirrored dagger above. What are you smoking son.

ofc it's a build enabler.

with that dagger you can run adder's and high crit damage, you just need 1 crit (so no need to boost crit rate to god) and it will spread to other enemies so no need for splash (it will more so lower the adder's touch damage) add then dot passives and you are gtg for a dot build

as for survivability, a normal crit dagger build would have LL+vaal's leeching far more than what they would get from the adder's touch dot.
Last edited by shroudb on Dec 26, 2013, 11:22:54 AM
The damage of the dot is incredibly low compared to the damage of the original crit (1/10th), the DOT isn't going to be defining any builds here.

The knife is a (supposedly) cheaper alternative to a rare high-DPS high-crit dagger, unless the price goes upwards of 30 exalts people who want to build a phys crit dagger build will always have this knife as a lategame-but-not-BIS option. The life gain can probably replace life leech if you have Immortal Call on a trigger gem and can't one-shot yourself on a crit.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Try playing a crit puncture melee and then see if Bino (what a troll name) isn't just what the build needed. It covers all weak points it has, and you know, there isn't much ways to increase pucture DoT (not original damage), 30% is nothing to sneeze at.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Peenk wrote:

BiS compared to
???
I hardly doubt that.

And dont forget - players with DPS so high that they kill stuff less than in a second will take Vaal Pact to leech instantly. Both ES and life based (ES - because VP has no drawbacks for them, and life - because they dont need to waste nodes to get it, usually. And what is the drawback of Vaal Pact? Right, you CANT regenerate life (though you will still heal teammates, probably). And you actually dont need that regenerating either, when your recover full HP wwith a single hit.

So, my verdict:
This dagger is a good endgame item for physical dagger build (200+ DPS, 9.5+ crit chance - such daggers were worth 10-15 exalteds before this patch). But it isnt BiS, because rares can have MUCH higher DPS, and it matters really there.

Do you have any crit dagger char around, wanna see differennce between two this daggers please. Post numbers if possible.

Ah, god damn it, you need this unique dagger to check it :)
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Last edited by qquno on Dec 26, 2013, 11:53:38 AM
Looks nice but where can I loot that cuz I am tired to loot Blackgleam quiver on dom merci ? .. oops QQ =d
Thanks a lot for your testing! Looks really great.
IGN: Scordalia_
"
qquno wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Peenk wrote:

BiS compared to
???
I hardly doubt that.

And dont forget - players with DPS so high that they kill stuff less than in a second will take Vaal Pact to leech instantly. Both ES and life based (ES - because VP has no drawbacks for them, and life - because they dont need to waste nodes to get it, usually. And what is the drawback of Vaal Pact? Right, you CANT regenerate life (though you will still heal teammates, probably). And you actually dont need that regenerating either, when your recover full HP wwith a single hit.

So, my verdict:
This dagger is a good endgame item for physical dagger build (200+ DPS, 9.5+ crit chance - such daggers were worth 10-15 exalteds before this patch). But it isnt BiS, because rares can have MUCH higher DPS, and it matters really there.

Do you have any crit dagger char around, wanna see differennce between two this daggers please. Post numbers if possible.

Ah, god damn it, you need this unique dagger to check it :)

No need to compare. His is basically the perfect crafted phys crit dagger from Standard League, so Bino's doesn't even come close.

As a dagger, Bino's sets the bar for other rare daggers much higher than a similar unique axe/sword/claw/mace would, since it's harder to roll specific mods from a pool that includes many caster and physical mods. Its stats aren't anywhere near a perfect rare, but it's still one of the best phys daggers available if you're looking to buy one in a nonpermanent league like Domination.

Also, the regen mechanic unique to Bino's turned out to be fairly useful, and can basically cover for a lack of life leech on gear. Even if I had a slightly better phys crit dagger, I'd consider keeping Bino's just because it lets me drop some life leech on other gear to better focus on other important mods (life, flat phys, atk speed, resists, etc).
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Dec 26, 2013, 12:16:09 PM
When people argue like this about the effectiveness of an unique item, then GGG did something right.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
The magnitude of the new poison effect and the regeneration effect are both the same as the magnitude of the poison effect that was on the monster you killed. Viper Strike charges aren't poison.

"The thieves guilds of Oriath teach a wicked skill to all initiates - the feared Viper Strike. Employing the skill, a claw, dagger or sword user coats their weapon with deadly venom, a concoction so virulent it permanently marks any weapon it contacts. Once the toxin is applied, the weapon will poison any it strikes, burning deep into their veins, causing wracking, crippling pain. Additional hits will increase the concentration of the toxin, stacking it up to lethal levels quickly. Few have survived an assault of Viper Strike and those who have never forget the agony."

So... I can only assume that description from your dexterity gems section is going to be changed soon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info